#Pack9 (20-14, 10-8) vs unc-ch 4/18-20 (9-8W) (5-4W) (3-14 L)

21,989 Views | 371 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by I40Wolf
kmb717
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slobbering_Wolf said:

Those two plays by Luke..... wonderful for the freshman

Big pick by Pennington too on that 2nd out
Nairo
22-14/12-8 in league. Series wins over #2, 9 and 11 and not ranked. Comical.
SexualChocolate
So close to being elite. Great wins so far.
Alex Gee
Staff
WilsonWolf said:

Good news. Not sure who starts tomorrow but we have Dudan and Smith ready to roll tomorrow

I say pour it out. Others might disagree. Whitaker or not: Marohn, Consiglio, Dudan, Smith… run em out there. Get to 13 ACC wins.
WilsonWolf
Alex Gee said:

WilsonWolf said:

Good news. Not sure who starts tomorrow but we have Dudan and Smith ready to roll tomorrow

I say pour it out. Others might disagree. Whitaker or not: Marohn, Consiglio, Dudan, Smith… run em out there. Get to 13 ACC wins.

Sign me up
packgrad
Can I get 2 at the gate tomorrow? Is that realistic? Or do I need to go secondary market?
Kmcpack
Alex Gee said:

WilsonWolf said:

Big innings by Lucas to keep us in the game without having to burn our top guys while behind.
WilsonWolf
Liked what I saw out of Lucas too. I say start Consiglio if Whitaker isn't available and see what you can get out of him. Go to Marohn if he doesn't have it. And then full bullpen game from there if you have to. Just score some damn runs
Gopack80
So happy for Lucas. Dad passed away earlier this year from ALS, really young. Great moment for him tonight.
ClePack
THE BULLPEN deserves some praise. Earlier in the season they were a weak point. Today shut em down. Kudos
Kmcpack
ClePack said:

THE BULLPEN deserves some praise. Earlier in the season they were a weak point. Today shut em down. Kudos

Amen
Alex Gee
Staff
ClePack said:

I jumped on a podcast this week and shared that I believe we have 9 guys that can win you games. Need to get Whit back to balance it out.
Trickynic1
Alex any idea on Logan and Soles return??
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

I jumped on a podcast this week and shared that I believe we have 9 guys that can win you games. Need to get Whit back to balance it out.

Been saying that all year. The majority of times we've had issues, it's been outside those guys, which is understandable really. Highfill, Whit, Fritton, Van Dam, Dudan, Smith, Lucas, Mahron, Scott (even though he didn't have a great outing today) that's a good group. Throw in a couple more who can get some outs here and there. More timely hitting and we're scary.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
HappyHooker73
Congratulations Avent and Pack9! F:$k UNC
It’s a RED State!
Wolfmac
Great win again tonight for the Pack!

But I have to say, we are a TERRIBLE base running team. Multiple times I've witnessed this year not taking extra bases when the opportunity is there. It's maddening and it has/or will cost us a game or two. We make it harder on ourselves.
Alex Gee
Staff
Trickynic1 said:

Alex any idea on Logan and Soles return??

I have no clue. I don't think we can overstate how important getting them back is though. DH is a massive problem and Whit could stabilize Sundays. I imagine Whit is closer than Soles.

Could also see us waiting until FSU since next weekend is non conference
WilsonWolf
Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

Agree, my 9 are the three starters, Van Dam, Smith, Dudan, Lucas, Andrews, and Fanning. consiglio
WilsonWolf
WilsonWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

Agree, my 9 are the three starters, Van Dam, Smith, Dudan, Lucas, Andrews, and Fanning. consiglio

And Marohn so 10
FourOaksWolf
Good scholastic year handing the tarbabies their arse in multiple sports.
CALS Alumni
WilsonWolf
WilsonWolf said:

WilsonWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

And Marohn so 10

Or 11. Math is hard
Alex Gee
Staff
WilsonWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

What's funny is that if you combine your list, Wilm's, and mine we get closer to 12 lol

Highfill, Whit, Fritton, SVD, Smith, Dudan, Marohn, Consiglio, Lucas.
WilsonWolf
Alex Gee said:

WilsonWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

What's funny is that if you combine your list, Wilm's, and mine we get closer to 12 lol

Lol exactly. Feels like we're as deep as I can ever remember
DrummerboyWolf
Another good win coming from behind to leave the Heels scrambling again. Scoring the tying and winning runs on wild pitches just makes it sweeter.

We made 3 base running mistakes that I thought were going to cost us. I can live with Luke Nixon getting thrown out at second although he did have the play in front of him and may not have been hustling the whole way. The other two with Pennington getting thrown out by 30 feet at the plate(it's on Hart) and then Josh Hogue not going to 3rd in the 8th inning. Should have been a no brainer.

Good teams usually make you pay when you make stupid mistakes, but we did enough to win the game and the series. Since we got a chance to sweep, let's just go ahead and bring out the broom tomorrow.

GO PACK
DrummerboyWolf
kmb717 said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Those two plays by Luke..... wonderful for the freshman

Big pick by Pennington too on that 2nd out
Nice play by Pennington, but pretty routine for a good first basemen. And yes I did play the position coming up and I believe I still could make that scoop.
DrummerboyWolf
And one more thing, got to give credit to Lucas and Dudan for the job they did out of the pen. Both of them had some really good hitters and they were able to get out without any damage. Great job young men!
wilmwolf
I've been thinking of late, I think Luke Nixon is going to be a really great player for us.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
cmast
Go Pack9!
Bcwhitl2
Also how about our guy Butterworth getting the bat going this weekend!
StateFan2001
Alex Gee said:

WilsonWolf said:

Alex Gee said:

ClePack said:

Yes
tau06
Slobbering_Wolf said:

Really a shame outside of Van Dam, Smith and Dudan the bullpen is terrible, Avent gonna fall on the sword of keep Chrysler around?

Game threads and dumb posts like this are the gifts that keep on giving
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.