#Pack9(25-16, 12-9) vs UNC Wilmington 4/30 5pm streaming only

3,067 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by JCooke93
Alex Gee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

To be fair…Heavner missed a 2 run homer that woulda won it by a protein shake

Unreal play by left fielder. Hat tip moment
PossumJenkins
What is a mak looking for. Sheesh
BigLefty24
you cannot let that pitch go by for strike three in that situation. That's simply terrible.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Slobbering_Wolf
I love Eli, don't get me wrong but I miss the guys we used to have in CF who could get to that ball
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
kmb717
Tuesdays are just cursed for this team. Not sure what else to say.
Alex Gee
Staff
Slobbering_Wolf said:

I love Eli, don't get me wrong but I miss the guys we used to have in CF who could get to that ball

There might be one guy in the country who could get to that ball dude lol. That thing was smoked
Slobbering_Wolf
Alex Gee said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

There might be one guy in the country who could get to that ball dude lol. That thing was smoked

I mean some of our guys in the past, we have had some CFs who could have gotten to that
Alex Gee
Staff
I'm normally completely unbothered by mid weeks. This one really bothers me. It fits the story of the season: we have to hit better.

That's too good of a pitching performance to lose to what UNCW threw on the mound tonight.
Slobbering_Wolf
Can't blow a game like that.....pitiful
SportManagementEngineer
Eh the committee has told us that weekday games don't matter much. Just keep winning on the weekends.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
WilsonWolf
Keep winning the ACC series but damn if these mid week losses aren't getting old
Tomas93
5 total hits. Pitching was more than good enough, but 5 hits is just not going to get it done.
BigLefty24
that was....something.

You got your best hitter watching a 3-2 fastball go by on the inner half with one out in the bottom of the 9th with the winning run on second.

Then, you get the tying run in scoring position with two outs in the 10th, you pinch hit for your hitter in a 1-0 count..bring in a dudr that hasn't played in six week, and he swings at the first pitch and pops up to end the game.

Speechless. That's some epic failure in situational baseball.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Borowolf10
Maybe let Serrano just ****ing hit? He's pretty good.
BigLefty24
Borowolf10 said:

hell, that bunt was the only thing right they executed in 6+ innings at the plate.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

DJncsu13
Borowolf10 said:

At least take a pitch there after the pitcher walked the lead off man on four straight.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Jordan
If it comes down to it Midweek games might cost us a regional?
StateFan2001
Jordan said:

Yep. I mean it is 25 percent of your schedule. You can't just throw mid weeks away. Theoretically an ACC team should be feasting on mid weeks. We shouldn't be better in conference than out of conference. Talks to a lack of quality depth
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

Jordan said:

Yep. I mean it is 25 percent of your schedule. You can't just throw mid weeks away. Theoretically an ACC team should be feasting on mid weeks. We shouldn't be better in conference than out of conference. Talks to a lack of quality depth

Quality depth is the reason we've won series against three top 15 teams and are 5-2 in ACC series even with the injuries we have. It actually speaks to the strength of our depth.

State has to win 2 out of the last 3 ACC series to host which was true before tonight's game as well
StateFan2001
matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jordan said:

Quality depth is the reason we've won series against three top 15 teams and are 5-2 in ACC series even with the injuries we have. It actually speaks to the strength of our depth.

State has to win 2 out of the last 3 ACC series to host which was true before tonight's game as well

So what do you attribute to? Can't be a fluke at this point.
Alex Gee
Staff
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jordan said:

Timely hitting. If we hit against UNCW x2 and Campbell then nobody is sky is falling midweek performances.
matracey
StateFan2001 said:

matracey said:

StateFan2001 said:

Jordan said:

I mean yeah kinda flukey lol that's baseball especially in one game sample sizes. If you look at just our ACC Sunday games like we look at just midweek games we are terrible! 2-5 with getting run ruled 3 times yet we actually won the series in 3 of those 5 losses.

Two one run losses to UNCW and an extra innings loss to Campbell. One more hit in each of those games turn them into Ws. Heavner literally got a 2 run HR robbed last night. Great play by that guy but there's a ton of luck involved in making that catch. And we've had our fair share of luck go our way on the weekends I realize that but those are series so much better indicator of what the team actually is. Like I said that's baseball.

I just think this team is way closer to the team we see on the weekends winning series against some of the best teams in the country than the team that is losing midweek games.
JCooke93
Ryan Marohn and Dudan look very good last night
JCooke93
Yup
JCooke93
Agree
GeeBee
Alex Gee said:

I'm normally completely unbothered by mid weeks. This one really bothers me. It fits the story of the season: we have to hit better.

That's too good of a pitching performance to lose to what UNCW threw on the mound tonight.

It's the Achilles heel of this team - inability to consistently hit - as we have certainly seen good hitting at times.
JCooke93
I think we will be fine
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.