#Pack9 (18-8, 8-4) @ Louisville 4/5-7 (1-11 loss)(6-7 loss)(6-7 loss)

5,597 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT

NC State opens a season-long seven-game road stretch with an ACC series at Louisville. This weekend's series starts Friday at 6 p.m. and will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra
Wolfer79
The No. 19 NC State baseball team opens a seven-game road trip Friday night at Louisville. This weekend's series against the Cardinals will run Friday through Sunday with first pitch times set for 6 p.m., 1 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively.

All three games at Jim Patterson Stadium will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. A free audio stream will be available on the Varsity Network App for all three contests. Saturday's game will also be available on WKNC 88.1.

SCOUTING LOUISVILLE

Louisville (17-11, 3-6 ACC) has gone 1-2 in each of its first three ACC series, winning its ACC opener over Virginia Tech on March 15. After opening the season on a four-game losing streak, the Cardinals reeled off 10 straight wins. Louisville ranks second in the ACC in doubles (65) and doubles per game (2.32) while also topping the conference with 15 triples and 0.54 triples per game. Ten Louisville batters with 50 or more at-bats are batting over .300 entering this weekend's series. Sophomore Gavin Kilen leads Louisville with 13 doubles, three triples, 21 extra-base hits and 69 total bases. As a staff, Louisville has posted a 5.21 ERA with a 262-106 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/4/4/baseball-19-wolfpack-travels-to-louisville-for-acc-series-against-the-cardinals
Wolfer79
North Carolina State at Louisville ACC Network Extra, 6 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Alex Gee
Staff
This seems like the indicator of Fritton to the bullpen.
Lsnoel3
As well as Sam pitched last week I would thought he would lead off again. Any reason of concern?
Glasswolf
Lsnoel3 said:

As well as Sam pitched last week I would thought he would lead off again. Any reason of concern?
No
pack2010
not sure where or how Andrews stuff/appearances this year say "friday night guy" but here we are. rough start to the series
ClePack
Oooof. Hope sam is ok, because this was quite a decision to go to Andrews, I'll just say that.
Alex Gee
Staff
TV said Whitaker was set to start tonight and was under the weather so scratched. Maybe that's originally a move to get SH back to Saturdays or an extra rest day given his longer outings the last two weeks?

On a plane to PHX. Hopefully when I fire back up we will have another W!
SportManagementEngineer
Rough start on the mound. Lot of game left, though.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
WolfQuacker
SportManagementEngineer said:

Downright ugly from the mound so far.
SportManagementEngineer
WolfQuacker said:

And getting worse
Lsnoel3

WolfQuacker said:

And getting worse

SMH
ClePack
Never have ourselves a chance. Chrysler has the BEST gig.
ChemE94
ClePack said:

20 posts into a game thread for Chrysler negative comment is a new personal speed record, no?
SportManagementEngineer
We just turned a sick double play off a failed bunt.

One might ask why Louisville is bunting when we're walking/hitting every other batter...
wilmwolf
That was a helluva play by A Mac
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
ClePack
ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

20 posts into a game thread for Chrysler negative comment is a new personal speed record, no?

Personal? Yes! Unfortunately game is already over because of his.... "Coaching"?
ChemE94
ClePack said:

ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

Personal? Yes! Unfortunately game is already over because of his.... "Coaching"?

Last I checked, games were 9 innings, but guess you can stop posting for the night since you've thrown in the towel already…

Why not just start a Chrysler thread and air grievances there instead of hijacking every single game thread.
wilmwolf
ClePack said:

ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

What would you say he should've done differently when the intended starting pitcher is a late scratch?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
ChemE94
ClePack
ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

Last I checked, games were 9 innings, but guess you can stop posting for the night since you've thrown in the towel already…

Why not just start a Chrysler thread and air grievances there instead of hijacking every single game thread.

Ahh, see, I don't hijack every game thread with chrysler complaints. Only when it's warranted (like giving up 6 runs in 2 innings). There's a lot of people on here who don't like him, though. You probably got me mixed up with someone else
ClePack
wilmwolf said:

ClePack said:

ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

What would you say he should've done differently when the intended starting pitcher is a late scratch?

I would just love to have more than 2 suitable starters at any given time (and yes, as much as I love dom, he hasn't been good this year. He's had many games where he did not give us an opportunity to win.)

I'd have started dom tonight if the motive is to move him to the pen. This is a winnable series, so dom to the pen can wait until next weekend against a strong team. instead, this game was kinda sacrificed. We'll be playing 2 essential must win games the next 2.
WolfQuacker
ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

ChemE94 said:

ClePack said:

Last I checked, games were 9 innings,

Not tonight. . Sorry low hanging fruit got the best of me and I couldn't resist
Realsouthwolf
How about a score for us guys who can't watch?
kbdavis33
Good lord.

This bullpen just gets shelled every week. Disaster pitching from everyone not named Sam Highfill
Pack31
Realsouthwolf said:

How about a score for us guys who can't watch?

10 run ruled in 7
wilmwolf
kbdavis33 said:

Good lord.

This bullpen just gets shelled every week. Disaster pitching from everyone not named Sam Highfill

Not really. Nobody that pitched today is one of our typical weekend bullpen arms. I also thought Smith looked really good in his time out there. He has good stuff.
Wolfer79
The No. 19 NC State baseball team dropped Friday night's game 11-1 at Louisville.

The Cardinals (18-11, 4-6 ACC) never trailed in Friday's series opener at Jim Patterson Stadium, building an early 6-0 lead before ending the game in the seventh with a run-rule victory. Louisville scored five runs in the seventh to capture the series opener.

Louisville struck first with three runs in the first. Eddie King Jr. broke the scoreless deadlock with a two-RBI single to make it 2-0 Cardinals. Isaac Humphrey then stretched Louisville's lead to 3-0 after beating out a potential inning-ending double play.

The Cardinals doubled their lead with a three-spot in the second to take a 6-0 advantage. Logan Beard's solo home run to open the second made it 4-0 before Zion Rose's two-RBI triple extended Louisville's lead to 6-0.

Garrett Pennington got NC State (18-9, 8-5 ACC) on the board with a solo homer to right-center in the fourth. Pennington's solo shot marked his seventh home run of the season and his sixth in ACC play.

The Wolfpack pitching staff kept NC State within striking distance after allowing back-to-back three-run frames to open the game, posting four straight zeroes on the scoreboard to keep the score at 6-1 heading to the seventh. Hollis Fanning and Win Scott each registered scoreless outings during the four-inning scoreless stretch.

Heath Andrews (0-1) made his first-career start in Friday night's setback, suffering the first loss of his collegiate career. Louisville starting pitcher Sebastian Gongora (4-1) earned the win after tossing seven innings, allowing just one run and three hits with 11 strikeouts.

UP NEXT
NC State looks to even the series Saturday afternoon at Jim Patterson Stadium. Saturday's game is set for 1 p.m. and will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/4/5/baseball-19-wolfpack-drops-series-opener-at-louisville
Wolfer79
North Carolina State at Louisville ACC Network Extra, 1 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
Throw a strike, Dom.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.