Wolfpack baseball in Munich Germany

1,933 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pakbackr
78wilsonpack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The wife and I have been in Germany for about 2 weeks. Today we were taking a tour of Dachau, a WW2 concentration camp outside of Munich. I had my red Wolfpack baseball cap on when a couple (out of 14 people on our tour). Stopped me and asked me were we Wolfpack fans and/or from NC. Seems this 30 (age) something couple was from Omaha and goes to every World Series since moving to Omaha from Louisiana. They begin to tell me how they had adopted the Pack last year and they fully believed the team would take the tournament. They were there for the Friday game with what was it, 10 or 11 players. They were as mad and upset as we were that we had the rug pulled out from under us.
They also knew about us not making the tournament this year and felt like we had been shafted again.
Just wanted to share the story.
You never know who you may bump into.
BollNCSU
I'm in Georgia and I run into SEC fans of different teams down here who say we got screwed and they are pissed about it.
pack2010
BollNCSU said:

I'm in Georgia and I run into SEC fans of different teams down here who say we got screwed and they are pissed about it.

To echo that, I was at a wedding this weekend and I had a few LSU grads tell me the same thing. They really were Americas team
BollNCSU
pack2010 said:

BollNCSU said:

To echo that, I was at a wedding this weekend and I had a few LSU grads tell me the same thing. They really were Americas team

Yes, an LSU grad I know here in Georgia is one of the ones who said that to me. LSU is passionate about baseball for sure.
Lagniappe
78wilsonpack said:

The wife and I have been in Germany for about 2 weeks. Today we were taking a tour of Dachau, a WW2 concentration camp outside of Munich. I had my red Wolfpack baseball cap on when a couple (out of 14 people on our tour). Stopped me and asked me were we Wolfpack fans and/or from NC. Seems this 30 (age) something couple was from Omaha and goes to every World Series since moving to Omaha from Louisiana. They begin to tell me how they had adopted the Pack last year and they fully believed the team would take the tournament. They were there for the Friday game with what was it, 10 or 11 players. They were as mad and upset as we were that we had the rug pulled out from under us.
They also knew about us not making the tournament this year and felt like we had been shafted again.
I was at Dachau a couple of weeks ago wearing my NC State shirt. Sadly, no one noticed.
Pakbackr
Not to beat a dead horse, but if the NCAA had an ounce of decency, all things equal with other programs on the bubble, they would have put us in this year's tournament out of respect for what happened to us last year. However, it was almost like they wanted to punish us for being upset last year.
Steve Videtich
I try and wear my State stuff everywhere. Never know who you might run into.
78wilsonpack
Lagniappe said:

78wilsonpack said:

I was at Dachau a couple of weeks ago wearing my NC State shirt. Sadly, no one noticed.

We're at Hofbrauhaus today having some cold ones.
Wish u were still here and we'd connect.

78wilsonpack
Steve Videtich said:

Yep, no doubt
78wilsonpack
Lagniappe said:

78wilsonpack said:

We're at Hofbrauhaus as I write this having some cold ones.
Wish you were still here and we'd connect.
As u can tell as I post this twice.
LOL
Lagniappe
78wilsonpack said:

Lagniappe said:

78wilsonpack said:

We're at Hofbrauhaus today having some cold ones.
Wish u were still here and we'd connect.

I went there too. Good beer!
cmball3
Steve Videtich said:

Same. Had some Pack fans yell out to me in Venice a few years ago. Made my unc wife (not a big sports fan) shocked. It's been a thing every vacation we take that we'll run into at least 1 Pack fan no matter where we are. Had a St. Lucian local try to sell us some "cigars" on the beach and I almost did it because of his NC State hat ha.
Pakbackr
I have run into State fans (because either they or usually me are wearing Wolfpack attire) all over Europe!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.