Dave Doeren Update On Mike Stevens

3,366 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheStorm
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Anything new on Mike Stevens?
It's a week-to-week thing. They were showing me video of him sprinting in the pool today so he is doing really good with his rehab. What that means, I don't know.

There was nothing the doctors needed to do surgery on. It was a soft-tissue recovery so we'll see how long that takes. Some guys are quicker healers than others.

We hope to have him back next week, but we may or maybe not. It may be two weeks, it may be three, but judging the recovery he's had so far, he's way ahead of schedule.

BP Cox
Staff
When they think he's ready they need to let him rest one more week to be safe.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
ncsualum05
That's good news but if he's out for this game then no need to rush him back before FSU. Should be able to handle Marshall and Furman without him. And maybe even wait till Cuse.
Redwolf
ncsualum05 said:

That's good news but if he's out for this game then no need to rush him back before FSU. Should be able to handle Marshall and Furman without him. And maybe even wait till Cuse.
Thats the question right. Do we throw him in the FSU game if he doesn't play earlier or do we sit him one more till Syracuse.
ForbinAscends
If he's ready, get him a few reps vs. Syracuse. Gets him some game speed, but not game speed like FSU has.
TheStorm
If he's ready... I'd like to get him some game time the week b e f o r e Florida State, if you know what I mean? Glad to hear they feel he is "ahead of schedule".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.