Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

334,191 Views | 1846 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hm
JCooke93
OBEE is not going to UGA
metcalfmafia
Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Tough loss for duke.

Need to let this one play out. Could be some smoke
You have my attention.
JCooke93
Same here
Ripper
Reel him in.
JCooke93
Yes please
JCooke93
No new news yet lol
JCooke93
Is that person still available or did he commented or drafted somewhere already ?
gopack1979
JCooke93 said:

Is that person still available or did he commented or drafted somewhere already ?
He never went into the portal but I know he and his family were in touch with our coaches.
JCooke93
Cool
metcalfmafia
We done?
JCooke93
Looks like looking for 1 more bat in the portal and maybe 1 more arm then done
JCooke93
Just got our right Handed Bat from VCU
Tr23
A10 All Rookie team and played 55 games at 1B? I'll take it
pack2010
solid pickup, going to be a nice competition between this kid and ossenfort at 1st.
GOPACK_LATER
JCooke93
Wolf
pack2010

isn't this account run by a guy here? or am i mistaken? not trying to be argumentative here, just curious as to why he/they think we are thin up the middle? Nixon, DeCriscio, Heavner, Lyons is a solid 4 and Dalen Thompson experience in the IF too.
JCooke93
Good question
griff17matt
pack2010 said:

isn't this account run by a guy here? or am i mistaken? not trying to be argumentative here, just curious as to why he/they think we are thin up the middle? Nixon, DeCriscio, Heavner, Lyons is a solid 4 and Dalen Thompson experience in the IF too.

Fairly sure that's Ethan's twitter
wilmwolf
pack2010 said:

Yeah, if he thinks shortstop is locked up, I'm not sure how we can be thin up the middle. As to guys not getting ABs, it seems as though they are operating as though Hogue won't be back to full strength in time. A couple of the guys are developmental guys too, take all the guys you can get, it'll sort itself out.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
Homer Dumbarse.
EthanBarry
Staff
pack2010 said:

3 MIF: DeCriscio, Nixon. Thompson, Heavner 2B only
4 CIF: Jaros, Lyons, Ossenfort, McHugh
2 CF: Head, Thompson (complete unknowns)
3 COF: Fraasman, Hogue, Nixon, Lyons(?)

Anybody up the middle can slide to a corner spot, but can't vice versa. Infield should be fine but DeCriscio has to stay healthy. Two years ago they had Candelaria in center in a regional, can't have that happen with this team
pack2010
EthanBarry said:

pack2010 said:

3 MIF: DeCriscio, Nixon. Thompson, Heavner 2B only
4 CIF: Jaros, Lyons, Ossenfort, McHugh
2 CF: Head, Thompson (complete unknowns)
3 COF: Fraasman, Hogue, Nixon, Lyons(?)

Anybody up the middle can slide to a corner spot, but can't vice versa. Infield should be fine but DeCriscio has to stay healthy. Two years ago they had Candelaria in center in a regional, can't have that happen with this team

Thanks for explaining, respectfully disagree though. If lyons is a corner IF only then I think the roster was possibly mismanaged. He is playing short and 2nd over the summer, but it's a mixed bag defensively. According to James he was recruited as 2nd, SS and 3rd so to not put him in the MIF discussion is weird to me.

IMO we have 2 kids that can play SS at a decent level in DeCriscio and Nixon (I know we haven't seen Nixon there but I would bet on him). And Lyons will have lots of reps there after this summer could be an emergency guy. At 2nd, Nixon/heavner/lyons with Thompson being emergency guy makes sense to me.
JCooke93
Go Pack
EthanBarry
Staff
I get it. Short should be fine, DeCriscio is a stud and Lyons is 3rd string right now. I still have no clue what to make of Lyons because his profile basically doesn't exist. It's hard for me to believe he goes from catching in the SEC to short in the ACC defensively, but who knows. You could tell me he's a middle of the order bat or he's in the Carson Falsken role and I'd have no argument either way
Jtilley
Depth wise this is one of the deepest teams we've had in a while. I like how the staff went after depth and now you have more options off the bench.
Jtilley
EthanBarry said:

I get it. Short should be fine, DeCriscio is a stud and Lyons is 3rd string right now. I still have no clue what to make of Lyons because his profile basically doesn't exist. It's hard for me to believe he goes from catching in the SEC to short in the ACC defensively, but who knows. You could tell me he's a middle of the order bat or he's in the Carson Falsken role and I'd have no argument either way
Almost feels like Lyons should move to the OF, or maybe they leave Luke in left and give Lyons a shot at 2nd.

StateFan2001
EthanBarry said:

Agree there is no way Lyonis playing SS in the ACC. To me he profiles as 3B OF or DH.
StateFan2001
Jtilley said:

EthanBarry said:

Almost feels like Lyons should move to the OF, or maybe they leave Luke in left and give Lyons a shot at 2nd.

Luke played OF in a pinch this season but he is not an OF. He will be playing in the middle next year which is what he is.
SportManagementEngineer
Feels like the goal of this transfer portal class was to give the program some stability for the next couple years.

Dalen Thompson (junior)
Julien Peissel (sophomore)
Ryan Jaros (freshman)
Matt Ossenfort (freshman)
Trenton Lyons (freshman)
Chris McHugh (freshman)
Justin DeCriscio (junior)

That's five guys with multiple seasons remaining, should a few of them work out, it should give you a strong nucleus joining our current young guys.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
JCooke93
Go Pack
Pack31
Any shot with Obee? Asking for a friend
Glasswolf
Pack31 said:

Any shot with Obee? Asking for a friend
There was some contact I believe but nothing came from it.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
Pain
JCooke93
UNC got a other Liberty kid ugh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.