Pack 9 (13) Appreciation Thread

3,451 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bigwuf
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't want to talk covid, or vaccines, or protocols any more. No talk about Boo. I want to express my love for this team.

I thought that last year's team was going to be really special, and I was disappointed they weren't given a chance to show it. On paper I wasn't as sure about this team, but I was hopeful. What these guys put together was the greatest run in NC State sports in my lifetime. It was so much fun to watch. So many exciting, and nail biting, moments. Everyone that played throughout the year contributed in some way, and these guys picked each other up when they were having a tough time in a way that was so inspiring. They showed the power of positive thinking. They believed they could do it, and they did it.

Speaking specifically of the Pack13 guys that played yesterday, that was the single most inspiring thing I've witnessed in NC State sports. Those guys showed heart, grit, and determination in a way that made me prouder to be a State fan than I've ever felt in my life. I'm not ashamed to say that it brings tears to my eyes to think about those guys laying it all on the line yesterday to try and gut out that game. It was the stuff of legend, and every one of those guys should go down in Wolfpack history for that effort. No moral victory is better than one won on the field, but those guys won by playing in the face of that tremendous adversity.

I love every single player on this team. I hope they get all the success that they deserve, wherever life takes them.

Thank you Pack9!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
Garrett Payne is a legend!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
barnburner
Wonder when they'll be back in town? We should great them
dmelvin
Not just #Pack13 but the whole Motley Crew is gonna be getting back to the Doak around 8 tonight. For someone who has been with these guys for 5 years it would mean the world to see anyone from WPN who could come see the guys.
Dmelvin
Wolfpacklife
The amount of pride I have after how they carried themselves yesterday just can't be explained.

Absolutely love these guys. They are champions to me
PackFansXL
Sam Highfill batted 1.000 against Rocker!
DrummerboyWolf
I am as proud of these young men as I can possibly be. I will be out at Doak Field tonight to express my love and pride of what they did accomplish and what they were going to accomplish. This team had their dreams stolen.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
WilmingtonPackman777
Incredible run - great players and manager.
Bcwhitl2
Great season, fun to follow all year. Hate that I'm never going to get to see most of the every days guys in a pack uniform again, but it's been fun seeing these dudes grow into grown men over the past few years.
EthanBarry
Staff
Great post. This was an awesome team, my favorite ever and not sure they'll ever be topped, even by a title team. They lost Swiney and Bailey and were the best team in the country this year. Incredible
55Burgers
I've been a State fan for 45 years. And I'm being honest when I say this. I had more fun pulling for this State team than any NC State sports team during that entire span. We've made magical runs in basketball and won some big upsets in Football, but I personally cannot remember another State team in any big time sport, where I felt like they were the best team in the country at the end of the season. I honest to God felt like this team was going to win it all. I felt like they were the best team left in the field. They had the talent. And to top it off, they had the make-up of a championship team. And they were right there. SMDH. It just sucks to end like this. Nonetheless, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best NC State team we've had in the major 3 sports, in the last 30 years. Thanks for the good memories. Unfortunately the ending will always overshadow what could have been.
packwest
They gave us something to cheer in one of the most difficult, depressing times in recent memory. They did it in spite of the enormous burden of testing and protocols.

My 3-year old son and I watched every game we could on TV. He's a baseball fan now.

I'll be forever grateful for this squad.
82TxPackFan
Incredible effort by EA & the team. I will remember this run for a long time.

Thanks to the team for all they have accomplished this year.
SniderFC
Love these guys, they had heart and played with true grit. My favorite State team regardless of sport. They deserve better. In my 26 years of life I've never been this close to a National title and for that I thank you.

Love you Pack9.
metcalfmafia
These boys have put NC State baseball on the map!
WPNfamily
I really enjoyed watching these kids fight. Our bullpen just kept getting better. That was fun to watch.
sf59
Go Pack!

(we'll get'em next time)
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Packchem91
The Pack9 is one of the great reclamation / fortitude stories on the year. Poor start, faced the toughest hurdles of any team in the postseason, and kept knocking teams off and gaining fans.

Pack13 -- truly had the opportunity to be one of the fairy tale stories of recent sports memory. Everyone loves the cinderella story, especially when it feels like someone else caused it. When Payne came out of the game yesterday, who amongst us didn't have a tear in their eye, thinking of how that kid had elevated his game? Or when the bullpen catcher came up there in the 9th and went down hacking? Give me more of those kinds of stories.
Was so looking forward to riding with that group again this afternoon...had made sports awesome for this little stretch
DJncsu13
The sucky thing about baseball, is this entire team could come back next year and get bounced in the regionals. Nothing is guaranteed or easy in this sport. And that makes this so much harder. Hella proud of this team and the run they've been on since Mid-March. Love Pack baseball and can't wait to win it all one day. Officially.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
wilmwolf
One addendum, I don't want to leave off the staff. They've done a masterful job managing this team. The post season was a thing of beauty. Pulling the plug in the first Arkansas game. Getting every bit out of the short pitching staff. Elliott channeling his inner Jimmy V. It was an amazing job, and they really deserve a ton of credit. Avent is Wolfpack to his core and I love him. USA baseball should let him add as many Pack players to the roster as he wants.
gopack_83
The impact of this team goes beyond just winning so many games and making it so far in the tournament. As many have mentioned, so many people fell in love with this team. They weren't just good, but displayed tons of heart & character. They had the whole world rooting for them.

My hope is this run created a new awareness for our baseball program. Like how much we've been able to accomplish despite not even having the advantage when it comes to stadium/facilities/etc. How much our coach loves his school. How fun a run to Omaha is. So many different things that I hope only sparks many more runs like this in the future.

IMO, when we look back on it this team won't just be remembered as the best team in baseball who would've no doubt won the championship. But a team who grew the love for NC State Baseball. Not just for those state fans, but for fans around the world.
TraCha4
D. Brown's pants were worn with immaculate style and positioning. Never one time saw the extra fabric sag below the knee cap.
wilmwolf
Bump. Sick of talking about the other bull*****
wilmwolf
I was thinking about this today. I still feel the way I did in the OP. What those dudes did was amazing.
JCooke93
Yes it was
Packsd14me
wilmwolf80 said:

I was thinking about this today. I still feel the way I did in the OP. What those dudes did was amazing.
I agree...but I am still upset with all that happened to them AND HOW it happened. I will never forget it.
JCooke93
Same here and it hurts very badly and I was there so that's why it hurts even more
Bigwuf
I am hoping that there is a ceremony for Pack9 at one of the home football games where we celebrate the National Championship they would have won had the NCAA not screwed things up.
Bigwuf
I want to echo 55Burgers, but add that I have been a State fan since I started school there in 1970, and 2021Pack9 and Pack13 were special even by the standards of 1974 and 1983.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.