NC State folks: a Carolina grad comes in peace.
I realize I'm walking into enemy territory here, but I suspect some of you may find this interesting.
I've been involved in an effort asking UNC-Chapel Hill for greater transparency regarding research conducted at UNC before and during the emergence of COVID-19. We've put together an open letter to Chancellor Lee Roberts along with supporting documents so people can examine the underlying evidence for themselves.
I'm posting it here for two reasons.
First, this isn't really a partisan issue or a State-vs-Carolina issue. It's a question of whether a major public university should fully disclose what it knew, what research was being conducted, and what was communicated to government agencies.
Second -- and I say this with affection derived from my childhood at Carter-Finley -- I know Wolfpack people aren't generally burdened by an instinct to defend UNC.
I'd genuinely be interested in having technically minded people here poke holes in the argument. Read the letter and the evidence before deciding what you think.
If you agree with it, the letter can be signed by name or anonymously. You do not have to be affiliated with UNC or live in North Carolina:
https://carolinaflu.org/
And if you think we're wrong, tell me why. That's useful too.
George Howard
UNC '89
CarolinaFlu.org
I realize I'm walking into enemy territory here, but I suspect some of you may find this interesting.
I've been involved in an effort asking UNC-Chapel Hill for greater transparency regarding research conducted at UNC before and during the emergence of COVID-19. We've put together an open letter to Chancellor Lee Roberts along with supporting documents so people can examine the underlying evidence for themselves.
I'm posting it here for two reasons.
First, this isn't really a partisan issue or a State-vs-Carolina issue. It's a question of whether a major public university should fully disclose what it knew, what research was being conducted, and what was communicated to government agencies.
Second -- and I say this with affection derived from my childhood at Carter-Finley -- I know Wolfpack people aren't generally burdened by an instinct to defend UNC.
I'd genuinely be interested in having technically minded people here poke holes in the argument. Read the letter and the evidence before deciding what you think.
If you agree with it, the letter can be signed by name or anonymously. You do not have to be affiliated with UNC or live in North Carolina:
https://carolinaflu.org/
And if you think we're wrong, tell me why. That's useful too.
George Howard
UNC '89
CarolinaFlu.org