Tennessee wins #MCWS (Pack9 finish ranked #7)

21,604 Views | 230 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Glasswolf
Wolfpack91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tennessee Wins CWS. Yawn.
Glasswolf
Pack 9 finish ranked #7 according to Baseball America.

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Coach15
Off topic but just realized SMU doesn't have a baseball program. Strange. Will they try to fire one back up with being in the ACC?
Glasswolf
Coach15 said:

Off topic but just realized SMU doesn't have a baseball program. Strange. Will they try to fire one back up with being in the ACC?

Same with Syracuse. I doubt they would put one together. It would take a few years

BigLefty24
Coach15 said:

I'd wager there's a near 100% chance they restart their baseball program. Plenty of stadiums there in Dallas thay could accommodate them until they have their own digs again. Local area loaded with baseball talent. They have massive donor support that could put together a competitive team in 2 years from an NIL standpoint.

SMU has been yearning for a spot in a major conference forever. I don't see them passing on fielding an ACC baseball program and trying to compete in one of the best baseball conferences in the nation. Heck, Dallas Baptist has been a top 25'ish program right there in Dallas, and they don't have anywhere near the resources SMU will be able to throw at a baseball program.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

JCooke93
Yes please
ncsupack1
I've had to turn Facebook off today. Wife and I know a couple of UT fans, ( neither went there ) are have gone completely off of the deep end between last night and today.
Wolfpack91
Glasswolf said:

Pack 9 finish ranked #7 according to Baseball America.

Seriously hope nobody is complaining about a final ranking of 7th. I know we all want more but a College World Series appearance is impressive any year.
FourOaksWolf
Texas A and M coach reported to be taking the Texas Longhorn job. Wow.
CALS Alumni
Glasswolf
FourOaksWolf said:

SI is reporting it's a done deal. Wow indeed!

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/breaking-texas-longhorns-baseball-hiring-texas-a-m-aggies-coach-jim-schlossnagle-01j18a79jjk8

BigLefty24
wow
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Wolfpack91
https://sportsdata.usatoday.com/baseball/cbb/coaches-poll/2024-2025/2024-06-25

NC State #8 in the USA Today NCAA Baseball Coaches Poll
Jtilley
FourOaksWolf said:

That was a done deal no matter if he won last night or not. They fired HC yesterday and they have moved very fast on all their big hires of late. Texas AD was his AD at TCU.
FourOaksWolf
Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

That was a done deal no matter if he won last night or not. They fired HC yesterday and they have moved very fast on all their big hires of late. Texas AD was his AD at TCU.

Interesting. If that's the case, Texas did a good job of keeping it out of the media during the CWS.
CALS Alumni
Glasswolf
FourOaksWolf said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Interesting. If that's the case, Texas did a good job of keeping it out of the media during the CWS.
Word is leaking out that the timeline of the Texas firing/hiring started to take place before or around the time as A&M playing in their regional.

ncsupack1
What a wild but not surprising story. This right here is why I don't blame the kids that make decisions based on money.
Jtilley
ncsupack1 said:

What a wild but not surprising story. This right here is why I don't blame the kids that make decisions based on money.
His buy out from A&M is three million alone. That is on top of another million buyout for the coach they just fired.

But lets not pay the kids lol.

Jtilley
I would like to know what would have happened if they had actually won? He holding out another week or so?
ncsupack1
Jtilley said:

ncsupack1 said:

His buy out from A&M is three million alone. That is on top of another million buyout for the coach they just fired.

But lets not pay the kids lol.

I know right?
StateFan2001
Did someone complain about being ranked 7th?
StateFan2001
Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Seems like a bit of conflict of interest to be managing A&M in Game 3 while knowing you will be the HC at their biggest rival the following day. You wonder if the players knew this was coming as well. Not an ideal situation to say the least.
Jtilley

They played Georgia at the end of April…..
wilmwolf
The timing of it is wild. Certainly not unprecedented for a coach to do, Roy not giving a **** about UNC comes to mind, but I'm sure it sucks for the kids. Hard to question if it affected his ability to coach them, when he had them a swing away from winning the CWS, but not a good look.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Glasswolf

Daviewolf83
Staff
Jtilley said:

I saw another report on Twitter this morning that A&M's assistant coaches have been recruiting players to Texas since April, so the April date is likely accurate (I usually trust what Rogers reports). If they were being paid by A&M and recruiting for their future school while on the A&M payroll, I would expect some legal action to be coming and potential involvement from the NCAA.
SportManagementEngineer
Daviewolf83 said:

Jtilley said:

I saw another report on Twitter this morning that A&M's assistant coaches have been recruiting players to Texas since April, so the April date is likely accurate (I usually trust what Rogers reports). If they were being paid by A&M and recruiting for their future school while on the A&M payroll, I would expect some legal action to be coming and potential involvement from the NCAA.
Yeah if they (A&M) can prove it, they should go after them hard.

If I was quietly persuading my clients to my new employer that I'd be joining in the near future- my employer's biggest competitor- and I got caught, I'd expect to be sued into the stone age.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
FourOaksWolf
StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Seems like a bit of conflict of interest to be managing A&M in Game 3 while knowing you will be the HC at their biggest rival the following day. You wonder if the players knew this was coming as well. Not an ideal situation to say the least.

Yep, freaking wild.
CALS Alumni
StateFan2001
FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.
Not sure I would be comfortable sending my kid to Texas to play for this guy given the way this has been handled.
Nairo
Travel club baseball parents often aren't the type to care about ethics and integrity.

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.
Not sure I would be comfortable sending my kid to Texas to play for this guy given the way this has been handled.
ncsupack1
Nairo said:

Travel club baseball parents often aren't the type to care about ethics and integrity.

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

We have kept our boys from playing travel ball. Power to those that do.
Nairo
What has happened with youth sports is depressing with all the greed, selling false hopes and depriving kids of childhood

ncsupack1 said:

Nairo said:

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

ncsupack1
Nairo said:

What has happened with youth sports is depressing with all the greed, selling false hopes and depriving kids of childhood

ncsupack1 said:

Nairo said:

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

Agree. We've seen this happen to a couple of people we know. Wife and I have decided that we aren't going to do this.
StateFan2001
Nairo said:

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Everyone plays travel baseball these days. I would venture to guess there is virtually nobody playing college baseball that didn't play travel ball to some extent. So, you are basically saying nobody that plays baseball has any integrity??
StateFan2001
Nairo said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nairo said:

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

It is what you make of it.
StateFan2001
ncsupack1 said:

Nairo said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nairo said:

StateFan2001 said:

FourOaksWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jtilley said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Yep, freaking wild.

Agree. We've seen this happen to a couple of people we know. Wife and I have decided that we aren't going to do this.
I think you are looking at this wrong. You, as a parent, determine how much involvement your kid has in travel ball. But to just say the whole thing is bad would be incorrect. Some of the best memories my son will have when it is all said and done will be playing travel baseball with his buddies growing up. At the end of the day, it is just another form of playing baseball during the summer. It doesn't have to be focused on chasing a scholarship. The scholarship piece shouldn't even be a consideration with travel baseball until your kid is in HS and has shown an advanced skillset. The rest is just playing ball. Can it be expensive? Yes, sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.