2024 Elections

56,538 Views | 1125 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by TheStorm
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

I remember in the 2018 midterms the Pubs got slaughtered cuz they ran on repealing Obamacare.
Actually, Trump couldn't get the establishment Republicans to come up with a replacement bill, like most of them campaigned on. That was between 2016 and 2018. I think you may have your timeline off…

Timeline not off. He tried to repeal it and the art of the deal guy couldn't get it done. Nevermind he didn't have a plan for replacing it if he was successful in his campaign promise of repealing it. Nov 2018 came around and the Pubs lost the House due in large part to their efforts to repeal the ACA.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/7/18070152/midterm-elections-2018-results-trump-obamacare-repeal
Interesting enough… Repealing and replacing Obamacare was a part of the platform in 2016. I didn't review that Vox article; however, not doing things was a major blow for Republicans. Personally, I think most Republicans are hacks. Unfortunately, for the country, they are less hacks than Democrats.

Edit: I skimmed the article and don't find it a very compelling narrative.

What was less compelling? Pubs ran on appeal/replace in 2016. They failed to deliver. Then when the Dems ran on the pubs will take away Obamacare, they took the House in 3018 midterms. 2020 had little to no discussion about repealing Obamacare from Republican candidates. Even less in 2022. Have you seen a political ad in NC/Wake Co bring up repealing Obamacare?
So, Trump and Republicans ran on repeal and replace in 2016, and won. They didn't and now everyone wants to keep it. Yea, i don't buy that…

Of all the ads this past primary season, how many times did Daughtry or Knott mention repealing Obamacare? Zero. Because Republicans no longer campaign on that promise because it doesn't resonate anymore. NC recently expanded Medicaid (a hallmark of the ACA) after years of refusing to do so. Red states, blue states like Obamacare as seen in nearly 6 in 10 Americans approve of the legislation. In 2016 you didn't have that same approval, that's why repeal and replace was an effective campaign strategy. By 2018 it no longer was as the House flipped back to the Dems over fears of doing away with Obamacare.

It passed the general assembly for the simple reason that the hospital lobby and their deep pockets wanted it, and the *****s of both parties in the GA wanted their cash. And now we NC taxpayers get the bill.

Well to be fair, the GOP holds a super majority in the GA. Also, are we on the hook or is the federal government? I thought expansion of Medicaid meant the federal government would pay 95+% of the expansion. And the resistance in expanding all these years was the federal gov would leave NC with the bill.
It is my understanding that the FedGov WILL pick up the tab for three years AFTER which the state's share of the cost will balloon massively
Wufskins
Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

I remember in the 2018 midterms the Pubs got slaughtered cuz they ran on repealing Obamacare.
Actually, Trump couldn't get the establishment Republicans to come up with a replacement bill, like most of them campaigned on. That was between 2016 and 2018. I think you may have your timeline off…

Timeline not off. He tried to repeal it and the art of the deal guy couldn't get it done. Nevermind he didn't have a plan for replacing it if he was successful in his campaign promise of repealing it. Nov 2018 came around and the Pubs lost the House due in large part to their efforts to repeal the ACA.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/7/18070152/midterm-elections-2018-results-trump-obamacare-repeal
Interesting enough… Repealing and replacing Obamacare was a part of the platform in 2016. I didn't review that Vox article; however, not doing things was a major blow for Republicans. Personally, I think most Republicans are hacks. Unfortunately, for the country, they are less hacks than Democrats.

What was less compelling? Pubs ran on appeal/replace in 2016. They failed to deliver. Then when the Dems ran on the pubs will take away Obamacare, they took the House in 3018 midterms. 2020 had little to no discussion about repealing Obamacare from Republican candidates. Even less in 2022. Have you seen a political ad in NC/Wake Co bring up repealing Obamacare?
So, Trump and Republicans ran on repeal and replace in 2016, and won. They didn't and now everyone wants to keep it. Yea, i don't buy that…

Of all the ads this past primary season, how many times did Daughtry or Knott mention repealing Obamacare? Zero. Because Republicans no longer campaign on that promise because it doesn't resonate anymore. NC recently expanded Medicaid (a hallmark of the ACA) after years of refusing to do so. Red states, blue states like Obamacare as seen in nearly 6 in 10 Americans approve of the legislation. In 2016 you didn't have that same approval, that's why repeal and replace was an effective campaign strategy. By 2018 it no longer was as the House flipped back to the Dems over fears of doing away with Obamacare.

It passed the general assembly for the simple reason that the hospital lobby and their deep pockets wanted it, and the *****s of both parties in the GA wanted their cash. And now we NC taxpayers get the bill.

Well to be fair, the GOP holds a super majority in the GA. Also, are we on the hook or is the federal government? I thought expansion of Medicaid meant the federal government would pay 95+% of the expansion. And the resistance in expanding all these years was the federal gov would leave NC with the bill.
It is my understanding that the FedGov WILL pick up the tab for three years AFTER which the state's share of the cost will balloon massively

I don't believe that's the case. It would require for Congress to change the law surrounding implementation of Medicaid expansion as a result of the passing of the ACA.

"Under the ACA, the federal government pays for 90% of the cost of the expansion; individual states pay for 10%."

I think what you're referring to is a new federal program to incentivize the few remaining states to expand Medicaid.

"Then, in 2022, the federal government offered a new financial incentive -- a nearly $1.8 billion bonus over two years to any of the remaining states who decided to expand Medicaid."

This was Phil Berger's comments in an op-ed on why he believed NC should expand.

"Since it was enacted, every attempt in Congress and by the courts to reverse the ACA and Medicaid expansion has failed," he wrote then. "When Donald Trump was president and Republicans controlled Congress, they did not repeal or significantly alter the ACA. It's not going away, and refusing to accept that reality hurts North Carolinians and the state's finances."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/north-carolina-governor-hopes-medicaid-expansion-600k-residents/story?id=105853956

caryking
Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

I don't believe that's the case. It would require for Congress to change the law surrounding implementation of Medicaid expansion as a result of the passing of the ACA.

"Under the ACA, the federal government pays for 90% of the cost of the expansion; individual states pay for 10%."

I think what you're referring to is a new federal program to incentivize the few remaining states to expand Medicaid.

"Then, in 2022, the federal government offered a new financial incentive -- a nearly $1.8 billion bonus over two years to any of the remaining states who decided to expand Medicaid."

This was Phil Berger's comments in an op-ed on why he believed NC should expand.

"Since it was enacted, every attempt in Congress and by the courts to reverse the ACA and Medicaid expansion has failed," he wrote then. "When Donald Trump was president and Republicans controlled Congress, they did not repeal or significantly alter the ACA. It's not going away, and refusing to accept that reality hurts North Carolinians and the state's finances."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/north-carolina-governor-hopes-medicaid-expansion-600k-residents/story?id=105853956

I think this is all just awful …. More federal government control and way outside their authority. If a State wants to have a Medicaid type program, then so be it…
Werewolf
Exactly! Too much power in the hands of a few..........it's real simple.
Wufskins
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

I think this is all just awful …. More federal government control and way outside their authority. If a State wants to have a Medicaid type program, then so be it…

It's obviously been a good thing as all but ten states have expanded.

"KFF reports published in 2020 and 2021 reviewed more than 600 studies and concluded that expansion is linked to gains in coverage, improvement in access and health, and economic benefits for states and providers. More recent studies generally find positive effects related to more specific outcomes such as improved access to care, treatment and outcomes for cancer, chronic conditions, sexual and reproductive health, and behavioral health. Studies also point to evidence of reduced racial disparities in coverage and access, reduced mortality, and improvements in economic impacts for providers (particularly rural hospitals) and economic stability for individuals."

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/an-update-on-aca-medicaid-expansion-what-to-watch-in-north-carolina-and-beyond/

caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

"KFF reports published in 2020 and 2021 reviewed more than 600 studies and concluded that expansion is linked to gains in coverage, improvement in access and health, and economic benefits for states and providers. More recent studies generally find positive effects related to more specific outcomes such as improved access to care, treatment and outcomes for cancer, chronic conditions, sexual and reproductive health, and behavioral health. Studies also point to evidence of reduced racial disparities in coverage and access, reduced mortality, and improvements in economic impacts for providers (particularly rural hospitals) and economic stability for individuals."

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/an-update-on-aca-medicaid-expansion-what-to-watch-in-north-carolina-and-beyond/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions…

Actually, what I'm saying that the federal government doesn't have a roll in healthcare. 10th amendment, for me. Now, if a State wants to try it, then so be it.
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

The Constitution is so chopped up and has been for years…I'm amazed you can get a legal ruling on the basis of IT anymore.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Actually, what I'm saying that the federal government doesn't have a roll in healthcare. 10th amendment, for me. Now, if a State wants to try it, then so be it.

Actually, the road to hell is paved with thinking it's "just awful" that more people are able to get healthcare.

Anyway, I won't bother trying to explain why, but sometimes in economics, especially in health care, scale matters... which makes some things affordable at the federal level that just aren't by a local government.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Actually, the road to hell is paved with thinking it's "just awful" that more people are able to get healthcare.

Anyway, I won't bother trying to explain why, but sometimes in economics, especially in health care, scale matters... which makes some things affordable at the federal level that just aren't by a local government.
Yea, I should have realized you are a macroeconomics thinker. I'm too small thinking for you…

Elites justify large government with anything.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Yea, I should have realized you are a macroeconomics thinker. I'm too small thinking for you…

Of course the irony is that without our large government we'd never have invented the internet which you use every day to bawl about how much you wish we were a Third World backwater instead.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

Of course the irony is that without our large government we'd never have invented the internet which you use every day to bawl about how much you wish we were a Third World backwater instead.
Oh, the irony…
barelypure
Finally some sense from a court.

Idaho Supreme Court Upholds Ban on Student IDs for Voting

The Supreme Court of Idaho on Thursday, April 11, upheld recent legislative amendments to the state's voter identification requirements, affirming a lower court's ruling in favor of the Idaho Secretary of State, Phil McGrane, which eliminated the use of student IDs for voter registration and in-person voting.

The unanimous ruling came in light of the suit filed by two voter advocacy groups last year, claiming two pieces of legislation disproportionately affected young and out-of-state college voters, infringing upon their right to vote and violating equal protection under the Idaho Constitution.

The opinion of the court said, in part, "we conclude House Bills 124 and 340 are reasonable exercises of the legislature's authority to enact conditions on the right of suffrage under Article VI, section 4 of the Idaho Constitution."

GuerrillaPack
The ads for creeper kid sniffer Joe currently running non-stop on YouTube now say and that the he's "lowered inflation". LMFAO!! The rampant spending of the Marxist Democrats is what is causing the astronomical inflation. How braindead and oblivious to reality do you have to be to actually believe this stuff that the Democrats are spewing? Oh, right...you'd need to be living in an alternate universe where down is up and up is down. Like where there are "70 genders" and "men can become women".

EVERYTHING these communists say is a lie and total inversion of reality.

His ad also says that "the job is not done". Yes, his job of destroying the country for his Marxist NWO masters is not quite done yet. Four more years and DemonRat control of Congress and it will almost be complete -- he'll have 10 million illegals pouring across the border every year, have eviscerated the 2nd Amendment, and totally destroyed the economy with two or three times worse inflation.

Wufskins
lol at eviscerated the 2nd Amendment. Go get your scary ar! I hear it adds two inches to your weener.
barelypure
Wufskins said:

lol at eviscerated the 2nd Amendment. Go get your scary ar! I hear it adds two inches to your weener.
Oh lordy, now he's thinking about your wiener. Watch your back, or front or hell just avoid him altogether.

Show of hands, how many guys here think about another guy's wiener?
GuerrillaPack
Wufskins said:

Your side needs that from eating all that soy and taking your gender transition meds.
Wufskins
Your side worships a guy that applies more makeup and hairspray to his head than those scary drag queens.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

Your side worships a guy that applies more makeup and hairspray to his head than those scary drag queens.

Ouch
GuerrillaPack
Wufskins said:

Not as bad as worshipping a guy who takes showers with his own daughter and publicly gropes and sniffs the hair of dozens of young girls.
BBW12OG
Wufskins said:

Your side worships a guy that lies more than President Trump.

Your side worships a guy that tells stories to claim whatever race, religion or sexual group he is pandering to at the moment.

Your side claims that he doesn't lie his face off and refuses to acknowledge the facts when he is proven to be lying.

Your side pretends everything is fine, nothing is wrong and it is all the GOP and the "right wing media" making stuff up.

Want proof? Here you go....

Answer to these.. or keep proving to be the no life having coward you are.

Looking forward to you, Civ and dipsheet to respond to this little gem.

Civilized
The difference is no one on the left worships Biden.

He's a JAG.

Trump is an idol to 25% of this country.
Werewolf
On the slam dunk scale that was a 10.
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

He's a JAG.

Still won't acknowledge your guy will you?

Always with the "but... but... but.... Trummmmmppppp..."

Damn dude.... you can't be better than that?
BBW12OG
Werewolf said:

Yeah....

I'm guessing dipsheeet was tasting my ball sweat.....again.
SmaptyWolf
BBW12OG said:

Werewolf said:

Yeah....

Lol, you and Werewolf make a great couple. It's like an 80 year old in a straight jacket cheering on a rabid weasel.
BBW12OG
SmaptyWolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Werewolf said:

Yeah....

Lol, you and Werewolf make a great couple. It's like an 80 year old in a straight jacket cheering on a rabid weasel.
And again... you can't answer to the facts can you?

Or even address a policy from your team. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Again... people like you have lost teeth.....
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Werewolf said:

Yeah....

You'll be lucky if rabid is all you get from your shots. You're so damn smart.....
Werewolf
Civilized said:

He's a JAG.

He'll be at 91 millon votes this go around......to Trumps 90.5 million #LOL #HOMETOWNJOE

Werewolf
A couple of the woke, that don't know it, proclaimed Trump's #'s at his 2024 rallies is down compared to 2020. I think you wokesters must be on to something..............looks like Trump hasn't a chance in 2024.

Of course, there's always the CHEAT card to be played........it has the word "DOMINION" in big bold text on its face

ncsupack1
If Trump wins, how much cheating is there? When the GOP took the House this pass midterm, how much cheating was involved? Had to be if the GOP won since everything is rigged?
Werewolf
socu want the #s to the decimal .....
Trump won in 2016 .....with massive cheating.....but ;-)

2020 and 2022 were allowed to be stolen.....as it will take several years to uncover networks and to wake the sheep up. #devolution my friend. #enjoytheshow
ncsupack1
Oh, I am enjoying the show…
caryking
Werewolf said:

Civilized said:

He's a JAG.

He'll be at 91 millon votes this go around......to Trumps 90.5 million #LOL #HOMETOWNJOE

Trump will need 100M votes
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

If Trump wins, how much cheating is there?

I hope a lot!

When the GOP took the House this pass midterm, how much cheating was involved?

not enough!

Had to be if the GOP won since everything is rigged?

they barely, so they didn't cheat enough!
DrummerboyWolf
Tonight, Glenn Beck has a special on how cheating is occurring in elections. He has the evidence and is going to lower the paywall for this special tonight at 9 pm EDT. It will also be available for 24 hours before they put it behind the paywall.

Now I know the leftist on here will not believe it because they are mind numb to the fact that the election was stolen in 2020. Beck has been talking about this for weeks and they know they are going to be sued by the left and probably by some RINO's too, so he has the lawyers in and they are dictating every word he is going to say to make sure it's accurate. He is basically putting his network, The Blaze, knowing that the lawsuits will be coming, but he feels he has to do it to save the Republic. There will be many on here who will pooh pooh his evidence, but if he did not have it, he would not be putting it out.

There is something in the computer code that lets people change elections and he is going to show you and have hackers and computer experts on to verify this information. He is not trying to litigate 2020, but to save the 2024 election, nobody who it favors, whether that be Trump or Biden. We cannot survive as a Republic is there is no faith in the outcome of the elections. The elections have not been fair for decades and people better wake up or your Republic as we know it is gone.

Here is a link that will get you close. Hopefully tonight they will have it listed.

https://get.blazetv.com/beck/

Here is the link to the home page of his TV side.

https://www.blazetv.com/pages/home/d/shows

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.