#Pack9 @ Georgia Tech 3/15-17 (5-8 loss) (7-8 loss) (5-15 Loss)

9,027 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by StateFan2001
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT

NC State opens its road ACC slate with a weekend series at Georgia Tech. The Wolfpack's three-game set in Atlanta will start on Friday at 6 p.m. at Russ Chandler Stadium. All three games will be broadcasted on ACC Network Extra.
ClePack
Big series
Alex Gee
Staff
Win 2 and try to steal a 3rd.

They've played one solid ball club in UGA and lost. Having an ACC series under our belt and having traveled against good competition should play in our favor.
Wolfer79
UPDATE: Friday night's series opener at Georgia Tech has been moved up to a 4 p.m. start time due to inclement weather.

Wolfer79
The No. 13 NC State baseball team opens its road ACC slate this weekend at Georgia Tech. This weekend's series at Russ Chandler Stadium in Atlanta will run Friday through Sunday with first pitch times set for 4 p.m., 4 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively. Friday's first pitch was moved up two hours due to inclement weather on Friday night in Atlanta.

All three games will still be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. A free audio stream will be available on the Varsity Network App for all three contests. The games will also be available on the radio on WKNC 88.1.

PROJECTED STARTING PITCHING MATCHUPS
Friday RHP Sam Highfill (NCSU) vs. TBD (Georgia Tech)
Saturday RHP Logan Whitaker (NCSU) vs. RHP Aeden Finateri (Georgia Tech)
Sunday LHP Dominic Fritton (NCSU) vs. RHP Logan McGuire (Georgia Tech)

THE MATCHUP: SERIES AGAINST GEORGIA TECH
NC State is 62-78 all-time in the series against Georgia Tech. More notes from the series against the Yellow Jackets are listed below:

NC State and Georgia Tech first met on April 5, 1979, for a doubleheader in Atlanta. The Yellow Jackets won both games (7-5, 8-7) against head coach Sam Esposito's team.
NC State has won four straight against Georgia Tech, sweeping the Yellow Jackets in March 2022. The Pack won all three games at Doak Field at Dail Park, taking game one 8-6, game two 6-5 and game three 6-1. NC State also defeated Georgia Tech 8-1 in the 2021 ACC Tournament semifinals.
NC State makes its first trip to Georgia Tech since April 15-17, 2016. The Wolfpack won two games out of three eight years ago, winning 8-3 on Friday and 15-6 on Saturday before dropping the series finale 16-7.

SCOUTING GEORGIA TECH
Georgia Tech's offense ranks inside the top 20 in a plethora of offensive categories, including on-base percentage (.466, 8th), slugging percentage (.586, 14th), batting average (.327, 19th), home runs per game (1.94, T-16th) and doubles per game (2.56, 18th). The Yellow Jackets have won five straight after a four-game sweep over Youngstown State and a 9-5 midweek victory over Mercer. The Yellow Jackets opened the season on a six-game winning streak before dropping four of their next five, losing a pair to in-state rival Georgia, one to Northeastern and one to Cornell. Former NC State infielder Payton Green leads Georgia Tech with 22 runs scored, while freshman Drew Burress paces the Yellow Jackets with 10 homers, 27 RBI and 63 total bases.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/3/14/baseball-13-wolfpack-opens-road-acc-play-friday-at-georgia-tech
Wolfer79
North Carolina State at Georgia Tech ACC Network Extra, 4 p.m.
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Please be smart this weekend Avent and Chrysler
Alex Gee
Staff
I'm ready to see P. Green roll over an outside slider for a double play and it not make me mad.
Wolfer79
Alex Gee
Staff
Need to give the guy in the booth a shot of adrenaline.
Wolfer79
Pennington goes to deep left-center in top of 3rd with 1 on.

2-0 Wolfpack
Middle of 3
Alex Gee
Staff
Sam looks really good again. Fluke single and good small ball by Tech got them that run. I did think A Mak maybe had a play at home to get the runner
ClePack
Blow the game open right here
Wolfer79
ClePack
ClePack said:

Blow the game open right here

Damnit
PossumJenkins
Alex Gee said:

Need to give the guy in the booth a shot of adrenaline.

Least it's not Budrovich
PossumJenkins
Man we have stung some balls today. Just right at people. Including the ump
ClePack
Welp. Tie game
ClePack
Welp
ChemE94
Bad 0-2 miss there hanging a sidearm slider.
kmb717
Not good.
pack2010
PossumJenkins said:

Man we have stung some balls today. Just right at people. Including the ump

facts, very unfortunate game so far because we have really hit the ball much better than them. couple nice plays by their RF and overall solid D by GT.
SportManagementEngineer
Great pinch hitting by Nixon
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Alex Gee
Staff
We are in a really good spot here. McKee is by far their best guy out of the pen. Big drop off after him. Have to feel good about having him at 50 already.
sharpman1017
I'm dumb. I didn't even think about there being game threads for baseball lol
SportManagementEngineer
More of a series thread, but yep. I also forgot this game was at 4 and not 7, so i've only caught the last inning or so.
ClePack
Payton green revenge game. Damn.
SportManagementEngineer
ugh
Slobbering_Wolf
Are we still thinking pitching isn't an issue?
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
SportManagementEngineer
Brutal inning after cutting it to 1.
Tomas93
I don't know baseball as well as basketball and football so this is a honest question and not meant to be snarky. Given that we have a good number of arms in our bullpen, when you bring in a reliever and the first few batters don't go well why not cut your losses and yank him and try the next guy before you get so far behind you can't come back? Are we trying to save the other arms for games 2 and 3 since I know our pen isn't unlimited, or is more that they feel a couple of swings aren't a big enough sample to say that he doesn't have it today?
Alex Gee
Staff
Tomas93 said:

I don't know baseball as well as basketball and football so this is a honest question and not meant to be snarky. Given that we have a good number of arms in our bullpen, when you bring in a reliever and the first few batters don't go well why not cut your losses and yank him and try the next guy before you get so far behind you can't come back? Are we trying to save the other arms for games 2 and 3 since I know our pen isn't unlimited, or is more that they feel a couple of swings aren't a big enough sample to say that he doesn't have it today?

Going to Fanning and leaving him in there felt/feels like a "don't lose with our best guys" moment. I think if we were up it would've been Lucas to Dudan. Instead I think we get to see Fanning wear himself out.
Tomas93
Thanks for that take. That makes sense to me given the strategic calculations involved in playing a 3 game series.
Borowolf10
ClePack said:

Payton green revenge game. Damn.

I'll still take Butterworth.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.