Trump Assassination Attempt

88,526 Views | 1362 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Very good video of the moments just before the shooting and including the shooting here in this tweet. A Secret Service guy with a huge rifle can be seen on the roof of a building behind Trump, reportedly looking in the direction where the shooter was located:

they are aiming there because they knew that was a spot that a shooter could be at. that is the counter sniper teams job. Watch the movie Shooter. The guy was not visible to them because he was climbing up other side of roof. local cops tried to engage and word is some did not have radio communication with SS....what a cluster.

One of the worst casting decisions ever. Mark Wahlberg is no Bob Lee Swagger.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
ncsupack1 said:

wolf5 said:

Just looking at it out of context today: a 20 year old with automatic rifle with no special scope nailed a single 400 ft shot with a 3-5 cm margin? That's pretty accurate. Hearing this kid was a registered Republican too. Makes it all the weirder.
He also donated to ACTBLUE, 15 dollars when he was 17.
he was also a member of his HS rifle team.....so he knows how to shoot.
ncsupack1
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

ncsupack1 said:

wolf5 said:

Just looking at it out of context today: a 20 year old with automatic rifle with no special scope nailed a single 400 ft shot with a 3-5 cm margin? That's pretty accurate. Hearing this kid was a registered Republican too. Makes it all the weirder.
I thought he didn't make the team? Maybe I read wrong.
wolf howl
He was also featured in a Blackrock ad a year ago so there's that.
flylike44
Bockwinkle said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-congressman-says-staff-member-no-longer-employed-dont-miss-next-time-post-after-trump-shooting

I'm sure they'll say "See??? She was fired!" So what? She posted it because she believed 100% that what she was posting wasn't off limits. Because for them, it isn't off limits. This was an optics firing from the sponsor of a bill that was intended to deprive Donald Trump of his security detail. LOL
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
dogplasma said:

Wolfpack8602 said:

dogplasma said:

wolf5 said:

It was multiple shots. Definitely will have to wait for details to try and understand more about motive. And also how a kid with a rifle was able to get where he got with time to fire. Outstanding job by secret service though. Maybe this will spur more discussion on gun control, but probably not. Can add this one to the mass shootings thread.

I think an outstanding job would have been to prevent the attacker from shooting in the first place but that's just me.
I'm talking about the response by the men and women around the podium to protect Trump. Obviously there will be questions about how the kid was able to take the position that he did and then get off his shots. I know SS protection isn't the same for candidates and ex-presidents as it is for sitting Presidents, but from the graphics that were shown most people's thought is that the rooftop used would have been covered. But most people (like me) aren't familiar with SS coverage requirements either.
Saw an interview this am and the SS around the president did everything right. Once they had the "MEATSHIELD" as he called it in place, they are to lay and protect the president until they get the all clear to move
wolf howl
To save me the trouble, can someone post the handles on this thread supporting what happened last night, or at least not strongly condemning it? I'd rather not read through it all to find the ones I will put on the ignore list.
Werewolf
wolf howl said:

To save me the trouble, can someone post the handles on this thread supporting what happened last night, or at least not strongly condemning it? I'd rather not read through it all to find the ones I will put on the ignore list.
Smapty, Dogplasma, Chem94 to name three.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
packofwolves said:

Watch the reaction of the two counter snipers when the shooter starts firing. Appears 3 shots fired by shooter before being taken out?

reporrts now say local law enforcement was trying to engage the shooter before he shot.....so may be that he was not exposed on roof until he tried to fire off some rushed shots and SS took him as soon as his head popped up
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Gulfstream4 said:

Werewolf said:

Video shows Secret Service long rifle marksman set up on rooftop next to Trump.

Did the SS guy on the big gun wait and allow the sniper to get his shots off at Trump and then took the sniper out to silence him?

I think this is a valid question.
i would think from the way i heard from the red beard guy that saw the shooter moving on the roof is that he was concealed until he popped up and fired......
Werewolf
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

Watch the reaction of the two counter snipers when the shooter starts firing. Appears 3 shots fired by shooter before being taken out?

reporrts now say local law enforcement was trying to engage the shooter before he shot.....so may be that he was not exposed on roof until he tried to fire off some rushed shots and SS took him as soon as his head popped up
Something very simple like firing your pistols in the air might have works for the locals. Incompetence.

Jury still out on the secret service. Was it buffoonery, or was it calculated and precisely timed to allow the 3 shots and then shut up the kid?
wolf howl
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

The fact the SS allowed access to roofs with direct line of sight angles to the stage is beyond a colossal failure. I guess the US Secret Service boss being a DEI hire from freaking Pepsi doesn't help out a lot here huh? And how does Trump have 3 women SHORTER than him on his detail? Any women tbh is too many but THREE? JFC.
Bockwinkle
wolf howl said:

Don't go to "the other board' full of people making "fun" of God for letting the bystander die.
Bockwinkle
ChemE94
Werewolf said:

wolf howl said:

Smapty, Dogplasma, Chem94 to name three.

I'm guilty of mocking the tinfoil hat crew for already posting random videos linking this to blackrock. That's it.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
ncsupack1 said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

ncsupack1 said:

wolf5 said:

I thought he didn't make the team? Maybe I read wrong.
well he did miss......
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Werewolf said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

Something very simple like firing your pistols in the air might have works for the locals. Incompetence.

Jury still out on the secret service. Was it buffoonery, or was it calculated and precisely timed to allow the 3 shots and then shut up the kid?
sounds like it was lack of having the proper people to secure the entire area and needing to rely on local cops who retreated down a ladder when they see a guy trying to shoot the former president.....pretty simple...that guy was not willing to fire his pistol at a dude pointing an AR his way
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
wolf howl said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

The fact the SS allowed access to roofs with direct line of sight angles to the stage is beyond a colossal failure. I guess the US Secret Service boss being a DEI hire from freaking Pepsi doesn't help out a lot here huh? And how does Trump have 3 women SHORTER than him on his detail? Any women tbh is too many but THREE? JFC.
from what i am readind/hearing the building was considered outside the permiter so local pd was responsible....lack of proper protection for certain events provided has been something that people have been speaking about for a while
WolfpackUSC
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wilson said:

Werewolf said:

152 yard shot per Greg Kelly with aerial........... wow, not a marksman and looked to be no winds. Trump is very lucky.

Rooftop not secured at 152 yards, pathetic!!

Yes, not a long shot by any standard.
Maybe bullet hit a teleprompter?
Dude is extremely lucky
No it's not, and the AR15 like its military cousin, the M16, isn't the most accurate thing past 150-200 meters. The maximum effective range of the M16 was always said to be 460 meters, but on many an Army firing range over the years, I found it tough to knock down pop-up targets past about 250 meters. I never achieved an Expert rating, but usually was able to attain Sharpshooter, the next best rating. There are far better rifles for precision shooting.

17 year old Marine recruits shoot an M-16 in bootcamp at 500 yards, about 450 meters or so.

It's accurate at those ranges.
My cousin just missed making marine sniper school. Ended up going the embassy security route. They are well trained and very accurate from distance. with any weapon

Absolutely
Semper Fi
packgrad
packgrad
FlossyDFlynt
packgrad said:

Man, I know times are changing when I agree with Bill Maher more and more as the years go on. Like many on either side, I still dont see eye to eye with a lot of what he says, but at least there is logic behind what he says
Bas2020
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

Werewolf said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

sounds like it was lack of having the proper people to secure the entire area and needing to rely on local cops who retreated down a ladder when they see a guy trying to shoot the former president.....pretty simple...that guy was not willing to fire his pistol at a dude pointing an AR his way

Supposedly the SS A team was with Jill Biden at some lightly attended event and Trump was given a cobbled together crew . Some talk that the counter snippers were a very late add to the detail .

Packchem91
wolf howl said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packofwolves said:

No drones? No LEO on that building? Makes zero sense
The lack of any statement from SS leadership so far is not reassuring (though I'm all for them taking right time to figure out what happened and how to prevent, their absence in the pressers is glaring)
Packchem91
Gulfstream4 said:

Flipping channels, it's humorous to me watching the MSM. They are all in on blaming law enforcement (and there is some justification for that) and looking for answers for a problem they are largely responsible for creating.

The bigger issue for me is the hateful language used by the MSM for the last eight years. Comparing President Trump to Hitler. Saying he's a dictator. Saying he's a Russian agent…etc.

The media has gone a long way in creating the hate in this country.

I think this is very fair. The talking heads even look angry all the time. No separation of emotion from telling the news and of course, "news" is not really news anymore, but either dem or rep propaganda-laced talking points injected into nearly every story
hokiewolf
Gulfstream4 said:

Flipping channels, it's humorous to me watching the MSM. They are all in on blaming law enforcement (and there is some justification for that) and looking for answers for a problem they are largely responsible for creating.

The bigger issue for me is the hateful language used by the MSM for the last eight years. Comparing President Trump to Hitler. Saying he's a dictator. Saying he's a Russian agent…etc.

The media has gone a long way in creating the hate in this country.
Gotta pay the bills somehow. Seriously, if you work in cable news, you shouldn't be making millions of dollars. You should make a good living and report accurately on interesting stories. This continual drive for ratings is detrimental to that mission
wolfbreath
What went wrong? How did Secret Service allow shooter to get so close to Trump?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/went-wrong-did-secret-allow-190034007.html

The FBI, state police and the U.S. Congress will be seeking to answer the many swirling questions.

Some of those questions: How did Donald Trump's would-be assassin gain a high-ground vantage point to fire off a potentially fatal head shot against the former president? Why didn't Secret Service counter-sniper teams neutralize Crooks before he got off so many rounds from his high-powered rifle, killing one Trump rally-goer and injuring two others?

Also, if Crooks had been flagged by local authorities for acting suspiciously as some media have reported, why was he then able to climb atop a nearby building with a rifle, firing a shot that grazed Trump's ear? And why did Secret Service agents allow Trump to stand back up defiantly and do three fist-pumps when it wasn't clear that the threat had been fully neutralized?
Packchem91
Gulfstream4 said:

wolf5 said:

This really was the worst thing to do in this election. The right, as unhinged as it's been since 2016 with its conspiracies, will reach a new level of out of control from this. Worst possible thing to do. This country is damaged from so much hate.

You can thank the America hating democrats for everything you just said.

Liz Cheney may disagree with you that this is some one-sided hate mongering
I'd dare say we could go back on this site and find calls of treason and warranting very negative consequences for her.

That said, I do think the Left has more negative impact because they have more control/interactions on social media, which is even more unhinged than mainstream media
GuerrillaPack
Saw this comment on an Instagram post...

Quote:

Imagine the highly trained secret service not spotting a gunman & positioning themselves where they can't see the full view of a roof that could be used by a shooter. After we know the secret service was supposed to scope out access points that could be used by shooters ahead of time. Yet common citizens with no training, no high powered binoculars, we're able to spot the shooter 2 1/2 to 3 minutes before he started shooting. They warned police and secret service who stood there like they went blind & deaf and didn't react immediately to protect Trump. Highly trained secret service. Yea, I'm not buying it.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Per this eyewitness, he saw the shooter on the roof and alerted police several minutes before he started firing:

https://instagr.am/p/C9aXqRhO1g9

Quote:

The more witnesses that emerge, the worse it gets for the secret service

Have they confirmed whether it was local police or the SS who actually shot and killed the assassin?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GetOffMyLawnPack
packgrad said:

I'm certainly no LEO expert, but I thought that policeman would already have his weapon ready, given the circumstance, and that once the other person starts to point a gun at LEO, the LEO empties the magazine into the other guy.

What am I missing?
Packchem91
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

packgrad said:

I'm certainly no LEO expert, but I thought that policeman would already have his weapon ready, given the circumstance, and that once the other person starts to point a gun at LEO, the LEO empties the magazine into the other guy.

What am I missing?

This would not be the first case in one of these types of public shootings where a shooter was confronted by an LEO who then failed to act
I say this realizing we should allow the whole story to play out, but there are several things here that don't look good
Oldsouljer
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

packgrad said:

What am I missing?

WE are missing something. Was it a large surface area with a lot of space between the two? Did the LEO have only a sidearm against which he would have been facing down someone in an open area armed with something that out-ranged him? Many questions.
ScreamingEagle
I think the police officer was hanging onto the side of the building trying to pull himself up. The shooter pointed his rifle at the officer who retreated, then opened fire on the president and crowd. At least that's the way I understood it.
GuerrillaPack

Former Secret Service agent (from 1999 to 2011) Dan Bongino says this was a "catastrophic failure" by the Secret Service:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.