NC State cuts ties with CPI

3,534 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wlfpackamk
Wlfpackamk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have my opinion but these days everyone gets overly offended. I think there can be multiple societal issues at once. The CEO brought up one issue while another is being discussed.
Wlfpackamk
^ the pic is NC States statement from Twitter.
cowboypack02
NC State has a right to do business and have whoever they want as a sponsor, but I guess we've reached the point as a society that unless you have the exact same point of view as everyone else on a topic you deserve to be punished.

Someone and their company deserve to be cancelled now for saying that a better use of time is to focus on the black on black crime and the senseless killing or our young men by other young men?

What is wrong with that?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wlfpackamk
Cancel culture. Cancel cancel cancel. They don't deserve a livelihood and all of them should suffer.

I mean where have we gotten?? It's a POV and it wasn't even dangerous. It's simply another problem that's not being discussed.
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

NC State has a right to do business and have whoever they want as a sponsor, but I guess we've reached the point as a society that unless you have the exact same point of view as everyone else on a topic you deserve to be punished.

Someone and their company deserve to be cancelled now for saying that a better use of time is to focus on the black on black crime and the senseless killing or our young men by other young men?

What is wrong with that?

Because the timing of the CPI CEO's unsolicited email was completely inappropriate and a complete deflection from the topic at hand in America right now.

Black-on-black crime doesn't mean that beef with the bias inherent in criminal justice for black Americans is unfounded.

Just like with the Drew Brees thing, there are way better, more sensitive, and more productive ways to raise those concerns.

They didn't get lambasted because they didn't have the 'exact same point'; they got lambasted because their execution and delivery sucked.
Wlfpackamk
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

What is wrong with that?

Because the timing of the CPI CEO's unsolicited email was completely inappropriate and a complete deflection from the topic at hand in America right now.

Black-on-black crime doesn't mean that beef with the bias inherent in criminal justice for black Americans is unfounded.

Just like with the Drew Brees thing, there are way better, more sensitive, and more productive ways to raise those concerns.

They didn't get lambasted because they didn't have the 'exact same point'; they got lambasted because their execution and delivery sucked.

Or they had principles and people would rather them die then have their own ideas.
Wolfer79
Wlfpackamk
Wolfer79 said:

Surprise. The same people that helped push the RNC from their building.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Civilized
Wlfpackamk said:

Or they had principles and people would rather them die then have their own ideas.

So much in life is how, and when, you say things. Tact matters especially in positions of power and responsibility.

They failed at that critical communication skill and it hurt them. It will likely hurt the CEO's career because his personal conduct has had extremely detrimental effects for his company.

It hurt Drew Brees' relationship with his teammates, and he seems like he's bent over backwards to start repairing those relationships, which is great.

It's hard for me to believe a dude in the CPI CEO's position so badly misjudged the potential negative effects for his company and himself by sending that unsolicited email. His failure was so much worse than Brees to me because it was completely unsolicited.

Brees was responding to a question in an interview and booted a ground ball; this moron CEO punched himself and every stakeholder in that company in face for no reason. If I'm that company's board, he gets fired on general principle because he's getting paid huge money for 'A+' executive functioning and that was 'F' work. His colossally poor decision not only is negatively impactful but it speaks to a broader lack of judgment that makes him poorly equipped to lead.
packgrad
CPI should have a ton of money to advertise elsewhere now. Especially since liberals want to defund the police. I don't expect them to lose business by these woke responses.
Wlfpackamk
packgrad said:

CPI should have a ton of money to advertise elsewhere now. Especially since liberals want to defund the police. I don't expect them to lose business by these woke responses.

True story. People better get them a CPI with no cops to come help.
Wlfpackamk
Civilized said:

Wlfpackamk said:

So much in life is how, and when, you say things. Tact matters especially in positions of power and responsibility.

They failed at that critical communication skill and it hurt them. It will likely hurt the CEO's career because his personal conduct has had extremely detrimental effects for his company.

It hurt Drew Brees' relationship with his teammates, and he seems like he's bent over backwards to start repairing those relationships, which is great.

It's hard for me to believe a dude in the CPI CEO's position so badly misjudged the potential negative effects for his company and himself by sending that unsolicited email. His failure was so much worse than Brees to me because it was completely unsolicited.

Brees was responding to a question in an interview and booted a ground ball; this moron CEO punched himself and every stakeholder in that company in face for no reason. If I'm that company's board, he gets fired on general principle because he's getting paid huge money for 'A+' executive functioning and that was 'F' work. His colossally poor decision not only is negatively impactful but it speaks to a broader lack of judgment that makes him poorly equipped to lead.

So do they get the business back when "timing" is good?
Wolfer79
Civilized
Wlfpackamk said:

Civilized said:

Wlfpackamk said:

So do they get the business back when "timing" is good?

I doubt it; I think that company is damaged goods for the foreseeable future from a PR standpoint. This is very visible.

I don't think major college and pro sports teams would have a very hard time replacing CPI and find corporate security partners that don't stomp on their own ***** while standing on a national stage.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

At least someone in the Durham Bulls organization is working now.
Bas2020
So let me get this straight ... CPI is cancelled for saying something factual yet Governor Northam, Jimmy Fallon etc dress in black face and are given a pass ?

Not to mention all the racist things Biden has said.

Explain that . It's as if certain groups are allowed to say whatever they want ...
griff17matt
Wlfpackamk said:

packgrad said:

Why? They notify the cops for you. Who tf they gonna call if police departments are disbanded?

It's a legit topic that NEEDS to be discussed but I'm not sure a white CEO is the dude that needs to start it.
Wlfpackamk
griff17matt said:

Wlfpackamk said:

packgrad said:

Why? They notify the cops for you. Who tf they gonna call if police departments are disbanded?

It's a legit topic that NEEDS to be discussed but I'm not sure a white CEO is the dude that needs to start it.

Good point. No one to call. Welp, guess it will just become Slaughter Race from Wreck it Ralph.

Also, why are CEOs so evil. They were once college kids that became interns that became staff that became board members. They aren't people with opinions?
packgrad
griff17matt said:

Wlfpackamk said:

packgrad said:

I don't have an alarm for them to call the cops for me. I have an alarm so if someone opens the door downstairs while Im asleep in bed I have time to grab my gun.

Yes. It's apparent that white people aren't able to say anything about Black people without repercussions, factual or not. Mind you Black people can flood social media with dear white people, and white people need to do this, and white silence is violence messages. I think this double standard is wearing thin on quite a few people.
Ncstatefan01
I took tremendous offense to the CEO saying that the protests were a waste of time. This country was built around the ability to protest, especially something as abhorrent as the brutality that they are protesting. This wasn't about simply stating another issue that needs fixing, among many. It was about saying what they are doing is a waste of time. I am very glad these teams I pull for no longer do business with someone with that point of view.
Wlfpackamk
Ncstatefan01 said:

I took tremendous offense to the CEO saying that the protests were a waste of time. This country was built around the ability to protest, especially something as abhorrent as the brutality that they are protesting. This wasn't about simply stating another issue that needs fixing, among many. It was about saying what they are doing is a waste of time. I am very glad these teams I pull for no longer do business with someone with that point of view.

In an effort to listen to all sides I can agree with that part of saying it's "wasted time". Granted many have vehemently rejected the riots. Many peoples lives have been ruined out of some sort of retribution, and several killed. Peaceful protests are certainly worth it. What happened was wrong and most agree to that. There are other problems in this country that people are ignoring because it doesn't fit a script, however.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.