2024 Elections

193,281 Views | 2826 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

BigBarryWood said:

Haven't most sane people been saying that for a while. Now that they know they are losing to Trump they are going all in on getting him removed. Biden is about to get the trump treatment if he doesn't back down.

Biden has been losing to Trump for a year.

What changed was after that disastrous debate, many Dems (accurately) think Biden's already-marginal chances of winning took an unrecoverable hit.

To be fair, Dems are a notorious circular firing squad who are always convinced that they're losing if they aren't 10% ahead, and this race is that on steroids. Also worth noting that even after the debate and the New York Times running 10 front page stories a day calling for Biden to be pushed out he's currently only 2% behind Trump (according to 538, a fairly unbiased poll aggregator).

I guess we're about to find out how unrecoverable it was.

Yeah 538 is great. Poll aggregation is the way to go for obvious reasons, it evens out bias via poll sampling from across the spectrum.

Even still, Trump support is notoriously hard to poll and consistently errs towards underrepresenting his actual ultimate electoral support. He consistently outperforms his polling.

Also, with the conservative electoral college advantage, national polls are fine for looking at trends but don't accurately forecast candidate win probability.

Clinton had a 4-point lead in national polling aggregates heading into Election Day 2016, finished with a 2-point lead, and still lost the election soundly because she got crushed in the swing states.

I'd worry more about swing state polling than national polling, and Trump is currently leading the polls in 5 of the 7 swing states

If 538 projections are currently accurate, with Biden trailing by 2, how would you handicap the horse race given polling lessons learned from 2016 and 2020?

Actual handicappers given Biden around a 20% chance to win currently and I just don't see why there's reason to think that's way off given the aforementioned factors.

They were both very weird years (first exposure to MAGA, and then the pandemic), so I don't think you can learn much from them. In 2022 the polls were far more accurate, and if anything overrepresented Republican chances (remember the "red wave" that didn't happen?). So who knows?
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

BigBarryWood said:

Haven't most sane people been saying that for a while. Now that they know they are losing to Trump they are going all in on getting him removed. Biden is about to get the trump treatment if he doesn't back down.

What changed was after that disastrous debate, many Dems (accurately) think Biden's already-marginal chances of winning took an unrecoverable hit.

To be fair, Dems are a notorious circular firing squad who are always convinced that they're losing if they aren't 10% ahead, and this race is that on steroids. Also worth noting that even after the debate and the New York Times running 10 front page stories a day calling for Biden to be pushed out he's currently only 2% behind Trump (according to 538, a fairly unbiased poll aggregator).

Yeah 538 is great. Poll aggregation is the way to go for obvious reasons, it evens out bias via poll sampling from across the spectrum.

Even still, Trump support is notoriously hard to poll and consistently errs towards underrepresenting his actual ultimate electoral support. He consistently outperforms his polling.

Also, with the conservative electoral college advantage, national polls are fine for looking at trends but don't accurately forecast candidate win probability.

Clinton had a 4-point lead in national polling aggregates heading into Election Day 2016, finished with a 2-point lead, and still lost the election soundly because she got crushed in the swing states.

I'd worry more about swing state polling than national polling, and Trump is currently leading the polls in 5 of the 7 swing states

If 538 projections are currently accurate, with Biden trailing by 2, how would you handicap the horse race given polling lessons learned from 2016 and 2020?

Actual handicappers given Biden around a 20% chance to win currently and I just don't see why there's reason to think that's way off given the aforementioned factors.

They were both very weird years (first exposure to MAGA, and then the pandemic), so I don't think you can learn much from them. In 2022 the polls were far more accurate, and if anything overrepresented Republican chances (remember the "red wave" that didn't happen?). So who knows?

We are just way too divided for landslides imo. Unless at some point a candidate comes along that brings folks together. Which I have a hard time seeing.
wolfbreath
Werewolf said:

#Sieve, is this your guy? Thank you in advance for your willingness to answer. Of course, #Nappy is no where to be found, LOL.

packgrad
More "right wing propaganda" confirmed

TheStorm
packgrad said:

I'm sure that the George Clooney comment is just another Republican AI-generated "cheap fake" as well...
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

BigBarryWood said:

The outlier is Trump elections. 538 and Nate Silver have talked about this a lot. Polls haven't accurately forecast elections he's in for a variety of factors, but the end result is they've both understated his eventual performance.

Maybe pollsters have finally dialed it in and that changes this cycle.
Big Sexy Pack
I feel bad for Joe. It's got to suck.
Werewolf
Roll call!!!
wolfbreath
Actor George Clooney, a high-profile Biden supporter and fundraiser, asks president to leave race

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-george-clooney-high-profile-152332163.html

Clooney said in a New York Times opinion piece that he loves Biden, but the party would lose the presidential race as well as any control in Congress with him as the nominee.

"This isn't only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I've spoken with in private," wrote Clooney.
FlossyDFlynt
wolfbreath said:

Actor George Clooney, a high-profile Biden supporter and fundraiser, asks president to leave race

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actor-george-clooney-high-profile-152332163.html

Clooney said in a New York Times opinion piece that he loves Biden, but the party would lose the presidential race as well as any control in Congress with him as the nominee.

"This isn't only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I've spoken with in private," wrote Clooney.
Id have a lot more respect for him if this came out after the fundraiser when everyone was questioning the videos from it. Saying all this now is purely CYA
smitt86
Was listening to a podcast recently that, essentially, predicted this would happen. Said that, despite whatever Biden says, he would not be the nominee after the DNC in August. Pointed out they agreed to have the debate earlier than they have in the past, in part because they knew Biden would struggle and they could get it out of the way and use it as leverage to get him off the ticket.

Now the wait to see if it'll be Kamala or someone else that they choose to run against Trump.
FlossyDFlynt
smitt86 said:

Was listening to a podcast recently that, essentially, predicted this would happen. Said that, despite whatever Biden says, he would not be the nominee after the DNC in August. Pointed out they agreed to have the debate earlier than they have in the past, in part because they knew Biden would struggle and they could get it out of the way and use it as leverage to get him off the ticket.

Now the wait to see if it'll be Kamala or someone else that they choose to run against Trump.
The only way that has even a remote prayer of working is if Biden steps down voluntarily, which I dont think Jill/Hunter will let happen. I think the Democrats are up the creek without a paddle at the moment.
smitt86
I think they're in on the deal and know he's cooked.

Bet he steps down for health reasons with the knowledge that if they can get another candidate in office, they'll take care of Hunter.
ncsualum05
FlossyDFlynt said:

smitt86 said:

The only way that has even a remote prayer of working is if Biden steps down voluntarily, which I dont think Jill/Hunter will let happen. I think the Democrats are up the creek without a paddle at the moment.
This is just magnificent to watch unfold. The most powerful democrats have already tried to initiate a plan for Biden to step aside but he is not playing ball b/c of Jill and Hunter. So the Bidens are now public enemy #1 to most of the democrat machine however given the way they set up this process they can't do anything about it if Biden (Jill that is) refuses to step down. They have the delegates. Democrats shut down any primary process. So the lack of respect for any real vote/ debate/ electoral process is now biting the kingmakers in the ass.

And here's another fun point... even if they do finally knock his ass out through whatever means maybe even his actual term now with 25th amendment... that means have deal with Kamala. And she's also the only one that could take his place and keep the campaign money given she's on the ticket... and a black female VP to boot. Trump wipes the floor with Kamala so this really doesn't give the dems a better chance to win. Their shady corruption is coming home to roost now.

I'm also pretty sure that it's too late to change ballots in some states, but usually democrats that run some of these states burn the laws in place and do whatever the **** they want anyway. The mass illegal vote is the only play here. We will see how much they can orchestrate.
BigBarryWood
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

I'm sure that the George Clooney comment is just another Republican AI-generated "cheap fake" as well...

Doesn't need to be. The party has officially turned on him and they are getting everyone they can involved in making what they want happen, happen. Hell this could have been their play from day one if him announcing.
BigBarryWood
Werewolf said:

Roll call!!!

Ha. Good fn luck
Gulfstream4
smitt86 said:

Man, I'm so old I remember when our liberal friends would say this is "a threat to our democracy". What changed?
wolfbreath
Bernie Sanders tells Biden to 'turn off the teleprompter' and let voters judge 'how well he's doing'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-tells-biden-turn-154608462.html

Sen. Sanders advised President Biden Monday that he should engage with voters without relying on tools like a teleprompter.

ncsupack1
wolfbreath said:

Bernie Sanders tells Biden to 'turn off the teleprompter' and let voters judge 'how well he's doing'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-tells-biden-turn-154608462.html

Sen. Sanders advised President Biden Monday that he should engage with voters without relying on tools like a teleprompter.

That's funny coming from him. I didn't even know Bernie was still a thing?
SmaptyWolf
BigBarryWood said:

Werewolf said:

Roll call!!!

Ha. Good fn luck

So the Democratic Party totally has the election rigged, but is also freaking out because they're not sure Biden can win. This all makes perfect sense!

Maybe now is a good time to admit that you're all full of it?
Gulfstream4
SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

Werewolf said:

Roll call!!!

Ha. Good fn luck

So the Democratic Party totally has the election rigged, but is also freaking out because they're not sure Biden can win. This all makes perfect sense!

Maybe now is a good time to admit that you're all full of it?

Both can but true, right? One thing I've noticed is the MSM is already seeding the ground with Russian and A.I. interface in the election.
Werewolf
BigBarryWood said:

Werewolf said:

Roll call!!!

Ha. Good fn luck
My thought was that the American people need a complete tabulation of the members of Congress who vote AGAINST this bill. It identifies any RINOs willing to vote against it and it allows for a possible vote YES from a handful of Democrats..........it's their opportunity to stand with the American people.

Pass it by a gnat's ass and then on to a roll call in the US Senate.
ncsupack1
Werewolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

Werewolf said:

Roll call!!!

Ha. Good fn luck
My thought was that the American people need a complete tabulation of the members of Congress who vote AGAINST this bill. It identifies any RINOs willing to vote against it and it allows for a possible vote YES from a handful of Democrats..........it's their opportunity to stand with the American people.

Pass it by a gnat's ass and then on to a roll call in the US Senate.
What is the difference in this bill compared to current law? I haven't read this bill so I don't know.
Werewolf
I do not know. Call it grandstanding by the SOH if you will but I think a specific yeah or nay from every single member would be appropriate. They can then explain it if any MSM will ask some tough questions "why"
ncsupack1
Werewolf said:

I do not know. Call it grandstanding by the SOH if you will but I think a specific yeah or nay from every single member would be appropriate. They can then explain it if any MSM will ask some tough questions "why"
Got ya. Thanks
Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf
House did pass the SAVE act on elections. 5 Democrats voted for it but 198 did not. They obviously want illegals voting. Or should I say they definitely want the ballots of illegals so they can fill them out.

https://truthsocial.com/@Charliekirk/posts/112764461065103658
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
ncsupack1
DrummerboyWolf said:

House did pass the SAVE act on elections. 5 Democrats voted for it but 198 did not. They obviously want illegals voting. Or should I say they definitely want the ballots of illegals so they can fill them out.

I'll ask you. What was in this bill that is different than current law? I haven't looked at this bill.
DrummerboyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I'll ask you. What was in this bill that is different than current law? I haven't looked at this bill.
El Lobo Loco posted this yesterday. I believe the gist is that to register you have to prove you are a citizen and not show a driver's license.

Werewolf
The 5 Dem yea votes could have been cast merely as cover if the outcome was already known. Need to know who the 4 Rep no votes were
DrummerboyWolf
Werewolf said:

The 5 Dem yea votes could have been cast merely as cover if the outcome was already known. Need to know who the 4 Rep no votes were
NV was non voting. There were 10 D's and 4 R's who did not vote.
Werewolf
ncsupack1
DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ElLoboLoco post this yesterday. I believe the gist is that to register you have to prove you are a citizen and not show a driver's lisence.

I see no problem with this. I also think one should show ID to vote.
DrummerboyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ElLoboLoco post this yesterday. I believe the gist is that to register you have to prove you are a citizen and not show a driver's lisence.

I agree. You have to have a photo ID to do pretty much anything. Should be the same for voting. Now handing out driver's licenses to everybody who crosses the border like they do in CA is not good. You have to prove that you are eligible to vote and are a citizen.
ncsupack1
DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I agree. You have to have a photo ID to do pretty much anything. Should be the same for voting. Now handing out driver's licenses to everybody who crosses the border like they do in CA is not good. You have to prove that you are eligible to vote and are a citizen.
Agree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.