2023 Pack9 Season

5,003 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Borowolf10
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Pack9
TraCha4
Can't wait!
pack2010
as many variables as i can remember.

i truly think, top to bottom, this lineup is better than last year. we also have more options in the pen, but are they any good? time will tell
rbaker
JC who's looking good at practice?
JCooke93
I agree
JCooke93
Groover
rbaker
JC project the starting line up, DH, and weekend starters
metcalfmafia
The month has arrived!
JCooke93
Ok
pack2010
rbaker said:

JC project the starting line up, DH, and weekend starters

A couple projections from various posters in the off-season thread
metcalfmafia
Just looked at yours from that thread. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the rest of the lineup with Groover at 3rd and Payton Green at SS.
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

Just looked at yours from that thread. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the rest of the lineup with Groover at 3rd and Payton Green at SS.

Couple options, IMO

Cozart is catching and Pilolli is the DH in both situations.

Besides that-
1st- Eli S
2nd- trice
OF- soles/Nolan Parker/Candaleria

Option 2-
1st- Soles
2nd- Harrison
OF- Trice/Parker/candaleria

Trice has some 2nd base experience but not sure avent wants to take a chance on defense with as bad as last year was
metcalfmafia
Soles has experience at 1st?
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

That's the word. He's gotten some reps there, but is he much better than Eli or Marcy there? Not sure
JCooke93
Yes he got some reps there but right now it's between Marcy and Serrano for 1B job
JCooke93
2B is a battle with Falsken1 Harrison7 Barkett10 Heavner32
metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

metcalfmafia said:

That's the word. He's gotten some reps there, but is he much better than Eli or Marcy there? Not sure
Man just couldn't imagine him not starting in the OF. I know the new guys are supposed to be good, but Noah really came on last year.
JCooke93
Soles2 will start
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

pack2010 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Man just couldn't imagine him not starting in the OF. I know the new guys are supposed to be good, but Noah really came on last year.

Agreed. It's definitely a logjam. Going to be interesting to see who gets left out, but I don't think it'll be soles.
JCooke93
Here is your answer in my opinion
LF Soles2
CF Nolan27
RF Candelaria20
DH Trice15/Dom13
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Here is your answer in my opinion
LF Soles2
CF Nolan27
RF Candelaria20
DH Trice15/Dom13

that makes sense for sure, just find it hard to believe one of Trice/Dom might not be in the lineup everyday
Alex Gee
Staff
Fired up for this season. I think the sum of the parts will be much better than last season.

The lineup flexibility is great, but I feel like the rotation depth has a chance to be special. Not sure what night each will throw, but Highfill, Willadsen, and Whitaker have all shown that they can be high level Friday guys..and one will throw on sundays. Plus the experience of Garrett Payne who I would think gets the ball on weeknights. Strong

If Lawson can build on what he did last year and step into the closer role, and we get some good innings from Baker, Carson Kelly, and Rio Britton.. you gotta feel pretty good about that staff. And I'm sure there will be a new/unexpected face that gets innings as well.
JCooke93
Need to have Trice15 trying infielder but that's not happening right now
JCooke93
G.Payne11 is not going to be available this season unfortunately
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Need to have Trice15 trying infielder but that's not happening right now

yeah i just don't see us sitting a kid who has top 3 round potential, but that's maybe that is just me
Alex Gee
Staff
JCooke93 said:

G.Payne11 is not going to be available this season unfortunately
What did I miss, J Cooke?
JCooke93
TJ surgery
JCooke93
Trice15 will be playing just not sure where at
pack2010
Any of the younger arms looking decent?
wilmwolf
I'm very confident that we can put together a good lineup, we always do, and we seem to have a lot of versatility this year. Defense I think will be ok, hopefully at least a little better than last year, but it will be interesting to see with guys moving around. As long as everyone is healthy, I feel pretty good about starting pitching. The biggest question, as it is pretty much every year, is relief pitching. IMO that's the most important part of college baseball, maybe baseball in general. When we've had a great pen, we've been great, and when we haven't, it's been hit or miss, no pun intended. I'm looking forward to the season.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
Same here
pack2010
wilmwolf80 said:

I'm very confident that we can put together a good lineup, we always do, and we seem to have a lot of versatility this year. Defense I think will be ok, hopefully at least a little better than last year, but it will be interesting to see with guys moving around. As long as everyone is healthy, I feel pretty good about starting pitching. The biggest question, as it is pretty much every year, is relief pitching. IMO that's the most important part of college baseball, maybe baseball in general. When we've had a great pen, we've been great, and when we haven't, it's been hit or miss, no pun intended. I'm looking forward to the season.

this is pretty spot on. with Garrett Payne out, it puts more pressure on Carson Kelly and Baker Nelson, IMO. Those are two guys that can come in and eat innings up. Hopefully they can be a little more consistent (talking about Baker, Carson was very good as a freshman). If we get 3-4 arms to step up, it could be a very solid season.
JCooke93
Yup
Wolfer79
ShaggyWolf
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoN3OtRv_tz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like Gino at third this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.