The Biden Administration..V3

924,049 Views | 10736 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Werewolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The destruction of the US progressing nicely. #Sieve and #Nappy in utopia.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
packofwolves
Nice going Joe! Now the US is stuck with Venezuela criminals who illegally crossed the border.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/venezuela-migrants-linked-to-more-crimes-in-u-s-but-maduro-shuts-door-on-all-deportations
packgrad
hokiewolf
Here's a real problem

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
packofwolves
hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

This country can't take another 4 years of these policies and a Kamala presidency will be worse.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

Funny, large industrial consumers have been lobbying Biden hard for this LNG freeze. They're concerned about the pricing of their domestic feedstock, and want the freeze to assess.

Combine that with people who are actually concerned about climate change and Biden calls this a win/win.

I guess the "America First" crowd is selective in their isolationism if Biden's the one doing it. Or maybe they just care about multinational oil company profits more than American manufacturing profits?
Werewolf
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

Funny, large industrial consumers have been lobbying Biden hard for this LNG freeze. They're concerned about the pricing of their domestic feedstock, and want the freeze to assess.

Combine that with people who are actually concerned about climate change and Biden calls this a win/win.

I guess the "America First" crowd is selective in their isolationism if Biden's the one doing it. Or maybe they just care about multinational oil company profits more than American manufacturing profits?
How is using LNG a climate change thing?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

Hokie, the very typing of that post is a climate change issue, for some…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
packgrad
Wendy is so in her feelings she is calling hokie "America first". lol. What a deranged individual.
Werewolf
Sieve, look!!! Biden is actually in control of the red button.......

Werewolf
Gonna help #Sieve out a little bit here, Sieve's side is need'n a BOOSTA.

Werewolf
#Sieve, what gives, bro?
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

Because it turns out that LNG infrastructure leaks a lot of methane. So even though it's better than coal, ultimately we probably need a lot less LNG, too, unless you're excited about your kids enjoying 110 degree days at your lake house and inhaling wildfire smoke for 6 months out of every year.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

Because it turns out that LNG infrastructure leaks a lot of methane. So even though it's better than coal, ultimately we probably need a lot less LNG, too, unless you're excited about your kids enjoying 110 degree days at your lake house and inhaling wildfire smoke for 6 months out of every year.
I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the US actually produces a very low amount of climate changing energy usage stuff.

Solar panels and windmills also have an effect on climate change and until the NIMBYS realize that technology has greatly improved the nuclear industry, we're stuck with LNG as the cleanest energy solution.

You going to the highest order of catastrophe to try and prove your point actually does the opposite
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the US actually produces a very low amount of climate changing energy usage stuff.

Solar panels and windmills also have an effect on climate change and until the NIMBYS realize that technology has greatly improved the nuclear industry, we're stuck with LNG as the cleanest energy solution.

You going to the highest order of catastrophe to try and prove your point actually does the opposite

I definitely don't have the energy for a climate change debate, but what I mentioned wasn't even the highest order of catastrophe. Recently updated models have accelerated the "worst case scenarios", but regardless we're pretty much guaranteed a significantly warmer and more volatile future now no matter what we do... the only question now is how much.

Ah well, here's hoping we get carbon capture figured out.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

I definitely don't have the energy for a climate change debate, but what I mentioned wasn't even the highest order of catastrophe. Recently updated models have accelerated the "worst case scenarios", but regardless we're pretty much guaranteed a significantly warmer and more volatile future now no matter what we do... the only question now is how much.

the problem with your statement is that the US could shut off every power plant and stop running all cars, trains, trucks, airplanes and it wouldn't make a dent. The US isnt the issue, never has been.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Here's a real problem

the problem with your statement is that the US could shut off every power plant and stop running all cars, trains, trucks, airplanes and it wouldn't make a dent. The US isnt the issue, never has been.
Yes, it's called "global warming", not "U.S. warming". Currently we produce about 14% of global emissions, China produces around 30%. So no, no one ever suggested that we can fix the problem by ourselves.

There's only ever been one solution to the problem, American leadership. Innovating better energy options for the planet and leaning on them to do the right thing. Instead global warming, like the pandemic and other seemingly non-controversial problems, was turned into another culture war issue for conservatives to rally around.

Honestly, as long as our economy has enough energy to function, does it really matter where it's coming from? Why are some people so emotionally invested in us not transitioning to energy alternatives that help us cook the planet less?
caryking
Hokie, you are spot on...

Lets say I agree with this charade that's global warming/climate change... Why would the US commit to a damn near change in our energy supply, for 14% of the, so-called problem?

We shouldn't!!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Lets say I agree with this charade that's global warming/climate change... Why would the US commit to a damn near change in our energy supply, for 14% of the, so-called problem?

We shouldn't!!
I do believe there is some sound science behind marginal changes in climate, but the majority of the science is junk and it's just really positioned at the US and Europe with the intention of slowing down economic progress and raising energy rates.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

We shouldn't!!
I do believe there is some sound science behind marginal changes in climate, but the majority of the science is junk and it's just really positioned at the US and Europe with the intention of slowing down economic progress and raising energy rates.
Lol, huh? Werewolf, is that you?

I'd def love a walkthrough of how this conspiracy works. Who is gaining from slowing down economic progress, and who is gaining from raising energy rates?
caryking
Hokie, as I've said many times... You and I have spent time together, that's more than most people have, that post, in this forum. I have a good idea of your politics.

Smapty, unfortunately, is far from the way I think you see things.

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Hokie, as I've said many times... You and I have spent time together, that's more than most people have, that post, in this forum. I have a good idea of your politics.

Smapty, unfortunately, is far from the way I think you see things.

I'm sure I am. But he's one of the few people in the Water Cooler actually capable of thoughtful conversation, as opposed to a partisan drone filled with nothing but talking points and teen angst, so it's all good.
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

We shouldn't!!
The problem for those positing an atmospheric climate crisis is that too many questionable things have happened in academia (I.e. - East Anglia University "climategate") such that the field is muddied and now everything is called into question before veracity can be proved or disproved. Not necessarily a bad thing because science should be rigorous in its examination of all new data.
jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

We shouldn't!!
Well said.
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

We shouldn't!!
The problem for those positing an atmospheric climate crisis is that too many questionable things have happened in academia (I.e. - East Anglia University "climategate") such that the field is muddied and now everything is called into question before veracity can be proved or disproved. Not necessarily a bad thing because science should be rigorous in its examination of all new data.

Uh huh. The "muddling" has been intentional. It's why it took decades to get lead out of gasoline. It's why it took decades to accept that cigarettes cause cancer. This isn't a new playbook.

The thing I scratch my head over, though, is how you guys have thought through the two "climate debate" end games:
  • SCENARIO 1: We insist that global warming is bad science and/or a librul conspiracy and do nothing about it. It turns out scientists' worst projections were right and things get undeniably bad even in our lifetimes. Worst case scenario: Congrats! You left your kids an existential crises.
  • SCENARIO 2: We innovate heavily in non-greenhouse forms of energy, and ultimately are able to fully power our economy with few emissions. Along the way petroleum companies suffer, but new companies take their place. Then we ultimately discover that whoopsie, every scientist on Earth was wrong, and global warming isn't an issue. Worst case scenario: The economy is fine. Sooooo who cares? Does it really matter where we get our energy?

Lol, who in their right mind prefers to gamble on Scenario 1? You really that sure? What are you gaining, besides owning the libs or whatever?
hokiewolf
The problem as I see it is no one wants scenario 1 on any side, but the majority of the people don't want to be bullied into making drastic changes that make stuff like cars and electric bills a lot higher without a good consensus plan of action. I speak for myself in that I don't think fear mongering is the best approach to get to Scenario 2 quicker.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

The problem as I see it is no one wants scenario 1 on any side, but the majority of the people don't want to be bullied into making drastic changes that make stuff like cars and electric bills a lot higher without a good consensus plan of action. I speak for myself in that I don't think fear mongering is the best approach to get to Scenario 2 quicker.

Higher electric bills and hitting companies with various "sticks" clearly isn't the right path, which is why Biden's recent (fairly modest) climate legislation was great... pretty much all "carrots" to incentivize the market to move in the right direction. Of course right wingers hated that, too.

Do you have a suggestion for the right approach to get to Scenario 2, keeping in mind that humans tend to only build guardrails after a crash, and also keeping in mind that there's a powerful industry with a strong interest in sewing disinformation and delaying action as long as they can?
caryking
You really just said that?

Joe Biden
Werewolf
#Sieve and #Nappy, close your eyes, please.

packgrad
Doesn't really belong here but since Biden supporters are generally the ones supporting stupid **** like this I figured I'd put it here.

packgrad
Werewolf
packgrad said:

Doesn't really belong here but since Biden supporters are generally the ones supporting stupid **** like this I figured I'd put it here.

SEC had this ideology find its way on many of their campuses. I know several young UF graduates and they tell me it has been over the top WOKE for a while. My youngest went to Alabama and it was there too.
Werewolf
Sieve wishes we had more of these in our military.......maybe even 50-50.
Werewolf
#Sieve, I'm sharing this for you here. Helping you out buddy.

First Page Last Page
Page 208 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.