2024 Elections

67,881 Views | 1407 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by caryking
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

This is the same ridiculous TDS that encompasses every post you make in regards to any post involving Trump, Biden, or Obama. You have no objectivity. You cheerlead lawsuits against him no matter how frivolous. Your straw men are plentiful and without fact as per usual.

Zzz

You're proving my point. No complaint about Trump is valid. It's all just TDS.

Let's have a contest.

Name all the potentially or clearly criminal behavior by Biden, Obama, and Bush.

Let's compare to Trump.

And you're proving my point. Hyperventilate a little more about, "he wants to be a dictator!!!"

I have no desire to participate in your contest. Unlike you, I don't keep a running tally of all the things that Obama or Biden did that I disagree with like you do with Trump. As a mature adult, I understand that presidents are going to say things I disagree with. Unlike you, I don't think we need to have a referendum every time they do.

I think nothing more signifies how deranged you are than wanting to have a who has been falsely accused of crimes more contest?

Do you think you having a hissy fit on the message board every time Trump says something you disagree with is "keeping him in check". I disagree. I think it's a derangement syndrome.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

'Deplorables' was catastrophic electorally for Hillary, one of that campaign's absolutely biggest blunders.

If you're Hillary in 2016 or Dems in 2024 you've got to figure out a way to say whatever you want to say that doesn't drive forgotten-feeling voters into the clown tent.

Biden did a good job of this in 2020, keep really hammering that inclusive messaging home.

I see. So Republicans are basically expected to behave like vile children at all times, saying far worse than "deplorables" on a daily basis about their "enemies", but Dems are held to a cartoonishly high "adult in the room" standard, such that any deviation from perfection is enough to drive everyone into the arms of the Mussolini-wannabe candidate, because that's the default for some reason? Gotcha.

Hillary lost because she was bad at campaigning, and because Bernie poisoned the well so that his army of lefties refused to vote for her. The "deplorables" thing was just Conservative Media 101... normally Dems give them nothing so they fill the airtime with inventing scandals... but when a Dem does finally makes a slight mistake, hoo boy! It's 24/7 coverage of Armageddon. "Deplorables!" "Hillary's emails!" "Umm, end of list, ok I guess let's go back to the made up pedophile stuff".
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

This is the same ridiculous TDS that encompasses every post you make in regards to any post involving Trump, Biden, or Obama. You have no objectivity. You cheerlead lawsuits against him no matter how frivolous. Your straw men are plentiful and without fact as per usual.

Zzz

Let's have a contest.

Name all the potentially or clearly criminal behavior by Biden, Obama, and Bush.

Let's compare to Trump.

he'll never do it because he knows it's wrong but he doesn't care to debate it

There, there snowflake. I don't see what there is to debate about it. I disagree with what he said. Do you agree with what he said? Or is the debate about whether I should hyperventilate like you TDS boys.

Let's debate.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Ok, now re-read the above and pretend it's from Obama's Twitter account. You see nothing wrong with this argument?

If Obama had been incessantly misrepresented, harassed and prosecuted, I would see why he would think that, but disagree

This is the same ridiculous circular logic loop that has allowed Trump to capture the right.

No matter how unethical, undemocratic, or illegal Trump's behavior is, calling him to task on it is simply an indication of the left's TDS. Doesn't matter if it's clearly unpresidential, undemocratic, unethical, or illegal. He should be above reproach, persecution, and prosecution. Any attempts to check his ridiculous behavior is framed as further evidence of him being victimized by the left, which allows him to escape consequences and further emboldens his behavior.

If Obama had behaved like Trump did, he too would have been harangued, criticized, and prosecuted. If you do illegal **** you should be called to task by the media and prosecuted by the justice system. Period.

To the judge's point, play out the scenario where that isn't the case.

Should Biden be able to commission Seal Team 6 to assassinate his political rival without fear or threat of prosecution?

Presidents that live without any fear of prosecution for their behavior while in office aren't presidents, they're dictators.

By the way, this is how you know that Trump actually believes that Biden and Dems are a bunch of boy scouts. Why would you be arguing for Presidential immunity to do any illegal thing you want up to and including assassinations when the other party currently occupies the White House?
hokiewolf
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Zzz

Let's have a contest.

Let's compare to Trump.

There, there snowflake. I don't see what there is to debate about it. I disagree with what he said. Do you agree with what he said? Or is the debate about whether I should hyperventilate like you TDS boys.

Let's debate.
Hey, look! You disagree with it! Me too, that's not TDS, but I think the debate is whether as a voter I should take that statement at face value. I think I should (which you claim to be TDS), you think we shouldn't, therefore that's the difference.

I liked some things Trump did, a lot I didn't. I think it's a mistake for him to be the conservative candidate because he is not a conservative. I also don't think he's Hitler - Hitler would have gotten Obamacare repealed
Appreciate responding.
packgrad
How do you think you're taking it at face value and I'm not? I'm sure he thinks that, particularly with all of the partisan witch hunts he has been subjected to. I don't think he's unique in that line of thinking as a president. Voicing it certainly differentiates him in that regard. But at the end of the day, who cares if he thinks that? That's not the way things work here so it doesn't really matter, and I'm sure he knows that too. Acting like this is something to really give a **** about certainly fits my TDS standard.

Hailey is not conservative either. Your vote certainly isn't due to that distinction.
packgrad
Werewolf
TIMBER

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
hokiewolf
Trump wants a Mike Pence type who won't upstage him and is loyal to him throughout. The only difference this time is he wants someone to remain loyal to him even as he sends a mob after them to kill them.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Trump wants a Mike Pence type who won't upstage him and is loyal to him throughout. The only difference this time is he wants someone to remain loyal to him even as he sends a mob after them to kill them.
That would be good for people like you, right?
On the illegal or criminal immigrantsā€¦

ā€œthey built the country, the reason our economy is growingā€

Joe Biden
packgrad
hokie posts stupid **** like that then says he doesn't have TDS. Lol.
BBW12OG
packgrad said:

In the history of message boards there has never been a bigger sniveling, whiny, spineless self-entitled liar than hokie.

It does my heart good to know that I have made the choice not to surround myself with entitled little spoiled *****s like him.

When backed in the corner and without mommy and daddy to come in and save the day he resorts to denying and lying... typical kid who never had to work for anything.

And that my friends is a FACT about ol'hokie..... born into it and I DARE him to deny it. Why do you think he can spend so much time during the day on a message board? Because mommy and daddy gave him a job that doesn't require him to do a damn thing.

Typical liberal...
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Your bad assumptions about me really tell me a lot about you.
caryking
BBW12OG said:

packgrad said:

In the history of message boards there has never been a bigger sniveling, whiny, spineless self-entitled liar than hokie.

It does my heart good to know that I have made the choice not to surround myself with entitled little spoiled *****s like him.

When backed in the corner and without mommy and daddy to come in and save the day he resorts to denying and lying... typical kid who never had to work for anything.

And that my friends is a FACT about ol'hokie..... born into it and I DARE him to deny it. Why do you think he can spend so much time during the day on a message board? Because mommy and daddy gave him a job that doesn't require him to do a damn thing.

Typical liberal...
BBW, whatcha doing? Haven't seen you in a while...

Joe Biden
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Hokie, I think I know where you are on issues. As I have said before, we are not that different. The place I think where we do differ is in this idea that the Country and World have a Global Elite.

This Global Elite has power (not granted; rather slowly taken) to manage things outside the rules of law. Eventually, the laws get created, that support their management. (no, Civ... I'm not going to state those laws as you want get it, if I do).

So, I really want a true free-market economy. I also want some protections, for the American worker. I really don't care as much about other country's, until our need to served.

The total elimination, of Global Elites, will allow for a true free-market, with some protections.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Cary, I've never had in my 24 years of my career or in my adult life have someone stop me, tell me they are from the "Global Elite " and they are here to prevent me from doing anything that is my right or of free will.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, I think I know where you are on issues. As I have said before, we are not that different. The place I think where we do differ is in this idea that the Country and World have a Global Elite.

This Global Elite has power (not granted; rather slowly taken) to manage things outside the rules of law. Eventually, the laws get created, that support their management. (no, Civ... I'm not going to state those laws as you want get it, if I do).

So, I really want a true free-market economy. I also want some protections, for the American worker. I really don't care as much about other country's, until our need to served.

The total elimination, of Global Elites, will allow for a true free-market, with some protections.

Yes, and my daughter wants a unicorn for Christmas. It's obvious that both of you have a profound lack of understanding about how the world works or have even thought through the ramifications of what you're asking. In my daughter's defense, she's 9 years old.

Whoopsie, was that condescending?
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

DeSantis suspends his campaign and endorses Trump. He also slams Nikki Haley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis-ends-presidential-bid-201129134.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

According to Ron, Republicans "can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."

"Warmed-over corporatism" is the worst thing you can say about Haley, and somehow that's worse for America than a President that attacks democracy itself?

Interesting analysis, Ron.
Civ, I know you will never vote for a Republican and that's okā€¦. That said, people like Hokie are in the minority within the Republican Party.

I've said it beforeā€¦ no candidate is perfect! Trump isn't perfect! Trump represents a feeling, in this country, by many that are tired of the corporatists controlling things. Corporatists, Wall Street, International Organizations, want nothing less than maintaining control and keeping people hanging onā€¦

Don't believeā€¦ I suggest trying different media. Mix it in with mainstream stuff, then you will understand the sentiment of many.
Which is sad because I don't have the following ideals as my governing principles for selecting candidates:

1. An apocalyptic world view - America is ending or is over and it's all going down. And if it's all going down, who are we to quarrel about James Madison's intent and the meaning of federalism? Given these "high stakes", we can't afford to have discussion and compromise. It's also funny to me that most of you hate the media, yet the media is what fuels this current apocalyptic view you have of America and you choose to dive right into it rather than reject this obvious driven narrative as absolute.

2. Negative partisanship demands very little of itself and it's very emotionally rewarding.

And these two concepts marry up very well. It can be summed up this way: "America is ending, it is THEIR fault, all we have to do is to try and stop them". And instead of taking the time to understand and develop a true conservative agenda and legislation - which also includes as the founding fathers intended - rigorous debate and COMPROMISE (oh no, that evil word!), instead of that stuff, it's just really easy to say if the other people win, the world will end, therefore the other people must not be allowed to stay.

What's the one thing I keep seeing here that you guys really like about Trump - and it's also backed up with polling is that Trump is STRONG! He's Virile! He smashes his enemies in front of him! That approach lines up very well with that apocalyptic negative partisanship.

What America has lost is our amazing strength of middle brow tendency, the expectation that elite ideas existed not just for the elite to turn into policies to scold the lower classes with and enjoy the benefits only for themselves while denying it to others, but, the reason why America is so different is that we have REJECTED this premise time and time again and held steady and proven these ideas are for everyone!

This middle brow was the "border wall" that protected America from popular uprisings, radicals on either side, and elite disdain for the common man. Over the history of the US, those ideals have challenged the American experiment and time and time again America has risen to get to a better place. I fear now that that has been lost, because the middle is far more receptive to the radicalized notions from what's coming beneath than respectful of anything that is coming from above.

That's because you feel like rubes! You've done the right thing, you've made a good living, paid your taxes, gone to church, if they were immigrants they came here legally and they want to be Americans. You followed all the rules. And you were generally able to stay out of politics.

But cultural war politics the last 20-30 years has it impossible for you not to play into the culture war. Your drafted constantly against your will. You're told things that what you believe and what you do should make you feel ashamed for being racist or sexist. So the easy answer is to burn it all down! It's no longer worth the consideration that the complete destruction of all temples and norms of the federalist experiment will make us all worse off then the current perception that those of you with an apocalyptic negative partisanship view have.

Your tribalism to rally around a most imperfect presidential candidate and to waive off any and all things that Trump has done in the last 7 years to clearly disqualify him from a public office, especially that of President of the United States makes me believe that you all are the ones fiddling while Rome is burning.

Your Presidential Candidate/Deity is going to fail you in the end, and it's going to lead to consequences for America that you probably didn't take the time to think through or understand. And that is why I hate populist movements. They are not based in careful thought and debate. They ingest the people who rally to the worst and ingest them like an out of control forest fire into illiberal thought and actions. You have become what you have mocked the far left for being and you don't see it.
Hokie, where did you get that diatribe?

Remember, it took a raucous crowd, in the 1700's, to make this federalist experiment! It's funny how these, supreme, all knowing writers, can refer to Trump as a Deity. When someone uses that as a description, of another individual, walking this earth, other than Jesus, that shows me they don't get itā€¦

Instead, maybe you should listen to the epitome of the corporatist, Jamie Dimonā€¦

CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday praised former President Donald Trump's record and admonished Democrats to be "more respectful" of Trump's supporters, or else risk hurting President Joe Biden's reelection bid.

"I wish the Democrats would think a little more carefully when they talk about MAGA," Dimon said on CNBC's "Squawk Box," referencing Trump's supporters by the acronym of his "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan.

Biden has warned that Trump and "MAGA Republicans" pose an existential threat to American democracy. But he has also tried to distinguish between Trump's most hardline supporters and "mainstream Republicans," who Biden says make up a majority of the party.

"I think this negative talk about MAGA is going to hurt Biden's election campaign," Dimon said from the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

Dimon argued that using the phrase "MAGA" incorrectly links Trump's supporters to the former president's personality and character. Democrats "are basically scapegoating them, [saying] that you are like him," Dimon said. "I don't think they're voting for Trump because of his family values," he said. The remarks by Dimon, who has donated to Democratic candidates but previously described himself as "barely a Democrat," came two days after the former president trounced his few remaining Republican rivals in the Iowa caucuses.

In November, Dimon heaped praise on one of Trump's challengers, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, who finished third in Iowa on Monday.

Dimon also gave Trump credit for his policy record.

"Take a step back, be honest. He was kind of right about NATO, kind of right on immigration. He grew the economy quite well. Trade tax reform worked. He was right about some of China." "He wasn't wrong about some of these critical issues, and that's why they voted for him," Dimon said. Asked which candidate would be better for his business, Dimon said, "I have to be prepared for both. I will be prepared for both. We will deal with both."
"And I hope whoever it is will be respectful of other people," he added.

The White House did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment on Dimon's remarks.

I mean, isn't Dimon just saying Dem elites shouldn't think of MAGAs as deplorables?

He's clearly right about that, that was some elitist **** that never served any productive purpose. There's a way better way to say what Clinton may have been trying to say that didn't give Pubs talking points about how out of touch lots of Dem elites are (which is true).

But I completely disagree with Dimon downplaying Trump's personality as being a huge part of his gravity as a politician. Most people from either party couldn't name a single policy that their president championed; their vote is more based on personality, feel, general agenda, and most importantly partisanship.
Isn't that really the problem? Pubs dont need talking points based on Hillary's words; rather, it's damn near everything they say and/or do that's so condescending. Just look at Smapty for a local example.

Trumps personality is part of the draw, no doubt. I think what Dems are missing is that his words give Pubs the feeling of being in the room. Civ, your world view (I know you don't like that) essentially prohibits you from seeing what the average Joe seesā€¦

That last statement is what is really driving this whole thing!!

Once upon a time most conservatives were sensible gun owners who cared about hunting and home defense. Now they're decked out head to toe in tactical gear with an arsenal of assault weapons, all to prepare for a potential battle with the federal government or something.

Once upon a time most conservatives cared about conservative principles and actually governing. Now, despite our country being the most successful on the planet by far, all they can think about is "burning it all down" and cheering for our nation's enemies.

Once upon a time most conservatives cared about facts and data, and rational political debates could be had that reigned in the loonies of either political extreme. Now those conservatives have been completely captured by nonsensical propaganda over the last couple decades that has fueled their rage into the stratosphere, and insulated them from any outside source of truth.

Sorry man, the problem ain't us. The problem is YOU. There is no rational conversation left to be had with you guys (though to their credit Civ and Haokie still try). Personally the only reason I bother chiming in here at all is for the folks who read this board but don't comment, so they'll know they aren't alone in thinking you guys are nuts.
packgrad
Smapty is such a good little fascist.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

I thought I was a communist? Oh wait, I guess that's Cary now, who wants to "eliminate the global elites". Karl Marx would be proud.
packgrad
And lol that the fascist moron considers the pretindependent and "conservative" hokie allies. TDS is such a uniter.
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

Ha Ha...

Can't deny a damn thing I said about you still can you?

You are who you are and you've proven it on this site more than once.

Now run along and let the grown ups talk.

I'm sure mommy and daddy have some "chores" for you to do before you get to play on your computer and pretend to be a contributing member of the community.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Once the "paid poster(s)" started here like they do over on PP it's not worth the time or the effort.

The RCS model of doing business ran that place into the ground and apparently here getting paid to post "X" number of times a day to drive board traffic seems to be the model.

Doing well... I'll hit you up soon!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
You are just angry because you're on the back 9 of your life and you haven't accomplished as much as I have in my career or in the community I live in. It's ok, you just have to let that go and accept your lot in life. Some people make an impact, others benefit from that impact. I am the former, you are the latter
packgrad
Wonder how much Trump wins by tonight.
caryking
packgrad said:

He's an idiot that thinks he knows how the world really works. What he isā€¦ part of the problem!

Joe Biden
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Cary, I've never had in my 24 years of my career or in my adult life have someone stop me, tell me they are from the "Global Elite " and they are here to prevent me from doing anything that is my right or of free will.

Hokie, let's just start at the WEF. How many of those have you run into? Probably none, right. Are they stopping their goals?

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, let's just start at the WEF. How many of those have you run into? Probably none, right. Are they stopping their goals?
Since you've clearly thought this through, maybe you could help me out.

One assumes the "global elites" running the WEF and everything else are the richest and most powerful people on the planet. So you want to "get rid of them" by getting rid of all the governments and regulations that keep their monopolies in check? That'll show 'em!
caryking
Ok, folksā€¦ here you go. This is starting to get some play. If this is a real recording, this should make you all feel uncomfortableā€¦

Joe Biden
packgrad
Werewolf
Good find.........LOL. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him though.
caryking
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Zzz

Let's have a contest.

Let's compare to Trump.

Let's debate.
Start hereā€¦

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2014/mar/19/kesha-rogers/four-us-citizens-killed-obama-drone-strikes-3-were/

Joe Biden
caryking
caryking said:

Ok, folksā€¦ here you go. This is starting to get some play. If this is a real recording, this should make you all feel uncomfortableā€¦

I'm not sure, everyone realizes, how big this isā€¦. You know, people like me, talk about the swamp, cabals, deep state, and whatever. We talk about it, now here it is, on tapeā€¦

I've said the Republican Party is horrible, to me, this just proves itā€¦

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Excellent find! She's the real deal..............and this clip perfectly describes our battle and who we battle.

The battle is over the death or survival of the American dream. It is about enslavement or personal sovereignty.

Its why I have such personal disdain for people like the Gobbler.
packgrad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.