2022 Fall Season

4,522 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going Into The Fall As Of Right Now This Will Probably Be The Starting Infielders
Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White
Packsd14me
JCooke93 said:

Going Into The Fall As Of Right Now This Will Probably Be The Starting Infielders
Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White
Hood expected to leave? He has one more year, right?
PossumJenkins
Green has really got to get more consistent…I'm sure an off season will do him well. Definitely seems mental, he's got the tools
pack2010
Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White

Hood will probably go. Loses his leverage after this year, nothing to really gain by coming back.
Packsd14me
pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White

Hood will probably go. Loses his leverage after this year, nothing to really gain by coming back.
I agree with that somewhat but it depends on where he is drafted and how much is offered. That is why he transferred in the first place, right? He proved he can hit ACC pitching, hit with power and field pretty well but he could come back, play 2B and 3B ( his more likely pro positions ), hit for a higher average and be drafted higher. There are people that return to improve their draft stock and play on a better team for more visibility. Hood likely could be one of the players that fall into that category. He will be drafted but how high? Is it worth one more year to him? It is to some, ask Devo. That's what he did.
Ellesdad
But if he comes back he has no leverage. There's no incentive to pay him guaranteed money, even if he is a top 5 pick. Leverage is everything in MLB draft. Seniors have none, that's why juniors always go early.
DJncsu13
Is anyone else concerned about Tommy White being lured back south with NIL $$?
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
CLTWolf
Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White

I agree with that somewhat but it depends on where he is drafted and how much is offered. That is why he transferred in the first place, right? He proved he can hit ACC pitching, hit with power and field pretty well but he could come back, play 2B and 3B ( his more likely pro positions ), hit for a higher average and be drafted higher. There are people that return to improve their draft stock and play on a better team for more visibility. Hood likely could be one of the players that fall into that category. He will be drafted but how high? Is it worth one more year to him? It is to some, ask Devo. That's what he did.
Devonte Brown didn't get drafted at all last season, he didn't have many options. Hood was drafted in the 20th (last) round last year so this is his last leverage draft. If he comes back he could possibly get drafted higher but he 100% will not make more money.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Packsd14me
CLTWolf said:

Packsd14me said:

pack2010 said:

Packsd14me said:

JCooke93 said:

Catcher Cozart/Godman
1B Groover/Marcy
2B Falsken/Groover
SS Green
3B White

Devonte Brown didn't get drafted at all last season, he didn't have many options. Hood was drafted in the 20th (last) round last year so this is his last leverage draft. If he comes back he could possibly get drafted higher but he 100% will not make more money.
Sorry, I thought Devo was drafted in the later rounds. I understand his last leverage year is the important factor. We are talking bonus money in a leverage year versus slot money in the next year, right? I have known players that made more $$$ be staying than they were offered in a previous draft but I will say that was about 15 years ago, things could have changed. I am not as close to that as I once was.
JCooke93
Yes and no
JCooke93
Yup
Sunshineman
DJncsu13 said:

yes, very concerned
JCooke93
Nope not at all
Wolfer79
DJncsu13 said:

since it has been mentioned in multiple topics, I am going with yes
JCooke93
I would not worry
JCooke93
I am excited
DJncsu13
Wolfer79 said:

DJncsu13 said:

since it has been mentioned in multiple topics, I am going with yes
Boy this one rang true....

Still think we'll be better next fall. Need the draft to go our way, but if it does, we could be in good shape.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
JCooke93
Oh well
JCooke93
I am excited
JCooke93
No Mississippi State on The Fall Schedule
JCooke93
Play Ball
JCooke93
Let's Go
JCooke93
A lot of options
JCooke93
Yo
JCooke93
Speed
JCooke93
I feel the need for speed Lol
gopack1979
Death to the Shift!!! Here's hoping they kill it in college baseball too!
JCooke93
Gupton has some power in his bat
JCooke93
The Fr are pretty good
JCooke93
Soles might be in LF
JCooke93
One Week away
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.