"Old Tuffy" a perfect pairing for NC State and New Belgium

6,627 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wolfer79
JocoPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't realize that New Belgium was going to be kicking back some money to the brewing sciences dept. Even more of a reason to buy some

https://www.wral.com/919-beer-old-tuffy-a-perfect-pairing-for-nc-state-and-new-belgium/18546439/
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Turfpack
I was in Ft. Collins, CO for work last month and managed to grab an "Old Aggie" near CSU. Really enjoyed the beer. My customers that are CSU folks love it and were pumped for us State fans to have it with Tuffy on the can. Even though it's not a unique brew it's still great exposure for the school on store shelves for consumers. Excited to buy some to get to Dallas for football season.

https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/old-aggie/
https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/old-tuffy/

Go Pack!
If you can't mow it, don't grow it.
PackBacker07
JocoPack said:

Didn't realize that New Belgium was going to be kicking back some money to the brewing sciences dept. Even more of a reason to buy some

https://www.wral.com/919-beer-old-tuffy-a-perfect-pairing-for-nc-state-and-new-belgium/18546439/

"We've had some people reach out to us, including one high school coach, to get beers for parents for recruiting videos, so when a player is committing to NC State they'd have their parents in the background shotgunning Old Tuffy cans in the background."
Y'all means ALL.
JocoPack
PackBacker07 said:

JocoPack said:

"We've had some people reach out to us, including one high school coach, to get beers for parents for recruiting videos, so when a player is committing to NC State they'd have their parents in the background shotgunning Old Tuffy cans in the background."

Haha I scratched my head when I read that. I wonder what recruit they're talking about?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
PackBacker07
Wolfer79 said:

Nice. I'm down at Sunset this week - may have to head up for this.
Y'all means ALL.
wilmwolf
I know about the release parties this week, but does anyone know when the cans will be in stores, and which stores? I'll hangup and listen.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Bell Tower Grey
That "Old Tuffy" signage should be put on the football equipment tractor trailer.
IseWolf22
wilmwolf80 said:

I know about the release parties this week, but does anyone know when the cans will be in stores, and which stores? I'll hangup and listen.

I heard the 10th but some people have found them in Harris Teeters around Asheville already
wilmwolf
Thank you. If Teeter carries it, that would be great since that's where I shop more often than not.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

New Belgium representatives will be introducing Old Tuffy at these locations:

* Tuesday, Aug. 6, at Pantana's Pool Hall, Raleigh Times, Sammy's, Stateview Hotel, Boxcar and Sawmill

* Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Tasty Beverage, State of Beer, Brickhouse, Flying Saucer, Aloft Hotel and Mitch's Tavern

* Thursday, Aug. 8, at Liquid State, Armadillo Grill, Tapworks Raleigh, Mellow Mushroom, Raleigh Beer Garden and Hibernian

Bars and stores across the state will be selling Old Tuffy. Check with your favorite place to see if they carry it. The Alumni Association does not have a complete list of where Old Tuffy will be available
JocoPack
I'm not sure where it's going to be sold tomorrow but I told the wife I was cleaning out the outside beer fridge today and she thought it was because I was going to quit drinking.

Lord how she was wrong.
wilmwolf
Lol. I don't drink a lot of beer these days, but there's room in the beer fridge for 12 of these beauties, or 24.
JocoPack
wilmwolf80 said:

Lol. I don't drink a lot of beer these days, but there's room in the beer fridge for 12 of these beauties, or 24.
I'm serious man. I don't drink a lot of beer either but when folks come to the JocoPack household and want beer, they'll be drinking Old Tuffy.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I'm serious man. I don't drink a lot of beer either but when folks come to the JocoPack household and want beer, they'll be drinking Old Tuffy.
My new den refrigerator arroves Thursday; holds 60 cans. Already cleared out a space for it within arms reach of my recliner. At least half the space will be for Old Tuffy.
JocoPack
Bell Tower Grey said:

JocoPack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

My new den refrigerator arroves Thursday; holds 60 cans. Already cleared out a space for it within arms reach of my recliner. At least half the space will be for Old Tuffy.

Now that's what I'm talking about Bell
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
JocoPack
Went to the Lowe's Foods at Cape Carteret last night and bought 4 cases. Bartender at the beer den said they can't keep it in stock.

Also, I saw a tweet from someone yesterday that said New Belgium is going to be releasing a ton of Old Tuffy merch. Including tap handles. Get your wallets ready, folks.
ZAXPACK15
I went to New Belgium up in Asheville this past weekend and they had a whole corner with "Old Tuffy" shirts, stickers, etc. for sale. It was also neat that the tap handle for it was taller than all of their others so it really stood out at the bar.
wilmwolf
ZAXPACK15 said:

I went to New Belgium up in Asheville this past weekend and they had a whole corner with "Old Tuffy" shirts, stickers, etc. for sale. It was also neat that the tap handle for it was taller than all of their others so it really stood out at the bar.
I would like to purchase one of each of those things.
ncsualum05
I'm mad b/c they don't have **** in Hickory. They are only getting a couple cases at a time and it goes quickly. There's a small waiting list. Don't understand why they can't get more at my grocery store. Plenty of Pack fans and alum in the Hickory area.
ncsupack1
Need to check Lowe's foods here in Garner at some point.
Wolfer79
PackBacker07
I've gotten my hands on some at this point, but I was at the HT in Wakefield yesterday and there were 3 separate folks back in the beer section asking a poor worker about it.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Picked up two 12 packs today at Harris Teeter on 10-10/401. Going to have a few during the truck race today. Also, there was only a few left from the display.
Glasswolf
The Lowes Food on Leland in Rolesville is always hit or miss. No big displays or anything like that. Went last Thursday and they had all of 2 individual tall boys. Went Friday and picked up a 12 pack.....
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.