#Pack9 vs Towson 3/1-3 (6-5 W, 15-4W(7), 10-0W(7)) 14-4W (7))

13,191 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UP NEXT
NC State opens a four-game series against Towson on Friday afternoon at Doak Field at Dail Park. Friday's series opener is set for 3 p.m. All four games will stream live on ACC Network Extra.

The Pack and Tigers will play a doubleheader on Saturday. Game one of the doubleheader is set for noon, while game two is slated to begin at 4:30 p.m.
Slobbering_Wolf
Hope the weather holds out for Saturday so I can watch the baseball game instead of the basketball game
Don't give up, don't ever give up-Jimmy V
Twitter: @jrouse84
Wolfer79
Due to inclement weather, NC State has moved Friday's series opener against Towson up three hours to a noon start time. Gates will now open at 11 a.m. at Doak Field at Dail Park.

At this time, there have not been any adjustments to the Pack's game times on Saturday and Sunday. The Pack and Tigers will still play a doubleheader on Saturday. Game one of the doubleheader is set for noon, while game two is slated to begin at 4:30 p.m.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/2/29/baseball-schedule-update-14-wolfpack-moves-friday-series-opener-against-towson-to-noon-first-pitch

pack2010
Same rotation with a TBD for Saturday game 2
Alex Gee
Staff
Would think maybe Whitaker?
pack2010
Alex Gee said:

Would think maybe Whitaker?

That was my first thought too. Either way, hopefully it's a weekend where we can get some younger guys more reps.
Wolfer79
The No. 14 NC State baseball team opens a four-game series against Towson on Friday at Doak Field at Dail Park. This weekend's series will run Friday through Sunday with first pitch times scheduled for noon and 1 p.m. on Friday and Sunday, respectively. Friday's first pitch was moved up three hours from 3 p.m. to noon due to inclement weather.

The Pack and Tigers will play a doubleheader on Saturday. Game one of the doubleheader is set for noon, while game two is slated to begin at 4:30 p.m.

All four games will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra. A free audio stream will be available on the Varsity Network App for all four games. The games will also be available on the radio on WKNC 88.1.

PROJECTED STARTING PITCHING MATCHUPS
Friday RHP Sam Highfill (NCSU) vs. RHP Max Simpson (Towson)
Saturday (Game 1) LHP Dominic Fritton (NCSU) vs. LHP Tyler Russo (Towson)
Saturday (Game 2) TBD (NCSU) vs. RHP Nate Nabholz (Towson)
Sunday Ryan Marohn (NCSU) vs. TBD (Towson)

SCOUTING TOWSON
Towson (1-6) has dropped five straight after posting a 14-3 victory over Bucknell on Feb. 17. The Tigers dropped all three games of their series at Florida Atlantic this past weekend in Boca Raton, Florida. Elijah Dickerson leads the Tigers with a .367 batting average, 11 hits and four doubles. The Tigers' pitching staff has posted an 8.79 staff ERA over its first seven games with a 2.13 WHIP, ranking 246th and 256th in the nation, respectively.

https://gopack.com/news/2024/2/29/baseball-14-wolfpack-opens-four-game-series-against-towson-on-friday
wilmwolf
Any insight as to why we're doing a four game series? I know it's a more common practice in lower level conferences, but I don't recall us ever doing it in recent memory.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Alex Gee
Staff
wilmwolf said:

Any insight as to why we're doing a four game series? I know it's a more common practice in lower level conferences, but I don't recall us ever doing it in recent memory.
I would think it's to make up for a lack of a midweek last week?
Wolfer79
Towson at North Carolina State ACC Network Extra, noon
pantherpack
Gonna be hard to get this one in today. Rain already in the Charlotte area.
Wolfer79
Glasswolf

Cozart gets the day off
DJncsu13
Glasswolf said:

Cozart gets the day off
I figured he'd catch 2 of the 4. I thought he'd go today, and one tomorrow. My guess was wrong though!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
pack2010
No Hogue caught my eye too.
Alex Gee
Staff
Sam is going to be good today. Ball is down.
Borowolf10
Lol why would we send Pennington there?
Alex Gee
Staff
I can't wait for Andrew to get back in the booth for these games after basketball. Evan & Sean spend way too much time talking about anything but NC State. Just did almost a minute on UNC.
Alex Gee
Staff
Borowolf10 said:

Took a perfect throw and great tag to get a pretty good runner out. State's going to be aggressive on the base paths. Always are.
Wolfer79
Alex Gee said:

Borowolf10 said:

Took a perfect throw and great tag to get a pretty good runner out. State's going to be aggressive on the base paths. Always are.

Wolfer79
End 3 (edit)
Towson 0
NC State 4
Jtilley
I don't understand why we don't shift any, especially vs lefties.
Jtilley
Alex Gee said:

I can't wait for Andrew to get back in the booth for these games after basketball. Evan & Sean spend way too much time talking about anything but NC State. Just did almost a minute on UNC.
Dude just about had an aneurysm when Soles dove into the RF wall.
Wolfer79
Alex Gee said:

Andrew is on radio broadcast today
Alex Gee
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

Alex Gee said:

Andrew is on radio broadcast today
Yeah I know. If they stick to what's been done the past few years then Tony will do radio for baseball after men's hoops and Andrew will do our ACCNX stuff. That's what I'm waiting for
Wolfer79
End 4
Towson 2
NC State 4
Slobbering_Wolf
Was hoping Highfill would have looked a little sharper vs this Towson team
Jtilley
Pennington destroyed that ball. Might be one the hardest balls I've seen hit that wasn't a HR.
Alex Gee
Staff
Slobbering_Wolf said:

? He's been pretty darn good.
Slobbering_Wolf
Alex Gee said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Not saying he has been bad, vs this Towson team that has only scored only 1 run per the last 4 games, was hoping he would look more dominant.....but still saying he hasn't looked bad.....also hurts our bats have gone silent
Alex Gee
Staff
Slobbering_Wolf said:

Alex Gee said:

Slobbering_Wolf said:

Not saying he has been bad, vs this Towson team that has only scored only 1 run per the last 4 games, was hoping he would look more dominant.....but still saying he hasn't looked bad.....also hurts our bats have gone silent
Lanphere screwed him in the 4th with a bad throwdown and a passed ball. Otherwise there's a good chance Towson has a zero on the board.
Wolfer79
End 5
Towson 2
NC State 4

Highfill out after 84 pitches/57 strikes, 2 runs, 1 earned, 3 hits, 1 walk
Lucas to mound
Slobbering_Wolf
Also now surprised we didn't let him go the 6th
Slobbering_Wolf
Hold up, does Avent have a walking boot on?
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

Was talking to my fiance about this the other day. He just talks so damn much about absolutely nothing. Earlier there was something going on where Elliot was yelling at someone, and instead of just letting us hear what he was saying, Evan just keeps jabbering over it. It's ok to just leave some space for the sounds of the game. It's not radio, we can all see what's going on.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.