Pack 9 Recruiting and Portal News

262,309 Views | 1552 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by CLTWolf
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chrysler just followed Camp from WF and Seton Hall Ace Michael Gillen
JCooke93
Let's Goooo
JCooke93
Sorry was to excited
JCooke93
UCLA Outfielder Cody Schrier is a new portal target
pack2010
JMUs Mancini commits to Vandy
pack2010
JCooke93 said:

UCLA Outfielder Cody Schrier is a new portal target

He's a shortstop
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Trickynic1 said:

N Greenville = who??
David Lewis - 1B, started his college career at Clemson for a year. 24 bombs this year and 18 last year so he's got some power.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lewis-003dav

Kaleb Hall - OF/CIF. Looks like he's got two years left.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=hall--001kal

For a split second I thought N Greenville was a jab against ECU.

JCooke93
Opps
JCooke93
Looking at Georgetown Portal Target Michael Eze
JCooke93
Pain
basementwolf
pack2010 said:

JMUs Mancini commits to Vandy
Well, that one sucks.
JCooke93
Yup
StateFan2001
Seems like we might be playing with a lesser budget compared to other serious baseball programs. Just a hunch.
Alex Gee
Staff
Our baseball NIL is in a pretty good spot as far as I know.

We aren't swinging and missing in the portal. More of a holding pattern to see where things stand after July 16th.
Glasswolf
StateFan2001 said:

Seems like we might be playing with a lesser budget compared to other serious baseball programs. Just a hunch.
As Alex said,

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

matracey
Alex Gee said:

We aren't swinging and missing in the portal. More of a holding pattern to see where things stand after July 16th.
Right I believe every spot left by someone out of eligibility has been filled at this point. Soles' outfield spot. Pennington and Makarewicz's corner infield spots. A couple pitchers. Probably now just waiting to see what happens with the draft for Serrano, Fritton and Butterworth's spots
wilmwolf
Alex Gee said:

I personally give more to baseball than the other sports. Going up against teams that are able to offer full academic scholarships to baseball to get around the 11.7 rule, I figured it was the best way to maximize what relatively little I can give these days. There will always be teams offering guys stupid money, but I think we've shown we don't have to get those guys to get great players.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
78wilsonpack
wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

I personally give more to baseball than the other sports. Going up against teams that are able to offer full academic scholarships to baseball to get around the 11.7 rule, I figured it was the best way to maximize what relatively little I can give these days. There will always be teams offering guys stupid money, but I think we've shown we don't have to get those guys to get great players.
Quality and high character players is what i would add to what you said.
JCooke93
Lol haha
JCooke93
Colby Holcombe is a new target
Glasswolf
wilmwolf said:

Alex Gee said:

I give equal between BB and FB.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Jtilley
matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

Right I believe every spot left by someone out of eligibility has been filled at this point. Soles' outfield spot. Pennington and Makarewicz's corner infield spots. A couple pitchers. Probably now just waiting to see what happens with the draft for Serrano, Fritton and Butterworth's spots
I was out of it with Covid last week but who took Penningtons spot?
braz213
What is the reasoning for moving the draft back to mid July? It puts college teams in a bind trying to figure out who they need to replace. Puts the portal players in a bind as well.
JCooke93
That and they don't want it to happen during the Super Regionals
pack2010
Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

no one yet. still have a few holes to fill
CLTWolf
pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...
matracey
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...
Lol there it is
CLTWolf
matracey said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...
Lol there it is
I almost said something after your post but thankfully remembered he hadn't gone public with it yet. haha

gabeezzell04
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...

Someone talk me into this addition
pack2010
CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...

interesting. TBH i thought they would have gone after someone a little more established, but nice upside kid here with some good pop. a nice core forming from that 2023 class now.
JCooke93
Surprise
pack2010
gabeezzell04 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...

played at a big time HS down in florida, one of the best in the country. really solid recruit, would have been 5th rated kid in our class last year, one spot behind Marohn in the national ranking. seemingly has big time power. 100mph exit velo while in HS. If Hart can unlock him, he is a 12-15 HR guy.
gabeezzell04
pack2010 said:

gabeezzell04 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...

played at a big time HS down in florida, one of the best in the country. really solid recruit, would have been 5th rated kid in our class last year, one spot behind Marohn in the national ranking. seemingly has big time power. 100mph exit velo while in HS. If Hart can unlock him, he is a 12-15 HR guy.

Sounds good. I like that they're adding guys with multiple years left.
pack2010
gabeezzell04 said:

pack2010 said:

gabeezzell04 said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...

Sounds good. I like that they're adding guys with multiple years left.

me too. very nice core in the 2023 class with Nixon, Sosa, this kid and Jaros.
Alex Gee
Staff
CLTWolf said:

matracey said:

CLTWolf said:

pack2010 said:

Jtilley said:

matracey said:

Alex Gee said:

About that...
Lol there it is
I almost said something after your post but thankfully remembered he hadn't gone public with it yet. haha

I almost slipped. Completely forgot Ossenfort hadn't announced. I like the pickup and don't think we are done, but imagine it slows a bit until the draft is over and we see the aftermath with our hs guys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.