2022 Summer Season

5,100 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.Dienes42 For The Wilson Tobs
J.Halford40 And W.Scott49 For The Thomasville-HiPoint
pack2010
bump.

peyton green and groover playing on the cape for the Harwich Mariners. im sure we have a few more guys scattered too
CLTWolf
Carter Trice is playing for my guy Coach Mike Roberts with Cotuit in the Cape.

Chris Villaman is on a temporary deal with the Chatham A's in the Cape.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
JCooke93
Nice
Ripper
pack2010 said:

bump.

peyton green and groover playing on the cape for the Harwich Mariners. im sure we have a few more guys scattered too
Awesome. That was my team growing up when summering on the Cape.
JCooke93
Go M's
pack2010
carter lindsay playing in the coastal plains league. he has 3 hits through 5 games and a couple stolen bases.

carson kelly is playing in the valley baseball league. hasn't pitched yet but is on the roster

will marcy and chase nixon are also in the VBL on the same team (Winchester). they have both only played in 1 game, marcy hit a triple, nixon a HR.

curious as to where some of the other younger guys are playing this summer (payne, cozart, sipple, etc)
JCooke93
Cozart in the Cap Cod League
cowboypack02
I miss Edenton having a team in the Coastal Plains League. They still have a team, and its still baseball, but it doesn't have the same star power with the guys from State coming in
CLTWolf
pack2010
looks like Villaman went 2.1 scoreless last night. 2Ks no walks and a hit.
Wolfer79
pack2010
couple updates ive seen-

jacob dienes is pitches decently well. 7.1 innings 10 ks and only 1 ER for a 1.22 ERA. given up 6 hits but 8 walks. shows me he has some nice stuff, but has to harness it.

jacob halford has a 7.94 ERA in 5.2 innings. 5 strikeouts 6 walks, 7 hits.

win scott is struggling with a 15.42 ERA in 4.2 innings. 7Ks to 4 walks, 9 hits given up.

Will marcy is hitting .391 in 23 ABs 3 extra base hits and only 3 Ks

chase nixon is hitting .316 in 19 ABs. 5 walks for a .500 OBP
pack2010
also, marcy has started games at 2nd, SS and CF. sooo not focusing on a position right now, but getting some reps
pack2010
i know he is in the portal, but Trey Cooper has throw 10 scoreless innings with 17Ks in the App baseball league. With those numbers, he seems to have atleast decent stuff. I remember being very impressed when he struck out the side vs Duke in the fall scrimmage
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

i know he is in the portal, but Trey Cooper has throw 10 scoreless innings with 17Ks in the App baseball league. With those numbers, he seems to have atleast decent stuff. I remember being very impressed when he struck out the side vs Duke in the fall scrimmage
8 walks in 10 innings as well. I think control has been his issue. He faced 6 batters this season, hit 2 of them and walked another.
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

8 walks in 10 innings as well. I think control has been his issue. He faced 6 batters this season, hit 2 of them and walked another.

yup. but with our lack of proven LHP going into next year, he could have possibly carved out a role.
JCooke93
Portal
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

yup. but with our lack of proven LHP going into next year, he could have possibly carved out a role.
Gotta throw strikes and not walk people to carve out that role. But I hear you and don't necessarily disagree .
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Gotta throw strikes and not walk people to carve out that role. But I hear you and don't necessarily disagree .

i guess after the magic Chrysler worked with Lawson, let me take a chance on a kid that clearly shows good stuff (once in a while). just needs to refine some things.
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

i guess after the magic Chrysler worked with Lawson, let me take a chance on a kid that clearly shows good stuff (once in a while). just needs to refine some things.
Like I said, I don't necessarily disagree with you but Clint has seen the kid for two years now (though his FR year he had an injury of some sort). I think if the staff wanted to keep him around, we'd keep him around.

JCooke93
J.Dienes42 vs The Holly Springs Salamanders Tonight in Holly Springs NC at 7pmET
JCooke93
J.Dienes42 With 1 Walk 1 Hit and 5K's on The Mound For The Wilson Tobs Tonight in Holly Springs NC
JCooke93
W.Scott49 is looking good
pack2010
while I hope he is taking a nice step this summer, because we will need him, his numbers in the CPL were not very good.
JCooke93
Yes we do need arms
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

Yes we do need arms
also, you were right. win's last 2 starts have been encouraging, for sure. the rest of the summer wasn't great, but certainly something to grow on
JCooke93
Yes sir
JCooke93
D.Pilolli13 currently playing for the Holly Springs Salamanders
pack2010
just a few updates with summer leagues wrapping up- the 3 below all played/are playing on the cape

PJ Labriola- so far he has thrown 4.2 innings on the cape and given up 1 ER. Obviously a very small sample size, but Kd 4, walked 3, given up 3 hits in 2 appearances. went 2.2 innings in his last outing. Nice couple outing for the big lefty. he pitched yesterday, so i'm not sure if he will pitch again this summer.

Kalea Harrison- hitting .278 with an OBP of .381 in 16 games. If he comes close to that for NCSU, those will be very solid numbers. 0 extra base hits (which is hard to believe) in 64 plate appearances. Struck out 17 times, walked 8 times. not idea about his defensive #s.

carter trice is hitting .237 with 5 home runs and 6 doubles in 36 games (133 plate appearances). got on base at a .333 clip. 36/13 K/BB ratio
JCooke93
Awesome
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.