2024 Elections

84,903 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Civilized said:

What do presidents have to do with interest rates or gas prices?
Please tell us…
Maybe the better question is, what do interest rates and gas prices have to do with Presidents?
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Maybe the better question is, what do interest rates and gas prices have to do with Presidents?
Yep…

The answer to the question is simple…. I'm still looking for Civ to comment…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Yep…

Why are we playing games here?

The President has very little to do with either.

If you think that's wrong, explain what policies Trump or any other President implemented that had significant effect on either.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Yep…

If you think that's wrong, explain what policies Trump or any other President implemented that had significant effect on either.
Civ, you will not agree with this and you will provide data that isn't relevant; however, I'll go...

Biden absolutely has slowed our energy production. You will show things, like leases, etc... that said, production is down in the US, by our domestic drillers.

Biden signed bills into Law that have negatively affected our deficit that turns in debt. Printed money has caused significant inflation; therefore, that's how he has affected things. Now, I don't blame him alone as it took, both Pubs and Dems, to create these bills (except a "BIG" few since he's been office) that he signed into law.

Biden hasn't shown any restraint on signing bills...

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Yep…

Civ, you will not agree with this and you will provide data that isn't relevant; however, I'll go...

Biden absolutely has slowed our energy production. You will show things, like leases, etc... that said, production is down in the US, by our domestic drillers.

Biden signed bills into Law that have negatively affected our deficit that turns in debt. Printed money has caused significant inflation; therefore, that's how he has affected things. Now, I don't blame him alone as it took, both Pubs and Dems, to create these bills (except a "BIG" few since he's been office) that he signed into law.

US oil production dipped sharply during COVID and has ramped back up and now exceeds pre-COVID production. Where is the evidence of consequential slowing of production?

We've gone over the stimulus issue. The government was much too slow to stimulate the economy during the Great Recession and didn't want to repeat that disaster. Was the last COVID stimulus too much? Maybe, but that's only clear in hindsight. Also, every developed nation has struggled with inflation over the last few years and our inflation rate is better than most every other similar nation.

What would Trump have done or not done to consequentially improve inflation when our inflation is already better than most other first-world nations?
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Yep…

US oil production dipped sharply during COVID and has ramped back up and now exceeds pre-COVID production. Where is the evidence of consequential slowing of production?

We've gone over the stimulus issue. The government was much too slow to stimulate the economy during the Great Recession and didn't want to repeat that disaster. Was the last COVID stimulus too much? Maybe, but that's only clear in hindsight. Also, every developed nation has struggled with inflation over the last few years and our inflation rate is better than most every other similar nation.

What would Trump have done or not done to consequentially improve inflation when our inflation is already better than most other first-world nations?
A couple of thoughts:

The graph certainly appears to be correct. I couldn't find anything to dispute the info; therefore, my point above needs to be corrected...

I wasn't in favor of any of the COVID stimulus programs. I believe the economy will work its way out of any situation.

Now, I think some of the bills passed, by Democrats (Inflation Reduction Act, etc...) was way out of line, for the country.

I don't like to compare the US Economy with other Economy's as ours is the most dynamic one, on the planet, that is... if we can hang on...

I have no idea what Trump would have done. I would hope he realized that the stimulus, he signed, was good enough for the time. Also, I would hope he would have encouraged the continuing of tightening, at the Federal Reserve. What happened in his first couple of years? I think 2T+ dollars was removed from the Feds Balance Sheet...

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Please tell us…
Yep…

Inflation has now mostly dropped back down to pre-pandemic levels... perhaps you could use your macroeconomics expertise to help us understand how Biden's bills suddenly stopped causing inflation?

It could be argued that temporary pandemic stimulus could have had a role in the inflation spike (even though it was a global phenomenon), but guess what? A big chunk of that stimulus was signed into law by Trump! I imagine you're very mad at him, too.
hokiewolf
Here's a good and very plausible scenario for all you America first folks

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Yawn.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

We have an emotional relationship, based on our Biblical World View, for Israel. We should support them financially. Israel is perfectly capable of handling themselves militarily.

Taiwan, on the other hand, we have a vital national interest with them. I'm sure you know what that is…

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

We have an emotional relationship, based on our Biblical World View, for Israel. We should support them financially. Israel is perfectly capable of handling themselves militarily.

Taiwan, on the other hand, we have a vital national interest with them. I'm sure you know what that is…
Our relationship with Israel is a lot more strategic than Biblical.

Israel is a bastion of democracy and secular rule of law in a region that would otherwise be overrun by Muslim theocracies, Sharia law, and jihadism.

The concept of the US pushing Western ideals into regions that are not receptive does not have a track record of success, but us being allied with and otherwise supporting a self-selecting Western-style democracy that's aligned with the US already in such a region makes all kinds of strategic sense.
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Israel is a bastion of democracy and secular rule of law in a region that would otherwise be overrun by Muslim theocracies, Sharia law, and jihadism.

The concept of the US pushing Western ideals into regions that are not receptive does not have a track record of success, but us being allied with and otherwise supporting a self-selecting Western-style democracy that's aligned with the US already in such a region makes all kinds of strategic sense.
I actually agree with you here.
caryking
jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I actually agree with you here.
Yea… Civ speaking truth this morning!

Joe Biden
Civilized
Sun even shines on a dog's ass some days.

Merry Christmas, boys.
caryking
Civilized said:

Merry Christmas, boys.
Merry Christmas, Civ!!

Joe Biden
FlossyDFlynt
Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

This has actually been my argument as to why the USA should be backing Israel in their war. They are basically our only ally in the area. For that reason alone, we should be doing what we can to help them. There are many other reasons we should back them, but at the end of the day, its basically the only country in the region that holds similar ideals to us
SmaptyWolf
Great! Now do we need to go through why it's just as vitally important to our national interests to make sure Ukraine doesn't lose their war, why Putin is most definitely not our friend, and why the U.S. withdrawing from NATO would be extremely bad for our national security? Republicans seem to be confused on this topic lately.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Merry Christmas, boys.
Civ is having a good day. Merry Christmas CIv back to ya..........I'm surprised it wasn't happy holidays from your side of the pasture.
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

Civilized said:

Merry Christmas, boys.
Civ is having a good day. Merry Christmas CIv back to ya..........I'm surprised it wasn't happy holidays from your side of the pasture.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Civilized said:

Merry Christmas, boys.
Be that as it may, we can all be grateful that we are part of the 38% not living paycheck2paycheck that have the means for a little splurge like an IPS subscription.
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/has-silent-depression-already-started-united-states
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Great! Now do we need to go through why it's just as vitally important to our national interests to make sure Ukraine doesn't lose their war, why Putin is most definitely not our friend, and why the U.S. withdrawing from NATO would be extremely bad for our national security? Republicans seem to be confused on this topic lately.

Yep, quite analogous situations.

Both sovereign allied democracies in the midst of, and attacked by, autocratic/terrorist US adversaries.

Both attacks were unprovoked and both Israel and Ukraine are simply looking to protect themselves and exist peaceably with adjacent countries.

Ukraine's situation is more dire than Israel since their military is combating Russia instead of a small splinter "government"/terror group.
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

Merry Christmas, boys.
Merry Christmas to you!
caryking
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Both sovereign allied democracies in the midst of, and attacked by, autocratic/terrorist US adversaries.

Both attacks were unprovoked and both Israel and Ukraine are simply looking to protect themselves and exist peaceably with adjacent countries.

Ukraine's situation is more dire than Israel since their military is combating Russia instead of a small splinter "government"/terror group.
I think not liking Putin and not supporting Ukraine can both exist…. Now, if we could get a better understanding of how the money is being spent that "might" ease some of the angst.

Outside of not liking Putin, where is out national interest is supporting Ukraine? For me, it's clear with Taiwan. Ukraine, not so much…

Joe Biden
jkpackfan
caryking said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

I think not liking Putin and not supporting Ukraine can both exist…. Now, if we could get a better understanding of how the money is being spent that "might" ease some of the angst.

Outside of not liking Putin, where is out national interest is supporting Ukraine? For me, it's clear with Taiwan. Ukraine, not so much…
This is pretty much where I am. I can't stand Putin and not saying I don't support Ukraine, I just wanna know how our tax dollars are being spent over there. I was the same with Afghanistan and the whole Iraq debacle.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

It isn't "not liking Putin", it's that Putin has declared publicly on many occasions that dismantling America's superpower status and the NATO alliance is a key priority in advancing Russia's interests. Who would have thought that suddenly the rank and file American conservative also sees dismantling America's superpower status and the NATO alliance as their top priorities. Funny how that works.

Anyway, if you can understand how Middle East stability is in our national interest, then European stability should be even easier to understand. Leaving aside how instability affects various global markets, we've been dragged into two world wars over instability in Europe, and now for the first time since WW2 we have a sovereign European nation being invaded. It shouldn't be hard to understand why letting that aggression stand could end up being very costly to us down the road.
packgrad
caryking said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

They don't care how it's spent. They just want to own the pubs. People that support trannies showering with little girls are now war hawks so they can own republicans. America!!!
Werewolf
STOP TRUMP!!!!!!!!! Whatever it takes.......wonder why?

packgrad
Vivek continues dropping bombs.

910wolf
packgrad said:

Vivek continues dropping bombs.

Man that was really well done. Vivek is growing on me.
hokiewolf
Yeah, all of his policy stances are pretty terrible but at least he owns the libs! He's earned my vote!
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

Yeah, all of his policy stances are pretty terrible but at least he owns the libs! He's earned my vote!

Hey Hokie you anticipate voting in the Republican primary?

If so which way are you leaning right now?
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Yeah. These are terrible stances, "conservative" hokie. Lol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/shows/meetthepress/blog/rcna119091%0A

But at least you can own the conservatives on the board and get likes from the liberals, amirite?

Edit to add that it's hilarious that you can't even acknowledge that his point is 100% correct. The "pure conservative" hokie is showing his true colors.

hokiewolf
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Haley seems to be the only grow up on the field.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Of course here's the only grown up in the field trying to get elected in a Republican primary, not allowed to answer what should be one of the easiest questions in all of grown up politics. Hint: Slavery! Next question.

Maybe the dbag Vivek could gaslight us on why the definitely not white supremacist Proud Boys vote is such an integral part of the Republican coalition now.

caryking
hokiewolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

Yep, Hokie supports the candidate that the Democratic donors want the most. They know Biden can't win, so, they start supporting Haley as she's the most likely candidate that will keep the Neo-Libs and Neo-Cons control on our country…

Hokie, you and I have spent time together and I believe we DO have similar political beliefs; however, the implementation of those beliefs is very different. Perhaps we should have lunch again?

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.