Yellowstone

7,394 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Werewolf
JocoPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Williams said:

We've made it to the last episode of season 2. I have to say, this is probably one of the best series I've seen in a while. Beth and Rip are probably my two favorite characters but Beth, man, whoever comes up with her script- damn. LOL I would definitely recommend watching it although viewing options are pretty limited.
Glad you're enjoying it, Steve. I agree that whoever writes for Beth has got quite the imagination lol.
Daviewolf83
We just finished Season 1 tonight. My son talked us into starting the series after he got home from his bowl game last week. He said a lot of his teammates are big fans and they got him to start watching. He watched a lot of the episodes during the down time after exams while they were preparing for the bowl game.

It was my mom's favorite TV show when she passed away a few months ago. A week before she passed, she said she was sad that she would die and not know how it ends. My son keeps asking me who my favorite character is on the show, but I have not decided yet. Both Beth and Rip are compelling. My wife really likes Beth, as does my son.

I told my son it is like The Godfather or The Sopranos, but located in Montana. If you use The Godfather analogy, Rip would be the Tom Hagen character.
Steve Williams
Staff
BTW, I looked up Monica and she's not Indian, she's actually half-Chinese. Interesting.
Daviewolf83
Steve Williams said:

BTW, I looked up Monica and she's not Indian, she's actually half-Chinese. Interesting.
I saw that too. She is also grew up in Columbia, SC.
hokiewolf
Daviewolf83 said:

Steve Williams said:

Might be the only thing good to come out of the dogs mouth of a town.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

We just finished Season 1 tonight. My son talked us into starting the series after he got home from his bowl game last week. He said a lot of his teammates are big fans and they got him to start watching. He watched a lot of the episodes during the down time after exams while they were preparing for the bowl game.

It was my mom's favorite TV show when she passed away a few months ago. A week before she passed, she said she was sad that she would die and not know how it ends. My son keeps asking me who my favorite character is on the show, but I have not decided yet. Both Beth and Rip are compelling. My wife really likes Beth, as does my son.

I told my son it is like The Godfather or The Sopranos, but located in Montana. If you use The Godfather analogy, Rip would be the Tom Hagen character.
There is a scene in S3 with Beth and John Dutton (Costner) where, if your mom got that far -- you will blush yourself when you see it! Costner's reaction in this scene is outstanding.

It's a great show -- and is benefitted from the scenery and setting. And music. They have a really good soundtrack, mostly from artists who are a bit off the beaten path.

Of all the characters, the most easy to picture in this setting is Costner. Maybe its because of knowing he was in Dances w/Wolves in a somewhat similar scenario, but he just looks like an enterprised rancher.
Packchem91
BTW, for those who love this show, might also suggest The Son, which is now on Hulu. Was based on a book I read a few years ago of same title by Phillip Meyer.
Storyline is about "the first son of texas", a kid who was abducted by the Comanches (some mean SOBs), grew up with them, then goes on to reintegrate and become a huge landowner / oil guy.

Similar violence to Yellowstone. Beautiful scenery, except think south Texas / Rio Grande area. Pierce Brosnan is the main guy, and he does a very nice job. Story bounces back and forth between when the main character was with the Comanches and him as an adult.

For those of you who were also Longmire fans (Netflix western, set in Wyoming though filmed in NM) -- the actor who played Indian police chief Mathias in that show is one of the main characters in The Son.

Only 2 seasons.
bigeric
Costner's voice has changed as he has aged. For me, it lends authenticity and depth to his characters.
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Steve Williams said:

Dustin Johnson?!? C'mon man!
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

hokiewolf said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Steve Williams said:

Dustin Johnson?!? C'mon man!
I'd add another --- I-26 to Charleston.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

There is a scene in S3 with Beth and John Dutton (Costner) where, if your mom got that far -- you will blush yourself when you see it! Costner's reaction in this scene is outstanding.

It's a great show -- and is benefitted from the scenery and setting. And music. They have a really good soundtrack, mostly from artists who are a bit off the beaten path.

Of all the characters, the most easy to picture in this setting is Costner. Maybe its because of knowing he was in Dances w/Wolves in a somewhat similar scenario, but he just looks like an enterprised rancher.
Costner played an incredible Devil Anse Hatfield in an epic History Channel Mini-Series from about 4-5 years ago... all the practice he needed for this role.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Costner played an incredible Devil Anse Hatfield in an epic History Channel Mini-Series from about 4-5 years ago... all the practice he needed for this role.
Glad you posted that --- will serve as a reminder I've never seen that series, and need to go do that.
packgrad
I watched Season 3 again this past week. Damn....
SupplyChainPack
If I remember right, Costner was fat and lazy.

Oh what might have been.
Steve Williams
Staff
I've made it through episode 3 of season 3. The latest season seems like it started kind of slow.
Steve Williams
Staff
Finished up season 3 last night. As a whole the season was just meh for me but the ending was pretty damn insane and a great cliff hanger for season 4.
packgrad
Season 3 definitely wasn't as good as 2, but I thought season 2 was the best so far. Can't wait for summer to see what happens.
Daviewolf83
Finished season 3 last night. I agree it was not as good as Season 2, but I consider it more of a bridge season - setting up the plot line for Season 4. My wife was so disappointed last night that she has to wait until the Summer to find out what is going to happen, considering how much they packed into the last episode of Season 3.
Daviewolf83
JocoPack

Just a reminder the new season is this Sunday
TheStorm
statefan91 said:

Can you give a quick synopsis?
LOL. Which one do you want?!?

The one when he is watching it himself? or the predominant one's where he is watching it with his wife?
Werewolf
The best show I've seen in years. I watched every single episode.
Pack00
Tonight......
packgrad
That is how you start a season premiere.
Pack00
Beth being Beth......."Smart Bird"......

Werewolf
JocoPack said:

Just a reminder the new season is this Sunday
Paramount is free on HULU PLUS
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.