baseball vs Virginia Tech 4/23-25

7,762 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ON DECK
Friday, April 23 vs. Virginia Tech 6:30 PM
Saturday, April 24 vs. Virginia Tech 7 PM
Sunday, April 25 vs. Virginia Tech 4 PM

Virginia Tech 15-9 .625 Leads Coastal Division
February 25-27 @ Miami 2-1
March 5-7 unc-ch 2-1
March 12-14 Florida State 1-2
March 19-21 @ Clemson 1-2
March 26-28 @ Pittsburgh 3-0
April 1-3 Boston College 2-1
April 9-11 @ Wake Forest 3-0
April 16-18 Georgia Tech 1-2

castlewood107
Disappointing not to finish the job at ND especially the way we knocked around their starter but couldn't get anything to show for it early.

This is a huge series because VT is finally looking vulnerable in the pen and a win would be a nice resume booster. We have to get one of these at home eventually, right?

Figure we are on the right side of the bubble with this finish:

2-1 vs. VT
2-1 @ Wake
3-3 @ Pitt/ vs. FSU
3-1 rest of mid weeks

Anything less than that starts to look dicey.
Wolfer79
seeing conflicting times on Sunday game, 1pm and 4pm

Saturday and Sunday games to be televised on ACC Network
Wolfer79
castlewood107 said:

Disappointing not to finish the job at ND especially the way we knocked around their starter but couldn't get anything to show for it early.

This is a huge series because VT is finally looking vulnerable in the pen and a win would be a nice resume booster. We have to get one of these at home eventually, right?

2-1 vs. VT
2-1 @ Wake
3-3 @ Pitt/ vs. FSU
3-1 rest of mid weeks

RPI 61 this morning at warrennolan.com

I posted yesterday I think 12 regular season wins is needed to make NCAAT
castlewood107
I think we are close Wolfer. Looking back, probably need to go 4-0 mid weeks with the above I laid out. That would be 11 reg season wins.
Wolfer79
castlewood107 said:

I think we are close Wolfer. Looking back, probably need to go 4-0 mid weeks with the above I laid out. That would be 11 reg season wins.

win the next game until they tell you season is over
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
castlewood107 said:

2-1 vs. VT
2-1 @ Wake
3-3 @ Pitt/ vs. FSU
3-1 rest of mid weeks

FIRST FIVE OUT:

Kentucky, Creighton, NC State, Dallas Baptist, Clemson

Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

castlewood107 said:

2-1 vs. VT
2-1 @ Wake
3-3 @ Pitt/ vs. FSU
3-1 rest of mid weeks

FIRST FIVE OUT:

Kentucky, Creighton, NC State, Dallas Baptist, Clemson

kmb717
Any word on schedule changes for this weekend? Doesn't seem like much of a chance of getting a game in on Saturday.
Wolfer79
kmb717 said:

Any word on schedule changes for this weekend? Doesn't seem like much of a chance of getting a game in on Saturday.
probably no update until Virginia Tech gets to Raleigh and head coaches and umpires meet

not sure now, but previous seasons visiting teams arrived Thursday and worked out Thursday evening
Wolfer79
David Teel

As he returns from surgery, it's only a matter of time before #Hokies' Nick Biddison regains form at the plate "because he's got a lot of talent, and at some point the talent will just take over."

https://t.co/7e46kBPHTy
JCooke93
So we hit the dumb button after no DH on Friday or Sunday as of right now
Wolfer79
NC State baseball (16-13, 9-12 ACC) returns to action this weekend at Doak Field at Dail Park when it hosts No. 15 Virginia Tech 21-12 (15-9 ACC) in a three-game series. The teams will play Friday at 6:30 p.m., Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 4 p.m.

Friday's game will be on the ACC Network Extra, while Saturday and Sunday will air on the ACC Network with Mike Monaco and Adam Greenberg on the call. There will additionally be a free audio stream on WKNC 88.1 and the TuneIn App.

ATTENDANCE POLICY
With the recent updates to capacity guidelines for Doak Field at Dail Park, NC State Athletics is able to increase fan attendance for the remainder of the season. NC State student-athletes, NC State students and NC State baseball season ticket holders will all have increased allotments for upcoming games.

A full concessions menu on the first base side will be provided for fans. Both cash and credit card will be accepted. Fans are no longer permitted to bring in outside food but are still allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water.

STARTING PITCHERS
Friday TBA (NCSU) vs. (TBA VT)
Saturday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (VT)
Sunday TBA (NCSU) vs. TBA (VT)

SCOUTING VIRGINIA TECH
The Hokies picked up a 7-5 win on Tuesday against VMI in its last time out after suffering a series loss to Georgia Tech last weekend.

Tech currently leads the coastal division of the ACC baseball standings by one game after being picked to finish sixth in the division in the ACC Baseball Preseason Coaches Poll.

Freshman Gavin Cross currently leads the ACC with a .412 batting average and .756 slugging percentage with 54 hits and 38 runs scored. His team-leading 10 home runs and three triples additionally rank among the top four in the conference.

As a team, VT ranks among the top four in the league in 10 different offensive categories.

On the mound, its pitching staff has compiled a 4.85 earned-run average and ranks second among the ACC with 365 strikeouts. Alford Peyton leads the staff with eight starts in nine appearances with 55 strikeouts in 38.0 innings pitched while Anthony Simonelli has earned seven starts, including a team-best four wins, in as many appearances on the mound and owns a 3.47 ERA.

Out of the pen, seven different pitchers have tallied double-digit appearances in relief, led by Jason Heard (15), Noah Johnson (14) and Shane Connolly (14)
Wolfer79
Coming off a series loss to No. 10 Notre Dame, @NCStateBaseball runs into No. 22 Virginia Tech at home.

Sitting atop the Coastal, the Hokies rank 3rd in the conference in batting average, including ACC leader Gavin Cross (.412).
@wcthornhill
https://t.co/l4H3C1i3QU
Wolfer79
Saturday night questionable

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NC State RPI at Warrennolan.com this morning is 68
wilmwolf
Odd to me the RPI isn't improving just playing all these ranked conference opponents, unless the rpi doesn't rank them as highly as the human polls. I know it's contingent on what all the other teams do as well, I would just expect it to be higher.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Saturday night questionable

Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

Odd to me the RPI isn't improving just playing all these ranked conference opponents, unless the rpi doesn't rank them as highly as the human polls. I know it's contingent on what all the other teams do as well, I would just expect it to be higher.

RPI is strange to me this year

ACC team RPI are unusually high

Warren Nolan

16 Notte Dame
19 Pittsburgh
20 Miami
30 Virginia Tech
44 Georgia Tech
45 Duke
50 Wake Forest
55 Louisville
58 unc-ch
60 Virginia
68 NC State
69 Florida State
80 Clemson
103 Boston College

ACC #3 RPI

Louisville nonconference Strength of Schedule at 224 hurts them

NC State breakdown
Strength of Schedule 43
nonconference SOS 133
Q1 2-7
Q2 6-5
Q3 7-1
Q4 1-0
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Highfill scheduled to start on mound tonight
wolfpack1437
Wolfer79 said:

Highfill scheduled to start on mound tonight
Strange stuff. I wonder why we are changing it up.
castlewood107
Weird. Hope Reid is not hurt
Wolfer79
kmb717
UNC went ahead and scheduled a double header for today and the 3rd game of the series on Sunday. Why are we never proactive with the weather?
Wolfer79
kmb717 said:

UNC went ahead and scheduled a double header for today and the 3rd game of the series on Sunday. Why are we never proactive with the weather?

tv Saturday and Sunday is my guess
Wolfer79
NC State is set to face Virginia Tech at Doak Field. Here's how the Wolfpack lines up:

1B Austin Murr
CF Tyler McDonough
C Luca Tresh
LF Jonny Butler
SS Jose Torres
RF Devonte Brown
3B Vojtech Mensik
DH Terrell Tatum
2B J.T. Jarrett

RHP Sam Highfill on the mound
DrummerboyWolf
It's almost like a one-pitch softball tournament. Highfill has thrown 14 through 2 and the VT starter has thrown 15. 0-0 going to the 3rd.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
wilmwolf
Their guy looking like Tom Glavine right now. Need to get some guys on and make him work some.
wilmwolf
Murr mash! 1-0
Cthepack
kmb717 said:

We have the meteorological school?
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

Murr mash! 1-0

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.