Met Tyler McDonough Tonight!

1,266 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheStorm
WolfpackBAE08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just thought I'd share with the board that I went to watch Tyler McDonough play tonight against the Hickory Crawdads. At the end of the game I went by the dugout and gave him the Wolfpack sign. He came over and we talked about how much of a bummer Omaha was and signed a couple autographs for me. Very friendly guy and hoping to see him play again before they leave town.

thewuf
Nice!
TheStorm
My son and I did that exact same thing with Russell Wilson when he played there against them when he was playing with Asheville. Ironically enough, it was the very same day that the release went out that he was leaving the program at State, which I didn't learn about until the following day... Pre-IPS text messages

Learning about it after the fact like that I thought it was pretty tolerant of Russell to indulge us like that, especially given O'Brien's dumbassery.

Our company used to have one of those billboards from in your picture - ours was in left-center... and I used to live right across 321, just across "Lake Road" from LH and we went to tons of those games back then.

Thanks for sharing. Brings back some really good memories.
WolfpackBAE08
Also went back last night as well for a 2nd game. The Crawdads won with a walk-off HR and you could tell the Greenville Drive were bummed. I had a baseball card that I was going to see if I could get Tyler to autograph also to go with my baseball. At first he said "Sorry, not tonight" when I asked. But he turned around and either saw my NC State shirt or remembered me from the night before. He came over and talked to me again and I told him the news about Ikem Ekwonu going to the Panthers.

Definitely going to be pulling for him to move up and make it to Fenway in the future.

Also when I saw my Panthers took Ekwonu, it was at a really quiet time at the stadium. I screamed out "YESSSSS" for everyone to hear lol. I may have got a few stares, but what a great day to be a Wolfpack/Panthers fan
TheStorm
WolfpackBAE08 said:

Also when I saw my Panthers took Ekwonu, it was at a really quiet time at the stadium. I screamed out "YESSSSS" for everyone to hear lol. I may have got a few stares, but what a great day to be a Wolfpack/Panthers fan
I'm extremely proud of you for that!

You don't know how many times during my two stints there as an adult that I had to say, "Oh!, so you didn't actually go to Carolina? You graduated from Catawba?" (insert any number of various "Radford-type" - in honor of Marty Smith - college names here). "Don't ever again, try to talk sht to me about my university unless you want to compare it to where you actually attended college". "Happy to play you guys anytime"...

That usually shuts that type up.

Keep fighting the good fight brother...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.