ENCstyleBBQWolf's Cookin' Thread....

15,984 Views | 349 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ncsupack1
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Sunday afternoon, while watching the US Open, I plan on going with my usual Fathers Day meal…

Sabrett grilled to nicely charred
Patterson's Chili with a couple tablespoons of Honey
Wavey Lays
Bush's Original Baked Beans
Diet Coke

Making me hungry for dogs again Cary!

Haven't thought about adding honey to chili but see how it could be good if the chili is really savory.
An old friend of mine and I were down in his hometown of Gaffney, SC. We went to this old country store, that had a food stand. He told me about their chili using honey. Well, ever since then, I will add honey to my chili. I've settled on Pattersons as they are good enough (I think great) so I don't have to make my own…

My wife knows, on my birthday and Father's Day, that's my meal…. No need to do anything nice (out or whatever else) because that is my meal! I've said.. if I happen to be on death row and my last meal, well… that would be it…

Ha! It's def the simple stuff in life that's the best. Thanks for the tip and enjoy!
ncsupack1
Not sure what we are having, ate a lot today.
packgrad
Family beach trip starting next weekend. Thinking about doing a surf and turf for our night of cooking. For the turf part I'm thinking of doing a couple tomahawks, slicing up, and a chimichurri topper.

I have done a ton of smoking and a ton of grilling, but never a reverse sear. Considering that for the tomahawks. Looking for advice on method. For consideration on the method advice, we have a BGE at the beach house that it will be cooked on.

Thanks for tips.
ncsupack1
packgrad said:

Family beach trip starting next weekend. Thinking about doing a surf and turf for our night of cooking. For the turf part I'm thinking of doing a couple tomahawks, slicing up, and a chimichurri topper.

I have done a ton of smoking and a ton of grilling, but never a reverse sear. Considering that for the tomahawks. Looking for advice on method. For consideration on the method advice, we have a BGE at the beach house that it will be cooked on.

Thanks for tips.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
ncsupack1
Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Plus coffee.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. Plus coffee.
Same hear!, this morning…
ncsupack1
For Father's Day, beer, Bright Leaf hotdogs, burgers, and fries. Had to redeem myself on the burgers from the other night. Almost forgot, grilled corn.
ncsupack1
Haven't had much today, fridge night.
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Haven't had much today, fridge night.

Nothing wrong with fridge night! Wasting food is a cardinal sin.

Favorite fridge night catch-alls that use a bunch of rotting food are stir fry, homemade pizza, omelettes (breakfast for dinner is a house favey), or meatloaf/hobos (on grill or solo stove).

Grilling burgers tonight! Fresh sirloin from Fresh market with some sweet potato and standard fries.

TheStorm
Wife grilled me a jalapeno stuffed burger from HT tonight, while she had the onion / cheese stuffed one... don't get me wrong, their fine... but just get the straight hamburger patties next time hun, and let's just put the cheese / toppings, etc. on top ourselves?
ncsupack1
Had lunch today at nice little spot in Youngsville. Cool deli in downtown.
ncsupack1
Grilling some BBQ chicken tonight with rice and broccoli. Maker's for a drink.
Civilized
Burger Fi and Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA at airport to celebrate the start of a little break. Fam is hitting Switzerland, Italy, France for a long-awaited National Lampoon's Euro vacay.

Sporting the vintage strutting wolf as per usual to see if we get some wuffies thrown up on the way to Paris.

Catch you boys on the flip side!
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

Burger Fi and Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA at airport to celebrate the start of a little break. Fam is hitting Switzerland, Italy, France for a long-awaited National Lampoon's Euro vacay.

Sporting the vintage strutting wolf as per usual to see if we get some wuffies thrown up on the way to Paris.

Have fun and have a safe trip!
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Thanks man, pumped!!
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

Thanks man, pumped!!

Nice! Enjoy and take it in.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Had lunch today at nice little spot in Youngsville. Cool deli in downtown.
That would be Charron's Deli. Neighbors of mine run it. Yes, a great little deli.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Ha! Grilled two HUGE split chicken breasts last night with a McCormick's Dry Rub. I like my chicken juicier than most people and find that the bone-in breasts are the better way for me to go. No sides (it was a LOT of meat).

Savage Wolves from out of the freezer as the accompaniment.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Ha! Grilled two HUGE split chicken breasts last night with a McCormick's Dry Rub. I like my chicken juicier than most people and find that the bone-in breasts are the better way for me to go. No sides (it was a LOT of meat).

Savage Wolves from out of the freezer as the accompaniment.

Agree with the bone in.
ncsupack1
Anyone here know of any good pizza buy the slice places in the Garner / Raleigh area?
Civilized
ncsupack1 said:

Anyone here know of any good pizza buy the slice places in the Garner / Raleigh area?

Lilly's in Five Points
Frank's on New Bern Ave are my two faves

ETA Lilly's is more of a wood-fired gourmet ingredient approach. Frank's is a damn close proxy for Brother's Pizza. Lilly's also has a much better beer selection.

Love them both though.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Lilly's in Five Points

ETA Lilly's is more of a wood-fired gourmet ingredient approach. Frank's is a damn close proxy for Brother's Pizza. Lilly's also has a much better beer selection.

Love them both though.

Thanks! We have been looking around and just haven't found anything.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Lilly's in Five Points

Love them both though.

I need to try both. Camvilpack OTOB has also strongly endorsed Lilly's.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

ncsupack1 said:

Lilly's in Five Points

Love them both though.

I need to try both. Camvilpack OTOB has also strongly endorsed Lilly's.

I need to make plans.
ncsupack1
Grilling steaks tonight with lobster tails and potatoes. Tomorrow, going to smoke a pork shoulder, sides are grilled corn and grilled beans. Wanted to do some outdoor cooking.
FlossyDFlynt
Threw this on about an hour ago. Making pepper beef stout
ncsupack1
Looks good.
GetOffMyLawnPack
FlossyDFlynt said:

Like the coarse ground pepper
Civilized
FlossyDFlynt said:

How'd this turn out??
ncsupack1
^ Good question. Shoulder in on the smoking, my youngest helped this morning with everything. Good times.
FlossyDFlynt
Turned out very good. Makes excellent sandwiches and plenty of leftovers

FlossyDFlynt
And for today, doing biscuits and gravy from scratch here shortly for the Spanish GP, then on the leftover train for a bit
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

And for today, doing biscuits and gravy from scratch here shortly for the Spanish GP, then on the leftover train for a bit

Love biscuits and gravy.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Love biscuits and gravy.
Damn, what don't you like?
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Love biscuits and gravy.
Damn, what don't you like?

Not much…lol I gotta use a lot of discipline when it comes to cooking and eating.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.