Story Poster
NC State Baseball

POSTGAME BASEBALL TALK: Florida

June 18, 2024

Here is our postgame zoom call looking back at NC State's loss to Florida in the College World Series.
To watch this video, you must be a Inside Pack Sports Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial

POSTGAME BASEBALL TALK: Florida

2,438 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by wilmwolf
Tootie4Pack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Raw and unfiltered Rob. He got on a roll. Hilarious and entertaining.

Rob: " I'm just a simple man, I grew up on a dirt road in Durhm."
wolfpackjb
"Crossed the what!?"
wilmwolf
If folks want to save time and just listen to someone who knows ball, you can skip to the 57 minute mark when Rob comes in.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
griff17matt
wilmwolf said:

If folks want to save time and just listen to someone who knows ball, you can skip to the 57 minute mark when Rob comes in.
lol the gatekeeping is getting ridiculous here
wilmwolf
griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

Promoting the wit, wisdom, and whimsy of Rob McClamb is gatekeeping? I personally found it way more entertaining than the previous hour of James and Ethan passing the same talking points back and forth, but I'm certainly not trying to deny you of that dross should you want to listen to it.
The Gatekeeper.
griff17matt
wilmwolf said:

griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

Promoting the wit, wisdom, and whimsy of Rob McClamb is gatekeeping? I personally found it way more entertaining than the previous hour of James and Ethan passing the same talking points back and forth, but I'm certainly not trying to deny you of that dross should you want to listen to it.

Rob thinks the same thing I do so he knows ball!

I enjoyed both sides of the argument and think they're both valid and worth hearing out. Baseball guys are so annoying with the constant gatekeeping of "their" sport and how it should be played. It's tiresome.
StateFan2001
wilmwolf said:

griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

Yeah I thought just the opposite. James and Ethan calling it like it is and then Rob going homer. (Which is fine but you have to see it for what it is).
StateFan2001
griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

Rob thinks the same thing I do so he knows ball!

I enjoyed both sides of the argument and think they're both valid and worth hearing out. Baseball guys are so annoying with the constant gatekeeping of "their" sport and how it should be played. It's tiresome.

It isn't baseball guys. It's just 2-3 homers who gatekeep around here. Gets pretty annoying. But yes they certainly do think highly of their opinions.
wilmwolf
The Gatekeeper.
Rob McLamb
Staff
Homer
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

wilmwolf said:

griff17matt said:

wilmwolf said:

Yeah I thought just the opposite. James and Ethan calling it like it is and then Rob going homer. (Which is fine but you have to see it for what it is).

Lol Rob going homer? Rob isn't even a State fan.

I get the argument for walking but at the same time it's still baseball where even the best players fail more than they succeed. He's still more likely to get out than get a hit and much more likely to get out than hit a HR.

You can apply the same logic as the bunting argument. Why bunt and give up an out when you're more likely to get out than get a hit anyways? Why walk him and give up a base when he's more likely to get out than get a hit?
Tootie4Pack
wilmwolf said:

Classic WilmWolf.
James Henderson
Staff
It's okay to have different opinions LOL
StateFan2001
James Henderson said:

Yep and it is ok to call it like it is. Doesn't mean you dislike the coach or want him fired. There were things I did not like in the 2 games in Omaha, but I still fully support Avent and his program. Boring conversation if we can't look at things objectively.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

Yep and it is ok to call it like it is. Doesn't mean you dislike the coach or want him fired. There were things I did not like in the 2 games in Omaha, but I still fully support Avent and his program. Boring conversation if we can't look at things objectively.

And people have different opinions of what "calling it like it is" means. Having different opinions quite literally means these discussions are subjective not objective. Boring conversation if everyone just agreed with each other.
James Henderson
Staff
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

And people have different opinions of what "calling it like it is" means. Having different opinions quite literally means these discussions are subjective not objective. Boring conversation if everyone just agreed with each other.
Right, we can get on the postgame and just cry for an hour if folks would like, but I'd prefer to analyze/discuss what all happened in the game.
wilmwolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

Is it gate keeping to complain about people posting their opinion about how they don't like someone else's opinion? I have a hard time keeping up.
The Gatekeeper.
StateFan2001
wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

Is it gate keeping to complain about people posting their opinion about how they don't like someone else's opinion? I have a hard time keeping up.

It's really not that complex. Just stop policing any opinion given that calls a coach decision into question.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

It's really not that complex. Just stop policing any opinion given that calls a coach decision into question.
You're literally trying to police his opinion right now lol
CLTWolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

Tootie4Pack
I'm still trying to figure out who the Key Master is in all of this.
CLTWolf
Tootie4Pack said:

I'm still trying to figure out who the Key Master is in all of this.
wilmwolf
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

wilmwolf said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

The Gatekeeper.
wilmwolf
Honestly, it has never been my intention to keep anyone else from expressing their point of view, and last I checked, I have zero power to do so even if I wanted to. In fact, I purposely avoid posting or responding to certain people because I know that everything I say gets their panties in a wad. One thing I'm certainly not going to do is change what or how I post. My track record for 7+ years on this website is consistent and there for all to see, and if they don't like what I do, there's an ignore feature, which I can promise you I use to great effect.
The Gatekeeper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.