Brooks Robinson has passed away at 86

539 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by DrummerboyWolf
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For a lot of us older folks, Brooks Robinson was the best 3rd baseman we ever saw. He passed away today at 86. Really such a shame as the Orioles are on the verge of winning their division for the first time in a long time. The way he played in the 1970 World Series against the Reds was just unbelievable. This link from MLB has about a 5 minute video and shows some of his plays.

https://www.mlb.com/news/brooks-robinson-dies-at-86

On the MLB front page they have about a 5 minute video about him. That is the one I was talking about. On the page I linked there are several videos. At the bottom of the page I linked, Jim Palmer gave a very moving tribute. Actually broke down for a second, but then held it together.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
wilmwolf
Met him when I was a kid at a autograph signing event at a gas station in Wilmington. Still have the ball and card he signed. Very nice guy, and great player.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Met him when I was a kid at a autograph signing event at a gas station in Wilmington. Still have the ball and card he signed. Very nice guy, and great player.
As great of a player he was, everybody always said he was a nicer guy and just a good human being. Your card and ball are worth something. As I said he was the best 3rd baseman I have ever seen.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.