Wolfpack gymnastics head coach Kim Landrus announced that Lauren Wright and Elizabeth Wells Fisher will be joining the 2023 class, Wednesday afternoon.

Landrus said, "I am thrilled that Lauren and Elizabeth are part of the incoming class of 2023! Throughout the recruiting process, they have had a great amount of enthusiasm to join PACK GYMNASTICS! From following our season and watching our competitions to taking virtual tours of campus and visiting NC State and the city of Raleigh, they knew this was a place they wanted to call HOME. I am excited to watch them as they begin their collegiate careers! "

A native of Wallingford, Pa., Wright was a three-time DP Level 10 National Qualifier. She was the 2023 Region 7 Vault Champion, Pennsylvania State Vault Champion and the DP Level 10 National Champion in the All-Star East All-Around. She also medaled at Nationals in 2021 on beam.

Wright stated, "The minute I stepped on campus it felt like home. Getting a good education was very important to me and my family. I felt that NC State was a good fit for me academically. The coaches and gymnasts on the team were so welcoming and nice."
Skip Ad

Originally from Darien, Conn., Wells is a four-time national qualifier. She was the 2022 Region 6 Vault Champion, 2021 Region 6 Floor and Vault champion. She was a Level 9 Eastern National Qualifier in 2017 after placing eighth on vault.

Wells said, "I chose NC State because as soon as I arrived on campus it felt like home. Everyone was so welcoming and nice. I knew it was where I wanted to spend the next four years. The stellar athletics and academics make it the perfect school for me."

https://gopack.com/news/2023/6/7/womens-gymnastics-gymnastics-adds-two-more-to-2023-class