Baseball vs Greensboro 3/30 6pm

3,491 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by I40Wolf
curmudgeon.zen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know what in the heck has gotten into our pitching staff in the last week or so, but...I LIKE IT!!!
Log off. Go outside.
EthanBarry
Staff
Also noteworthy that UNC has lit up the ECU staff with 18 (and counting) runs in the two midweeks sandwiched around the sweep last weekend.
Cthepack
EthanBarry said:

Also noteworthy that UNC has lit up the ECU staff with 18 (and counting) runs in the two midweeks sandwiched around the sweep last weekend.
All depends what ECU is pitching.

In any case 5 pitchers in 4 games (including a 2 day rain delay) may be a modern area baseball record. All of baseball not just college.
Packsd14me
Wolfer79 said:

Final line on Chris Villaman: 9 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 9 K, 3 BB, 112 pitches (80 strikes).

More impressive is only 3 BB's in 9 innings for him. If he is around the plate, he becomes really tough with his natural movement.
Packsd14me
EthanBarry said:

Didn't ECU comeback and win yesterday? I thought I saw that it finished 11-10 with a walk-off in the 9th .UNC pitching staff is struggling now. Funny game baseball.....it's easy, until it's not. Too bad for the Heels.....not.

wilmwolf
Yup. Nobody can pitch, everyone can pitch. Nobody can hit, everybody can hit. Baseball is crazy that way, and as much as any sport, feeds off the momentum and energy through the dugout.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
I40Wolf
What are the rules for making it into the tournament this year
castlewood107
Edit: I thought you meant NCAA tourney. That is below. ACC is top 12 teams. I THINK. so we would be the last team in as off today, with BC and UVA below us.

Same as always I think. Need an RPI in the 40s minimum, have a winning record and not be like 6-7 games under .500 in the league.

We are on our way back. Sweep was huge. our RPI is up like 100 spots into the 60s in 5 days.

Good news is the ACC has gamed the RPI a bit this year. Every single team is in the top 100, so pretty much every win is a quality W.
I40Wolf
castlewood107 said:

Edit: I thought you meant NCAA tourney. That is below. ACC is top 12 teams. I THINK. so we would be the last team in as off today, with BC and UVA below us.

Same as always I think. Need an RPI in the 40s minimum, have a winning record and not be like 6-7 games under .500 in the league.

We are on our way back. Sweep was huge. our RPI is up like 100 spots into the 60s in 5 days.

Good news is the ACC has gamed the RPI a bit this year. Every single team is in the top 100, so pretty much every win is a quality W.
Thank you
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.