Story Poster
Photo by Bruce Newman/Special to the Clarion
NC State Baseball

COMMIT ALERT: NC State Lands Utility Player Trenton Lyons

July 4, 2024

NC State has landed a commitment from Ole Miss freshman Trenton Lyons, who is capable of playing multiple positions for the Wolfpack.

Lyons informed Inside Pack Sports that he committed to the Wolfpack coaches on July 4th.

Lyons was a big-time prospect out of high school, as he was rated the No. 205 player in the 2023 class by Perfect Game.  He received serious draft interest before enrolling at Ole Miss last fall.

He appeared in 22 games this season, making seven starts while totaling 10 hits and a .263 batting average.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder primarily played catcher, but he is also capable of playing third base and shortstop and is a switch hitter at the plate.

He indicated he will be playing one of the infield positions for the Wolfpack.

This summer he is playing for the Holly Springs Salamanders in the Coastal Plains League.  A Coastal Plains All-Star, Lyons is hitting .298 with 16 stolen bases in 27 games.

We’ll have more shortly from Lyons on his decision so stay tuned!

Tags: Baseball

COMMIT ALERT: NC State Lands Utility Player Trenton Lyons

3,782 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by crestcharger02
Englishwolf44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like a solid pickup. Adds competition at third and SS, adds depth at catcher, and adds more speed on the base paths.
JCooke93
There it is
James Henderson
Staff
Englishwolf44 said:

OSeems like a solid pickup. Adds completion at third and SS, adds depth at catcher, and adds more speed on the base paths.
2nd as well
CLTWolf
Welcome to the Pack Trenton!
HappyHooker73
Pack baseball recruiting great job
It’s a RED State!
Wolfpackrich1
I like it. Go Pack!
crestcharger02
Saw him at a Salamanders game and the Ole Miss part caught my attention. Glad he is staying.
TraCha4
Welcome to the Pack
braz213
crestcharger02 said:

Saw him at a Salamanders game and the Ole Miss part caught my attention. Glad he is staying.
How did he do the game u saw?
crestcharger02
braz213 said:

crestcharger02 said:

How did he do the game u saw?

I was entertaining my boys so no clue. They scored a good bit that game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.