Baseball 4/27-29 vs unc-ch , SOLD OUT

13,602 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedPooch33
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
more games off the board! Don't miss the action on Sunday 4/29!

#2 #Pack9 vs. #11 ECU - SOLD OUT!

#2 #Pack9 vs. #19 UNC- CH (4/27) - SOLD OUT!

#2 #Pack9 vs. #19 UNC-CH (4/28) - SOLD OUT!

Limited tickets available for remaining home games https://t.co/DDudPMN57V https://t.co/GwJPDCk4ge
Wolfer79
All 4 games for @NCStateBaseball next week are SOLD OUT!

Limited tickets available for remaining home games https://t.co/AVSdQsSJr7 https://t.co/Xk7UI5gewH
EthanBarry
Staff
So just for reference on our ACC records since we're tied... we've beaten 14-7 and 13-7 teams on the road and won a road series against a 10-11 team. They lost to 11-9 and 10-11 teams (same team we played). Their best series win is either over 10-11 team who is also 18-23 overall or one 9-10 team who is 17-22 or another 9-10 team who is Pittsburgh. They're 5-9 against teams in D1 baseball's most recent projected bracket, we're 8-2. Huge discrepancy, absolutely sucks that we are tied (but we also should've swept BC and ND)
NatePait94
Got 3 tix for the 29th. Very excited about root, root, rooting for the home team. If they dont win it's a shame!!!
Pack31
Starters: Fri....Johnston/Klyman
Sat...Brown/O'Donnel
Sun...Piedmonte(as long as he can go)/ rest of bullpen

Sound about right?
EthanBarry
Staff
FWIW somebody on IC saying their closer is suspended
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

Starters: Fri....Johnston/Klyman
Sat...Brown/O'Donnel
Sun...Piedmonte(as long as he can go)/ rest of bullpen

Sound about right?

Yep
PackFansXL
EthanBarry said:

I think the Swahili translation for "suspended" is no workey on Sunday.
Pack31
EthanBarry said:

That the dude Evans took 425 feet for a 3 run dinger to destroy his tiny ERA? Yeah, I'd hold him out too. He sucks. Lol
Wolfer79
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

That the dude Evans took 425 feet for a 3 run dinger to destroy his tiny ERA? Yeah, I'd hold him out too. He sucks. Lol

NC State baseball does not have an Evans on the roster, much less one that played vs unc-ch.
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

Different guy
CLTWolf
Pack31 said:

EthanBarry said:

You were So close. Evan Edwards and it wasn't close to 425 feet. Awesome bomb tho. I liked it.
Wolfer79
Here's our weekend rotation against the Tar Heels

#GoPack https://t.co/R5OWUovtdH

Johnston
Brown
Piedmonte
EthanBarry
Staff
Wolfer79
Weekend Preview - Should be an exciting weekend at #TheDoak, as the ACC's top scoring teams square off https://t.co/P0IQAEo5Wa

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday: RHP Cooper Criswell (UNC-CH) vs. RHP Reid Johnston (NCSU)
Saturday: RHP Austin Bergner (UNC-CH) vs. LHP Brian Brown (NCSU)
Sunday: RHP Tyler Baum (UNC-CH) vs. RHP Johnny Piedmonte (NCSU)

Scouting UNC-Chapel Hill
UNC-Chapel Hill has won six of its last eight games heading into the weekend and is ranked No. 6 in this week's Collegiate Baseball Rankings. The Tar Heels have won their last four ACC series and are coming off a sweep against Georgia Tech.

UNC owns a team batting average of .285, which is the third best in the conference. Kyle Datres leads the Heels with a .355 batting average complemented by a team-high 59 hits.

On the mound, UNC's pitchers have compiled a 3.58 earned run average (ERA) to rank fifth in the ACC.

Bismarck
EthanBarry said:

Hobbs Johnson just received his spring semester grades and got all A's!!! He'll be able to step in.
wilmwolf
EthanBarry said:

I'm not even sure I want to know what you have to do to get suspended over there.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
EthanBarry
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

I'm not even sure I want to know what you have to do to get suspended over there.
Supposedly happened during a game so I'd guess throwing a hissy fit about being taken out
wilmwolf
Now that you say it, one of their pitchers had what looked like a brief testy exchange with the catcher during our midweek game with them. Can't remember who it was, but it may have been this guy. Pitcher looked like he said something to the catcher, and the catcher kinda fired the ball back at him. I think the pitching coach came out right after that, and it looked like the two players kinda fist bumped like they were making up. The announcers didn't say anything about it, and I may be the only person that saw it. Without going back and watching the game again, I can't say who it was, and I'm sure it wouldn't be the cause of this suspension, because they've played a series since then. But if it was the same kid, it may indicate that he's prone to tantrums.

Disclaimer: I was a catcher for a few year stretch during my many years of playing, this didn't look like a typical exchange between pitcher and catcher.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

Now that you say it, one of their pitchers had what looked like a brief testy exchange with the catcher during our midweek game with them. Can't remember who it was, but it may have been this guy. Pitcher looked like he said something to the catcher, and the catcher kinda fired the ball back at him. I think the pitching coach came out right after that, and it looked like the two players kinda fist bumped like they were making up. The announcers didn't say anything about it, and I may be the only person that saw it. Without going back and watching the game again, I can't say who it was, and I'm sure it wouldn't be the cause of this suspension, because they've played a series since then. But if it was the same kid, it may indicate that he's prone to tantrums.

Disclaimer: I was a catcher for a few year stretch during my many years of playing, this didn't look like a typical exchange between pitcher and catcher.

Catcher probably quoted Crash Davis after the home run
"Anything that flies that far ought to have a stewardess"
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Different guy.

Their starter during our game got suspended apparently for his actions after the SS made the error that caused a couple runs. Dude dropped a big time loud MFer and got pulled right after. Supposedly he missed 3 games for the way he acted once he got pulled. I dunno if it's true or not.
CLTWolf
Wolfer79 said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Catcher probably quoted Crash Davis after the home run
"Anything that flies that far ought to have a stewardess"

Or he could've called his coach the magic words...
basementwolf
wilmwolf80 said:

EthanBarry said:

I can't imagine "indefinitely" lasts past start of Friday's game.
Wolfer79
Get up, it's game day! We've got a big @NCStateBaseball rivalry series in #TheDoak this weekend that starts tonight!

UNC-Chapel Hill
6:30 p.m.
@ACCNetworkExtra

#GoPack https://t.co/iZulTBKwOz
Wolfer79
In preparation for the upcoming sold out series featuring @NCStateBaseball vs. UNC, we would like to remind fans of the prohibited items and behavior at Doak Field at Dail Park. https://t.co/R1ur87eW4p
Wolfer79
.@NCStateBaseball will look to take its 11th straight ACC series win with a visit from its archrival this weekend
https://t.co/i3MCKlwNh8
Wolfer79
Capacity student crowds expected for this weekend's sold out @NCStateBaseball series vs. UNC-CH!

Valid NC State Student IDs will be swiped until capacity is reached.

Arrive early, gates open 90 minutes prior to 1st pitch.
wolfpack1437
CHeat players swinging out of their shoes. Every player looks like he's trying to win it with one swing.
wolfpack1437
Pack leading 2-0 bottom 3
wolfpack1437
3-3 After 4
wolfpack1437
4-3 Pack leads after 7
BigLefty24
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they left Klyman in a little too long. Shoulda been pulled with first and second no outs, and definitely shouldn't have been in there with bases loaded and no outs.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Ncsu67
Why did Klyman stay in???
wolfpack1437
6-4 CHeats lead after Klyman
wolfpack1437
6-5 CHeats after 8. Terrible K call against Kinneman. Terrible
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.