#Pack9 (32-19, 18-11) ACCT Pool C 5/22 VT (19-9 W) 5/23 Duke(1-8L)

16,079 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Civilized
Slobbering_Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MAWolfpack said:

Duke scored a ton against VT too. Healy is better than Highfill…..it's that simple so far.

Maybe tonight, but overall..... negative
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
Alex Gee
Staff
Jtilley said:

Alex Gee said:

They still have to get us out 15 times. This game probably wasn't going to be 3-2. Does that suck? Sure. But the "it's over" stuff and ****ting on our guys is pretty silly.

I don't love having to face a Pollard matchup based bullpen for four innings.

March 23, 2024
FLWolf
ass whoppin
Slobbering_Wolf
That's a HR lol, man this is pitiful, at this point I hope we don't get run ruled
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
metcalfmafia
Absolutely getting it handed to us.
PackWatch
That's all she wrote.
FlockaWolf
Pitchers will be well rested this weekend
Borowolf10
Let's get home, get well rested, and make another Omaha run.
MAWolfpack
Slobbering_Wolf said:

MAWolfpack said:

Duke scored a ton against VT too. Healy is better than Highfill…..it's that simple so far.

Maybe tonight, but overall..... negative

Yes, overall. He's got better stuff and he's only a freshman.
metcalfmafia
We better show up pissed the hell off at this regional.
Mr. O
Glad we got the win last night in case we don't come back.
gabeezzell04
They're gonna lose the game but state fans wanting to fire coaches after any loss is beyond ****ing stupid
SportManagementEngineer
Should've started Marohn tonight right
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Whitetailpack
What's Duke's record against State in meaningful acc tourney games? I was in attendance for the 1-0 base running debacle for the 'chip a few years ago.
metcalfmafia
Show a little fight and score some runs. For the people in red who showed up tonight.
PackWatch
Avent is abysmal in the ACC tournament.
WilsonWolf
PackWatch said:

Lol **** you
metcalfmafia
gabeezzell04 said:

They're gonna lose the game but state fans wanting to fire coaches after any loss is beyond ****ing stupid

I hope no one is talking firing anyone. That's insane.

Avent did mess up though. That's just the truth.
Packamylase
This is disappointing.
Civilized
PackWatch said:

Making a bunch of finals is 'abysmal'?

Interesting
Jtbridges317
PackWatch said:

You're a *****. Get out of here
pbr1973
It's baseball. Nights like this happen. Game isn't over. Still innings to be played
WolfQuacker
And just like that it's PackPride up in here.

Chip away and at the very least, make this respectable.
Glasswolf
gabeezzell04 said:

Most don't want the coach fired. They want the coach(s) to pay attention sometimes.
BigLefty24
I remember 12 hours ago when we were arguing about which arms we'd have available on Sunday.

Avents decision to start Marohn yesterday very likely will end up preventing us from being a two seed in Knoxville, Columbia, or Greenville.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

ClePack
We used all of our hitting last night
ClePack
BigLefty24 said:

I remember 12 hours ago when we were arguing about which arms we'd have available on Sunday.

Avents decision to start Marohn yesterday very likely will end up preventing us from being a two seed in Knoxville, Columbia, or Greenville.

Good point
PackWatch
WilsonWolf said:

PackWatch said:

Lol **** you

Struck a nerve huh?
Tomas93
Trying to keep my disappointment in check. I really wanted the ACC title this year, and with Miami winning it seemed like it was all setting up right for us. Reminding myself this has been a really good year, the team still has a lot to play for, and Avent and the staff have done a great job managing the team all season. I am having a hard time letting it go that they left Sam out there with the bases loaded against the leadoff hitter but we are going to have to flush it and move on. It was a bad decision that looks like it will cost us this game, but I still believe this team can make a deep run on the next stage.
CoachCase
Sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield! Tonight we are the bug. Hope we learn quickly from this debacle. Go Pack!
Rob McLamb
Staff
It is 8-0 after six innings.

Assuming this result holds up, which isn't exactly a massive assumption, some thoughts:

1. NC State is still capable of reaching Omaha.

2. The hope from a Wolfpack point of view is shaking this off quickly.

3. While there are games ahead that can erase the sting from this, as of right now for me it is one of the more disappointing losses that NCSU has suffered. This team was absolutely good enough to win this competition. Myself and plenty of others thought they would win it.

Honestly, the fact that is Duke makes it more sickening. They are one of the few schools that NC State can bang with resource-wise in the ACC. This probably would have been NC State's toughest game in the tournament too. I don't think Miami on Saturday would have been a major issue.

4. Once again, the players will have to forget and move on quickly. It won't be easy. I am already having a problem doing it.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb
WilsonWolf
PackWatch said:

WilsonWolf said:

PackWatch said:

Lol **** you

Struck a nerve huh?

Sure did, hell of a state fan
Alex Gee
Staff
The bases were loaded and the grand slam was hit in real time 4 minutes and 30 seconds fyi. Would've been pretty tough to warm someone up
BigLefty24
Tomas93 said:

Trying to keep my disappointment in check. I really wanted the ACC title this year, and with Miami winning it seemed like it was all setting up right for us. Reminding myself this has been a really good year, the team still has a lot to play for, and Avent and the staff have done a great job managing the team all season. I am having a hard time letting it go that they left Sam out there with the bases loaded against the leadoff hitter but we are going to have to flush it and move on. It was a bad decision that looks like it will cost us this game, but I still believe this team can make a deep run on the next stage.

all this outrage on Avent. Highfull is supposed to be your stud. If you're gonna win an ACC Championship, your stud needs to pitch like a stud. Dont walk the bases loaded. Don't hang a two strike curveball that should be in the dirt and give up a grand slam...
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

PossumJenkins
BigLefty24 said:

We are literally in the running for a top 8 seed. The regional was a lock last weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.