Maverick Rowan drafted #3 Overall by G-League

3,710 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sf59
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like he didn't stick on his team in Serbia. He got drafted #3 overall by the G-League Lakeland Magic ( affiliated with Orlando Magic.)
NatePait94
Great news! Hated that he didn't stick around but I am glad he is doing well
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
RowanWolf
Waived after only 3 games on a low level Serbian team and now in the G League? He might have been better off sticking around and earning a degree. Doesn't look like making pro basketball a lucrative career is going to happen. But, best of luck.
sf59
Still can't believe Coney Island let him out of his contract of hot dogs and video game tokens.
Chilkie
I don't know who advised him, but leaving early was obviously a huge mistake for Mav. I was very sorry to see him not finish up in Raleigh.
TheStorm
Listen guys, to be fair. If he got the higher end G-League salary and sticks for the entire season he can make $26K this season. What's not to like about that?
IseWolf22
TheStorm said:

Listen guys, to be fair. If he got the higher end G-League salary and sticks for the entire season he can make $26K this season. What's not to like about that?
I mean I'm not gonna argue that leaving early was the right decision for him, but didn't they raise salaries to $50-75K?
NCStateFanForLife
RowanWolf said:

He might have been better off sticking around and earning a degree.

Kid needed summer school as a 19-year old to even become college eligible.

I'm happy that he played for us while he did, but not everyone has the desire to do well in school.
sf59
TheStorm said:

Cant tell if serious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.