2024 Elections

227,448 Views | 3008 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by caryking
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#Sieve, identifying the bad actors to the extent they can be prosecuted is the 2nd side of the two-sided coin, #devolutoin.

SmaptyWolf
Three weeks ago when congress was trying to pass a CR to fund the government, it'll come as a shock to no one that the Republican hardliners refused to give FEMA the funds it needs:

Quote:

Republicans in disaster-prone states, eager to present a united front during government funding talks, are shrugging off a disaster aid cliff - even as a storm barrels toward the Gulf Coast.

...."Disasters happen," said Florida Republican Rep. Mario Daz-Balart, chair of the State-Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, when asked about Johnson's continuing resolution.... "I'm not too concerned at this stage."
That CR failed so they had another chance to do the right thing last week. Nope:

Quote:

Lawmakers from disaster-prone states - on both sides of the aisle - were aghast this week at the lack of additional dollars for FEMA's already depleted disaster relief fund and other federal disaster programs.

As the House and Senate's top four leaders met last weekend to negotiate a deal to keep the government funded, they were forced to acquiesce to the demands of Congress' most conservative fiscal hawks, whose votes were thought to be pivotal for passage.... The funding omission was made all the more striking by the fact that lawmakers were leaving Washington two days ahead of schedule, in part because of the hurricane.
So Republicans refused disaster aid EVEN WITH A HURRICANE BARRELING TOWARD THE COAST! But of course they aren't missing a chance to pretend that Dems are somehow ignoring the crises.

Seriously, fu** these guys. They are literally the worst.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Three weeks ago when congress was trying to pass a CR to fund the government, it'll come as a shock to no one that the Republican hardliners refused to give FEMA the funds it needs:

Quote:

Republicans in disaster-prone states, eager to present a united front during government funding talks, are shrugging off a disaster aid cliff - even as a storm barrels toward the Gulf Coast.

...."Disasters happen," said Florida Republican Rep. Mario Daz-Balart, chair of the State-Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, when asked about Johnson's continuing resolution.... "I'm not too concerned at this stage."
That CR failed so they had another chance to do the right thing last week. Nope:

Quote:

Lawmakers from disaster-prone states - on both sides of the aisle - were aghast this week at the lack of additional dollars for FEMA's already depleted disaster relief fund and other federal disaster programs.

As the House and Senate's top four leaders met last weekend to negotiate a deal to keep the government funded, they were forced to acquiesce to the demands of Congress' most conservative fiscal hawks, whose votes were thought to be pivotal for passage.... The funding omission was made all the more striking by the fact that lawmakers were leaving Washington two days ahead of schedule, in part because of the hurricane.
So Republicans refused disaster aid EVEN WITH A HURRICANE BARRELING TOWARD THE COAST! But of course they aren't missing a chance to pretend that Dems are somehow ignoring the crises.

The right has no policy platform anymore.

It's all "build a wall," "cut taxes and spending" and "rail against whatever the Dems want to do."

The Republican party is just not serious about governing and crafting thoughtful policy at this stage. It's all anti-immigration rhetoric, anti-woke emotion, and culture war.
Gulfstream4
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Quote:

Quote:

It's all "build a wall," "cut taxes and spending" and "rail against whatever the Dems want to do."

The Republican party is just not serious about crafting thoughtful policy at this stage. It's all anti-immigration rhetoric, anti-woke emotion, and culture war.

And the left is woke, hate America and class warfare. Russia-Russia-Russia. Some comparison to Hitler. Oligarch! Threat to democracy!1
packgrad
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Quote:

Quote:

The Republican party is just not serious about crafting thoughtful policy at this stage. It's all anti-immigration rhetoric, anti-woke emotion, and culture war.

lol at the science denying ****** boy talking about a "culture war". Zero self awareness. Trump is visiting areas damaged by the storm and bringing money and supplies. His woke ****tard team is worrying about fundraising, vibe, taking pics with unplugged earphones and blank pages while "taking notes". Democrats like clownfish and those he supports are not serious people. Zero substance. Zero integrity.
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Quote:

Quote:

And the left is woke, hate America and class warfare. Russia-Russia-Russia. Some comparison to Hitler. Oligarch! Threat to democracy!1

Nice try.

The left is basically all the legislation Biden got passed in his first term. That's what actual governance looks like.

You know, unlike Trump did while President, which was spend a little time cutting taxes and the rest on grievance and bluster and not filling staff positions and not working hard to help craft and lobby for legislation and not governing.

Gulfstream4
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Quote:

Quote:

Nice try.

The left is basically all the legislation Biden got passed in his first term. That's what actual governance looks like.

You know, unlike Trump did while President, which was spend a little time cutting taxes and the rest on grievance and bluster and not filling staff positions and not working hard to help craft and lobby for legislation and not governing.

Nice try.

CNN talking points. Great legislation on the border, inflation, never ending wars. Something-something Trump.
packgrad
Vote accordingly.
Gulfstream4
packgrad said:

Vote accordingly.

All true but at least we don't have mean tweets1!
Werewolf
Gulfstream4 said:

packgrad said:

Vote accordingly.

All true but at least we don't have mean tweets1!
yep, that toxic masculinity is a real turn off!!! Programmed by the media, by Hollywood, by our govt institutions and new laws (Human Resources, for instance).
Bas2020
Werewolf
The quote "The government closest to the people serves the people best" is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson, but it was actually Henry David Thoreau who said "That government is best which governs least" in his essay on "Civil Disobedience"1. Jefferson wrote to Alexander Donald in 1788 that "Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights"

Govt closest to the people serves the people best. Dismantle this deep state tyrannical federal govt today.
caryking
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Quote:

Quote:

The Republican party is just not serious about governing and crafting thoughtful policy at this stage. It's all anti-immigration rhetoric, anti-woke emotion, and culture war.
Actually, it's it does include illegal immigration rhetoric, with actually policy.

It does include the woke erosion of society.

It does include the culture war. BTW, woke erosion and culture war really do collide a lot.
Bas2020
Gulfstream4
Bas2020 said:

(Just what I said on the Harris thread)

Insert far left talking points
-Civ
ncsualum05
Vance was masterful last night. I wish VP had more significance to the voters and general public after seeing that. I don't know if it'll matter for the election. But damn... if you want someone who can articulate policy or help craft policy that guy should give you confidence that he knows his ***** You can take Trump, Harris, and Walz and none of them know how to articulate a policy detail or how things will work. They all suck at debating and I'm saying this as a Trump supporter. Vance is far and away the most intelligent and substantive of all 4 VP and presidential candidates in this race.

What gives me absolutely the most confidence in my vote for Trump this go around is that I think he finally has a superior team around him with Vance, Vivek, RFK, and others. I just hope he can push his ego aside enough to let these guys cook should they win b/c it'll be a great administration if so.
SmaptyWolf
ncsualum05 said:

Vance was masterful last night. I wish VP had more significance to the voters and general public after seeing that. I don't know if it'll matter for the election. But damn... if you want someone who can articulate policy or help craft policy that guy should give you confidence that he knows his ***** You can take Trump, Harris, and Walz and none of them know how to articulate a policy detail or how things will work. They all suck at debating and I'm saying this as a Trump supporter. Vance is far and away the most intelligent and substantive of all 4 VP and presidential candidates in this race.

What gives me absolutely the most confidence in my vote for Trump this go around is that I think he finally has a superior team around him with Vance, Vivek, RFK, and others. I just hope he can push his ego aside enough to let these guys cook should they win b/c it'll be a great administration if so.

• "he finally has a superior team around him with Vance, Vivek, RFK, and others"
  • "I just hope he can push his ego aside"
I'm not sure which of those two statements is funnier. Good lord you guys are on another planet.
Bas2020
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

• "he finally has a superior team around him with Vance, Vivek, RFK, and others"
I'm not sure which of those two statements is funnier. Good lord you guys are on another planet.

Joe Biden's "team" right now consists of Jill Biden, his crack head addicted son Hunter, and Kamala "Word Salad" Harris.

You live on a planet yet to be discovered.
ncsualum05
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Well I'm being honest. I'm a Trump supporter but not a mindless cheerleader. I don't care for politicians platitudes regardless. I think Trump is by far the best choice for America but that doesn't mean I'm blind to his flaws as a person or his personality traits. I also am aware that a lot of Americans have a pretty strong dislike and even hatred for Trump which basically means a good portion of the electorate is voting on emotion versus issues. But I don't see how you can argue his team is full of talented smart individuals. The current administration and Harris is completely incompetent or they don't care but I'd say both. If you only watch left wing corporate propaganda media then you've probably never even heard JD or Vivek speak.
Oldsouljer
Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Joe Biden's "team" right now consists of Jill Biden, his crack head addicted son Hunter, and Kamala "Word Salad" Harris.

I get the distinct impression that Harris is not on team Biden.
Werewolf
The Trump documentary being prepared for historical purposes.....

Senator Mike Lee interviewed by Tucker Carlson....good stuff!

ncsualum05
Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

I think you make an interesting point here and I've noticed that the election theme from Harris campaign is a separation and "new start" from her own administration. Nice try but you really can't separate from your current position and you are part of Biden as you were elected on his ticket in 2020. She really changes positions as the wind blows and is a complete phony. And everyone who isn't completely dependent on MSM knows that.

Imagine a republican VP candidate in that same boat, undercutting their own administration and trying to separate themselves like a change candidate. If you think the hyperventilating on MSNBC is bad now... imagine that scenario.
TheStorm
ncsualum05 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

I think you make an interesting point here and I've noticed that the election theme from Harris campaign is a separation and "new start" from her own administration. Nice try but you really can't separate from your current position and you are part of Biden as you were elected on his ticket in 2020. She really changes positions as the wind blows and is a complete phony. And everyone who isn't completely dependent on MSM knows that.

Imagine a republican VP candidate in that same boat, undercutting their own administration and trying to separate themselves like a change candidate. If you think the hyperventilating on MSNBC is bad now... imagine that scenario.
Her and Biden both work for the same people. Nothing is going to change. If she wins, it will only get worse...
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Her and Biden both work for the same people. Nothing is going to change. If she wins, it will only get worse...
I think my original point needs clarification…I meant that I don't think they've ever been personally close since he picked her as a politically expedient VP, she's not part of the Biden family grifting operations, and her usefulness to Biden is coming to a close, such that he's a winner if she loses because his ego and that of his family members want to be able to strike back at Obama and Pelosi for forcing him out.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

I think my original point needs clarification…I meant that I don't think they've ever been personally close since he picked her as a politically expedient VP, she's not part of the Biden family grifting operations, and her usefulness to Biden is coming to a close, such that he's a winner if she loses because his ego and that of his family members want to be able to strike back at Obama and Pelosi for forcing him out.
That sounds like a plausible scenario…
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Which is why I also think he's not invoking Taft-Hartley…the longer the strike goes on, the better for him.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

ncsualum05 said:

Oldsouljer said:

Bas2020 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsualum05 said:

Which is why I also think he's not invoking Taft-Hartley…the longer the strike goes on, the better for him.
Jill probably was the only person that wanted the White House.
Werewolf

We have entered the most dangerous phase of the election.

The momentum shift has happened and Trump is leading and his support is rapidly accelerating.

I'm hearing it everywhere, even where I was not before.

Democrats will do anything to stop him.

Anything.

They've already been trying to put him in prison and literally assassinate him.

What comes next?

More assassination attempts?

Will they delay the election?

Be prepared.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Evidence discovered about encryption keys nationally and submitted to the Federal 9th Circuit and SCOTUS will be presented in Georgia tomorrow.
packgrad
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

LOL, not that I don't like Vance but these days, what's "normal".
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

packgrad said:

LOL, not that I don't like Vance but these days, what's "normal".
Transgenderism! Isn't that normal?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.