Story Poster
Photo by Photo credit: Steve Murphy
NC State Baseball

RELEASE: NC State Extends Agreement With Baseball Coach Elliott Avent

November 13, 2020

RALEIGH, N.C. — NC State has extended the agreement of long-time baseball coach Elliott Avent, as the Board of Trustees approved a new deal on Friday that will keep him in the dugout through the 2025 season, with options beyond that.

Avent is set to begin his 25th season at NC State in the spring of 2021, and is the school's all-time leader in victories with a career mark of 889-531. He currently owns a 1,113-744 overall career record, and is one of 13 active head coaches to surpass the 1,100-win milestone.

"I'd like to thank Chancellor Woodson and Director of Athletics Boo Corrigan for their commitment and continued faith in what we've built in our baseball program," Avent. "My love for NC State and this program runs deep, and I'm honored to have the opportunity to continue to build on our traditions and successes."

Avent has guided NC State to 18 NCAA appearances, four Super Regionals and a trip to the 2013 College World Series. In his tenure, he has produced 34 All-Americans, 83 All-ACC selections and 112 MLB Draft picks.

"Elliott's track record of success speaks for itself, we're appreciative of what he's built with NC State baseball and this extension reflects our commitment," said Corrigan. "Our program has strong momentum and we look forward to continued success under Elliott's leadership."

In the shortened 2020 season the Wolfpack compiled a 14-3 record, including a 12-0 start to the year. The squad finished the year as high as No. 9 nationally, as it was ranked in the top 25 the entire season by all six major polls. Additionally, catcher Patrick Bailey (13th pick) and left-handed pitcher Nick Swiney (67th pick) were selected to the San Francisco Giants in the 2020 MLB Draft, marking the 20th consecutive season NC State has had multiple players drafted the same year.

RELEASE: NC State Extends Agreement With Baseball Coach Elliott Avent

5,209 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JCooke93
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cutcliffe has nothing on this guy!
RunningWithThePack
Hendu would say, "we are a sweet gig"!
Wolfpackrich1
Love Coach Avent.
JCooke93
We have one of the best Coaching Staffs in the State of NC
Packfanme1
Good for Avent! No one is more loyal to NC State or has done so much with so little! In his early years baseball had nothing, but he built a solid program. We are still way behind most ACC schools in facilities, but the players love Elliott.
Jesus, Family, Wolfpack!
Colonel Armstrong
RunningWithThePack said:

Hendu would say, "we are a sweet gig"!

It is a sweet gig. Pretty easy to be top 25 here even without god facilities/fan support.
BigLefty24
Congratulations Coach Avent. Well deserved. One of the most underappreciated coaches in NC State history.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

PackBacker07
Out of curiosity, what type of bonus structure does Avent have - anyone know? I see the base is $160k/yr. And does he have a personal service contract with adidas?
Y'all means ALL.
JCooke93
Just Need to give coach Hart a contract extension and hello
wilmwolf
Coach deserves to go out on his own terms, and I would think this extension should give him that opportunity. I'm excited for the coming season. I thought the team could've been really special last year, and hope that can carry over this year.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
I think it will
RunsWithWolves26
Debbie Yow weeps. Congrats to Coach A. Great guy who does a lot with a little.
JCooke93
Love it
Pack31
JCooke93 said:

Just Need to give coach Hart a contract extension and hello

Need a pitching coach imo. Avent has done a really good job imo. He gets ridiculed alot, but he bleeds nc state red.
JCooke93
Our pc is fine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.