Building collapse in Miami

5,099 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
MayorStoner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

Interesting in some of the reports and pictures you can see clear shear punch at the column/table slab connections at the pool deck. Makes me think there are multiple causes for this collapse as well as those people on the half that didn't come down are pretty damn fortunate.
looks like it's actually a second building. Connected by walkways perhaps.
hokiewolf
MayorStoner said:

hokiewolf said:

Interesting in some of the reports and pictures you can see clear shear punch at the column/table slab connections at the pool deck. Makes me think there are multiple causes for this collapse as well as those people on the half that didn't come down are pretty damn fortunate.
looks like it's actually a second building. Connected by walkways perhaps.
no they were connected. The thing I think that saved it is the shear wall and the elevator core. Probably better reinforcement there.
Packchem91
Search efforts have had to be suspended this morning because of movement in the remaining structure.
waynecountywolf
Demolition to take place of remaining structure (Sun night/Monday)
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
ncsupack1
Crazy and sad. Thoughts are with all involved.
Bell Tower Grey
So, they took the place down with the possibility of human remains still within the structure? Are authorities going to sift through that debris to recover whatever remains may still be left within it? If some of my relatives were possibly still in there, I'd be raising hell, but apparently that doesn't help either. That's just damn. Wow.
Steve Williams
Staff
Bell Tower Grey said:

So, they took the place down with the possibility of human remains still within the structure? Are authorities going to sift through that debris to recover whatever remains may still be left within it? If some of my relatives were possibly still in there, I'd be raising hell, but apparently that doesn't help either. That's just damn. Wow.

I think they dropped the rest of the building away from the area they're trying to recover.
BBW12OG
Steve Williams said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I think they dropped the rest of the building away from the area they're trying to recover.
It was a controlled explosion. Zero of the building that was dropped affected the area that they are doing the recovery at. It is no longer classified as a rescue operation. Sad that this could have and should have been avoided.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Bell Tower Grey
Thanks, guys.
Oldsouljer
Bell Tower Grey said:

I think what you meant to say is, that's just Broward County. Home of every screwed up situation in the state of Florida including the crappy Sheriffs office and their cowardly school resource deputy at Parkside, and oh yeah, a thoroughly corrupt board of elections.
BBW12OG
Oldsouljer said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I think what you meant to say is, that's just Broward County. Home of every screwed up situation in the state of Florida including the crappy Sheriffs office and their cowardly school resource deputy at Parkside, and oh yeah, a thoroughly corrupt board of elections.
Wait until the MSM spins this as Governor DeSantis' fault.... they've tried already. It didn't stick. They will pin this on him with hopes of derailing his 2024 march to the White House.

Good thing going for us is that the lefties, like many on here, aren't quite adept enough to stop stepping on their own Richards. They, once again, overplayed their hands when they are in power. If they would just govern accordingly they'd never lose power. Thank God they don't have the cranial substance to do that.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
dogplasma
CNN article reports efforts now shifted from rescue to recovery. That's got to be a truly gruesome task.
Wolfer79
body of last reported missing person recovered today
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

body of last reported missing person recovered today
For the sake of those loved ones, at least they get some closure. However, after 26 or so days in that debris and the Miami weather, as Delbert says to John Boy - "not too good"
Wolfer79
ICYMI: @UConnBSB reliever Justin Willis and his family escaped the condo tower collapse in Surfside, Fla. @AntOlivieri has their story - and what it's meant to the 88-year-old woman they helped make it to safety.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.