Pack Homer Podcast - Pack 9 Baseball

4,648 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by stategrad06
stategrad06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello all. Just wanted to let Pack 9 fans know, myself and two good buddies have started the Pack Homer Podcast - completely devoted to covering the Pack 9.

Right now we are on Spotify - will hopefully have it on some other platforms as well here pretty soon. Just had Andrew Ciencin on and looking to have some other entertaining guests throughout the season. We are amateur podcasters who love Pack Baseball.

You can find it at Pack Homer Podcast on Spotify and us on Twitter/X at @packhomerpod

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cal970/episodes/Pack-Homer-Pod-Ep--2---with-guest-Andrew-Ciencin-e2fq1ng
RaleighRed13
Do you expect to get on apple podcast in the future? Good luck!!
mpmurph2
stategrad06 said:

Hello all. Just wanted to let Pack 9 fans know, myself and two good buddies have started the Pack Homer Podcast - completely devoted to covering the Pack 9.

Right now we are on Spotify - will hopefully have it on some other platforms as well here pretty soon. Just had Andrew Ciencin on and looking to have some other entertaining guests throughout the season. We are amateur podcasters who love Pack Baseball.

You can find it at Pack Homer Podcast on Spotify and us on Twitter/X at @packhomerpod

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/cal970/episodes/Pack-Homer-Pod-Ep--2---with-guest-Andrew-Ciencin-e2fq1ng
I noticed Corndog was filling in for Ciencin on their podcast. Quite a coup!
stategrad06
Yessir - I'm being completely honest when I tell you we don't know what we are doing. We said let's do a podcast - and talk baseball - and we are learning as we go. Been surprised at the folks that have reached out to help us and volunteer their talent.

But yessir - we will make it over to Apple very soon.
pantherpack
stategrad06 said:

Yessir - I'm being completely honest when I tell you we don't know what we are doing. We said let's do a podcast - and talk baseball - and we are learning as we go. Been surprised at the folks that have reached out to help us and volunteer their talent.

But yessir - we will make it over to Apple very soon.
Just finished listening to it. Well done and thanks to talking Pack baseball. Keep up the good work!
JCooke93
Cool
stategrad06
Just wanted to let you all know that we are now on Spotify, Apple, and YouTube.

You can also follow us on X/Twitter at @PackHomerPod

Pack Homer Pod Ep. 2 - with guest Andrew Ciencin (youtube.com)
stategrad06
stategrad06
Wolfer79
thank you

mdreid
i know baseball recruiting is a little more convoluted than football or basketball but are there any recruits to follow? I'm a BB/SB umpire in the Piedmont triad area so if there is a guys to keep a look out for its nice to know
Hunt Golf
Burlington, NC
Alex Gee
Staff
mdreid said:

i know baseball recruiting is a little more convoluted than football or basketball but are there any recruits to follow? I'm a BB/SB umpire in the Piedmont triad area so if there is a guys to keep a look out for its nice to know
North Carolina State - Perfect Game Baseball Player College Commitments

Not a ton. Baseball recruiting is hard to follow for me.
Glasswolf
Alex Gee said:

mdreid said:

BB recruiting is hard to follow because we offer some of this kids really early. Some commit as soon as they can. Then they explode and start getting looks from MLB. Throw in the portal now and it gets interesting.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

mdreid
Alex Gee said:

mdreid said:

that website helps plenty, looks like there is one kid in the area at Morehead that is committed to the Pack.

I know there is a Club team here in Burlington that is pretty decent, Dirtbag Baseball, ill check their site out and see who they have listed.
Hunt Golf
Burlington, NC
GOPACK_LATER
Glasswolf said:

Alex Gee said:

mdreid said:

BB recruiting is hard to follow because we offer some of this kids really early. Some commit as soon as they can. Then they explode and start getting looks from MLB. Throw in the portal now and it gets interesting.

High school recruiting is in a state of transition as the rules just changed last year so that there can't be any contact or offers until heading in to Junior year. You have a bunch of kids who got early offers (like 8th grade early), many of who committed before the rules changed.
stategrad06
Recruiting timelines are definitely changing. I coached in the North Carolina State Games a few summers about a decade ago, and sometimes 1/3 of the roster would be committed by the time we went to play (these kids are all rising JR's and SR's),

I appreciate the support we've gotten so far. Again, we don't really know what we are doing, but it has been a fun break from the day to day - and we really enjoy talking about the Pack 9 and college baseball in general. Also good to be able to try and give back to the program we enjoy so much.

Episode 3 is now out - The Youtube link is below. We are of course on Apple and Spotify now as well.

Pack Homer Pod Ep. 3 - (youtube.com)
StateFan2001
GOPACK_LATER said:

Glasswolf said:

Alex Gee said:

mdreid said:

High school recruiting is in a state of transition as the rules just changed last year so that there can't be any contact or offers until heading in to Junior year. You have a bunch of kids who got early offers (like 8th grade early), many of who committed before the rules changed.

Yep some 2026 guys that committed before the rule change:
Jacob Smith - P Winston area
Gunnar Alm - OF mountains area
Mylo White OF charlotte area
Kellen Smith - IF
stategrad06
Pack Homer Pod Ep. 4 - Throw Strikes and Keep Hittin' is now available on YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Podcast

Apologies in advance for getting a little long-winded…

stategrad06
The link to episode 5 is below.

We had IPS's own Alex Gee join us this week. We had to record early this week as we are all 3 all over the place with this week's work schedule. Nice to have Alex on, and hope you all enjoy!

Pack Homer Pod Ep. 5 - Pack9 Sharpens Up For ACC Play - Special Guest Alex Gee Joins the Pod (youtube.com)
I40Wolf
stategrad06 said:

The link to episode 5 is below.

We had IPS's own Alex Gee join us this week. We had to record early this week as we are all 3 all over the place with this week's work schedule. Nice to have Alex on, and hope you all enjoy!

Pack Homer Pod Ep. 5 - Pack9 Sharpens Up For ACC Play - Special Guest Alex Gee Joins the Pod (youtube.com)
enjoy the podcast
stategrad06
Episode 6 is now available. Garner HS Coach Derik Goffena joined us. He coached Jaxon Lucas and also is a GT alum. Hope you enjoy it. Sounds not as good as I'd like. I think some of the tweaks we did to try and improve it this week made it worse - but we will keep working at it.

stategrad06

stategrad06
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSatjZ5bFpw][/url]
stategrad06

Alex Gee joined us last night for this 1 day late edition of the Pack Homer Pod.

stategrad06

We will this Backseat Driver Edition an "airing of grievances" or something of the sort
stategrad06
Check it out....
stategrad06

We didn't give up yet...but got it late to YouTube this week. Travel schedule has been brutal. Hope you've already caught it on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
stategrad06
After a rough go on Ep. 13 on the tech side - Epp. 14 has now made its way to Youtube.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.