Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

336,379 Views | 1846 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by JCooke93
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still think it's very interesting looking at some SS/2B Still
Glasswolf
JCooke93 said:

Still think it's very interesting looking at some SS/2B Still
When fishing you don't throw the hook/bait at one fish. You throw it in the middle of many fish.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
True lol
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

Packsd14me said:

CLT, how does Fraasman's arm translate? Offensively, he looks very athletic at the plate although all his good hits but one seem middle in, his bat looks pretty good. Between Thompson and he, who is the CF and could either play RF? Or could Bechtel be in play there?
I would think Hogue in RF, Fraasman LF, and Thompson in CF.

Prolly swap Hogue and Fraasman. Hogue started in LF and played 19 games there until Soles got hurt then he moved to Right. Fraasman played RF this year for Lincoln Trail with a game or two in center sprinkled in.
Good news is we know Hogue can play RF as well with 17 starts there until he got hurt.
Fraasman apparently ran a 6.63 sixty at a scout day a year ago so he's plenty fast to play center if needed, IMO.
He was a HS catcher so his arm should have plenty of juice from out there.

There is also Head (If he makes it here) who can cover a ton of ground in CF.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

CLTWolf said:

James Henderson said:

Packsd14me said:

CLT, how does Fraasman's arm translate? Offensively, he looks very athletic at the plate although all his good hits but one seem middle in, his bat looks pretty good. Between Thompson and he, who is the CF and could either play RF? Or could Bechtel be in play there?
I would think Hogue in RF, Fraasman LF, and Thompson in CF.

Prolly swap Hogue and Fraasman. Hogue started in LF and played 19 games there until Soles got hurt then he moved to Right. Fraasman played RF this year for Lincoln Trail with a game or two in center sprinkled in.
Good news is we know Hogue can play RF as well with 17 starts there until he got hurt.
Fraasman apparently ran a 6.63 sixty at a scout day a year ago so he's plenty fast to play center if needed, IMO.
He was a HS catcher so his arm should have plenty of juice from out there.

There is also Head (If he makes it here) who can cover a ton of ground in CF.
No doubt. But until the draft ends and either his name isn't called or he turns down draft money I'm not counting on him for anything. haha
JCooke93
I feel the same way about Fitz
Glasswolf
It is a positive that both Fitz and head are at least on campus
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
100% just have to keep them
Jtilley
Glasswolf said:

We should have a pretty good idea next week. If they are drafted top five rounds they are for sure gone and already had a deal in place. Anything round 10 on and so will be a waiting game to see if that club doesn't sign someone.
CLTWolf
Jtilley said:

Glasswolf said:

We should have a pretty good idea next week. If they are drafted top five rounds they are for sure gone and already had a deal in place. Anything round 10 on and so will be a waiting game to see if that club doesn't sign someone.
If they are drafted in the top 10 rounds they are signing. Hell, just looking at the results from last year, anyone picked in the first 14 or so rounds are gonna sign.
JCooke93
Oh boy
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Jtilley said:

Glasswolf said:

If they are drafted in the top 10 rounds they are signing. Hell, just looking at the results from last year, anyone picked in the first 14 or so rounds are gonna sign.
Yea that is really what I meant. I know in years past MLB had that weird rule where money was allocated different for guys drafted rounds 6-10 and they were almost always college guys.

The draft rules has changed so much for me to keep up with but you're right, if you are drafted in the first 10 rounds in HS you already have a deal in place for the most part.
JCooke93
Some very interesting names I am keeping a eye on in the portal and they have power bats
JCooke93
Slow News day
Coach15
Has nothing to do with the portal but didn't feel like making a new thread for it.

But.. the new Indoor Facility at the USA Complex in Cary is absolutely amazing.
JCooke93
It looks cool from the photos from what I have seen of it
Coach15
JCooke93 said:

It looks cool from the photos from what I have seen of it
Next time you're out there, holler at me and if I'm there I'll give you a tour.
Wolfpacker009
We had a practice tonight out there tonight. It's phenomenal. Kudos to the TOC, Wake County, and USA Baseball. Very well done.
Jtilley
I was thinking about this earlier but I wonder how much of our NIL money is tied towards guys that are draft eligible?
JCooke93
D3 transfer portal target Pitcher Ryder Edwards
JCooke93
Go Pack
JCooke93
Thank you very much
GOPACK_LATER
A few 2026 commits down at the WWBA

JCooke93
Nice
JCooke93
Hm
braz213
Can you share anything?
JCooke93
Right now a Arkansas Outfielder is a new target and a CP from a university in California is also a new target
JCooke93
And Tab Tracey from A&M is also a new target but he is a draft risk also up playing in the Cap Cod League so
JCooke93
Go Pack9
GOPACK_LATER
More video of Jacob Smith pitching

pack2010
Liberty coach Scott Jackson leaving his head coaching spot to join UNC as an assistant. Could be something to monitor as they have quite a few guys from the state/region.
JCooke93
Yup going to be very interesting and to see who at liberty goes into the portal
metcalfmafia
pack2010 said:

Liberty coach Scott Jackson leaving his head coaching spot to join UNC as an assistant. Could be something to monitor as they have quite a few guys from the state/region.

Looks like Kane Kepley is their best player and he's from South Rowan.
pack2010
metcalfmafia said:

pack2010 said:

Looks like Kane Kepley is their best player and he's from South Rowan.

Yup, saw that. Big time hitter, it seems. Also have a couple decent arms from NC as well
JCooke93
Popcorn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.