Howling Cow ice cream available at Harris Teeter in Wake County

3,319 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackMom
HT has licensed it, but this is apparently not the ice cream produced on campus. I might need to take a nice cooler with ice packs next time I head that direction!
iwenc
It is the exact recipes though, and the University earns more on what's sold at HT vs what is sold on campus. If it's successful, they will expand geographic availabilities, sizes, and possibly other flavors. For now, more flavors, NC State-made, are available on campus at the C stores, or if you're willing to pay a premium for hand scooped pints, at the Talley ice cream shop.

In any case, enjoy the ice cream regardless - it's non-caloric when it funds scholarships and programs, right?
PackMom
Good to know, thanks. In any case, for now I need to go to Wake County to acquire it. I'm guessing it's easier to get to HT than to the campus C-stores (since I no longer have kids in school there!), but I may try to get to campus for some other flavors.
iwenc
If there is a flavor you really like, you can buy in bulk directly from the department. An 8 pint pack of a single flavor is only $33. If you are having a party, the 3 gallon tubs are $44. The tubs have the most flavor varieties available.

If you are a fan of Moose Tracks, the Wolf Tracks flavor is the same thing. The company that owns the rights to Moose Tracks kindly allowed us to make it our own for a $1 licensing fee. Wolf Tracks and the Chancellor's Choice will never be sold at HT, just on campus or the State Fair. Right now the CC is Wolf Tracks, but last year it was vanilla with a raspberry and fudge ripple.
Wolfer79

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
In Wilmington now! Score!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
ncsupack1
Bought some the other day and loved it. Good stuff.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.