Greg Fishel resigns from WRAL

4,375 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PackDaddy
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wral.com/greg-fishel-announcement/18190287/

Never saw this coming

"I want to let viewers of WRAL know that you will no longer see me as a part of the WRAL News team. I know there will be many questions as to "why?" and I would like to share what I can with you. I have been facing many personal challenges over the last year, and these issues have impacted my ability to work effectively and professionally. I take full responsibility for my actions and intend on meeting these challenges head on. WRAL-TV has accepted my resignation."
walstylez
Does anyone know what happened here?!?
Glasswolf
walstylez said:

Does anyone know what happened here?!?
Nope and most likely won't ever know the true story. It appears to be a quit or be fired scenario. To spend 38 years at WRAL and not get any kind of send of, it must have not been good. I've heard his wife hasn't been well lately but who knows
PackMom
We always liked watching Greg but no longer live in the WRAL market. Sorry to hear this and hope he'll be okay.
Steve Williams
Staff
Really strange news. Whatever the situation, hopefully Greg will be okay. Noticed he deleted his Twitter account.
ncsupack1
He used to sit by us at football games and seemed like a good guy. Hopefully everything with him is fine, but something is going on here.
walstylez
Yeah, I really hope he's ok. I really like Greg.
TheWhiteWolf
What I've heard was that it was a drinking issue and he was in rehab previously but then had a relapse. Hopefully he can get the help he needs
PackDaddy
Mods, please lock this one and let's move it to the all things bourbon thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.