The Biden Administration..V3

149,096 Views | 3158 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TheStorm
Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I think it's funny that it's considered "theater" that Republican Governors are shipping them to Democrat run cities. They've tried for years to get support for the border and have been shunned by the left and supposed middle. Now they send the illegal immigrants that have been overrunning their cities and law enforcement agencies to Democrat run areas, and it's "theater". Lol. Defend the shield.
It is theater vs actually doing what needs to be done because we are talking about real human beings here, regardless of their immigration status. I doubt any of them have any idea where Martha's Vineyard is.

But, I get your point as well and that is extremely valid. BTW, I feel like traveling to the border and shedding crocodile tears is 1000x worse theater than flying illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard. I have no issue sending them to DC, or Delaware, or anywhere else that has claimed themselves a sanctuary city. If that sparks action to secure the border by this administration then that's a win
Agreed on all of this and the fact the Biden admin labels this as "theater" considering the administration is all theater, is laughable.

What's also hilarious is Chuck Todd arguing that it's inhumane to send them to Martha's Vineyard and that Martha's Vineyard doesn't have the infrastructure to take them in.

These immigrants have been getting transported overnight to southern cities, more specifically, the inner cities and Chuck Todd wants to argue that it's inhumane to send them to one of the wealthiest areas on the entire planet? GTFO.

Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

I just want to get to the endgame of getting the border secure from illegal immigration and create more means to enter the country legally so we can be done with this theater on both sides.
The means are already there. The problem is the people coming here either aren't aware of it, or simply ignore them. We literally don't enforce what is on the books, that's why we find ourselves in this situation. We don't need more laws or regulations or policies, we need our feckless, fledgling government to enforce our laws.

Our government has focused its attention on micro-non issues, like Transgenderism, abortion, etc. while ignoring the major issues that effect ALL Americans. Our government is failing not because of us, the people, but because of those in power.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good point Hoke
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wufpack17 said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I think it's funny that it's considered "theater" that Republican Governors are shipping them to Democrat run cities. They've tried for years to get support for the border and have been shunned by the left and supposed middle. Now they send the illegal immigrants that have been overrunning their cities and law enforcement agencies to Democrat run areas, and it's "theater". Lol. Defend the shield.
It is theater vs actually doing what needs to be done because we are talking about real human beings here, regardless of their immigration status. I doubt any of them have any idea where Martha's Vineyard is.

But, I get your point as well and that is extremely valid. BTW, I feel like traveling to the border and shedding crocodile tears is 1000x worse theater than flying illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard. I have no issue sending them to DC, or Delaware, or anywhere else that has claimed themselves a sanctuary city. If that sparks action to secure the border by this administration then that's a win
Agreed on all of this and the fact the Biden admin labels this as "theater" considering the administration is all theater, is laughable.

What's also hilarious is Chuck Todd arguing that it's inhumane to send them to Martha's Vineyard and that Martha's Vineyard doesn't have the infrastructure to take them in.

These immigrants have been getting transported overnight to southern cities, more specifically, the inner cities and Chuck Todd wants to argue that it's inhumane to send them to one of the wealthiest areas on the entire planet? GTFO.


I agree with you point. There's a lot of hypocrisy going on right now for sure.
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I think it's funny that it's considered "theater" that Republican Governors are shipping them to Democrat run cities. They've tried for years to get support for the border and have been shunned by the left and supposed middle. Now they send the illegal immigrants that have been overrunning their cities and law enforcement agencies to Democrat run areas, and it's "theater". Lol. Defend the shield.
It is theater vs actually doing what needs to be done because we are talking about real human beings here, regardless of their immigration status. I doubt any of them have any idea where Martha's Vineyard is.

But, I get your point as well and that is extremely valid. BTW, I feel like traveling to the border and shedding crocodile tears is 1000x worse theater than flying illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard. I have no issue sending them to DC, or Delaware, or anywhere else that has claimed themselves a sanctuary city. If that sparks action to secure the border by this administration then that's a win
Yeah i hate that politics is driving this type of action, though I do marvel at how people opposed to it talk about poor treatment of these folks.
Many have lived thru **** to get to the border and risked life and limb to get in in conditions most Americans would turn around.
They know when they get here, they're going to have to go find service industry, mnfg or ag work most likely and I've always wondered how they get to the destination to do that (they don't all stop and live along the Rio Grande region). They have no transportation, but end up in AL, LA, the Carolinas, etc and ultimately find work.
So now instead of having to do that on their own, they've been bussed/flown (which are nice modes of transportation) and I have to assume fed and cared for to a degree, to a location that is in a big city and offers tons of service industry jobs opportunities (and a local government that advocates strongly for them). MV may not be as ideal as Boston, but it has a huge need of restaurant workers, for example as places have remained shut after Covid for want of them.

So if the opponents this want to be upset about it, at least just focus on the fact it is a political ploy and quit with the dire warnings about mistreatment.

And as I think Flossy asked -- would this even be talked about if not relocated --- 50 immigrants wouldn't even be noticed if not for this...now its a lead story. So maybe it does help with forcing action with real immigration reform and border protection.
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I think it's funny that it's considered "theater" that Republican Governors are shipping them to Democrat run cities. They've tried for years to get support for the border and have been shunned by the left and supposed middle. Now they send the illegal immigrants that have been overrunning their cities and law enforcement agencies to Democrat run areas, and it's "theater". Lol. Defend the shield.
It is theater vs actually doing what needs to be done because we are talking about real human beings here, regardless of their immigration status. I doubt any of them have any idea where Martha's Vineyard is.

But, I get your point as well and that is extremely valid. BTW, I feel like traveling to the border and shedding crocodile tears is 1000x worse theater than flying illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard. I have no issue sending them to DC, or Delaware, or anywhere else that has claimed themselves a sanctuary city. If that sparks action to secure the border by this administration then that's a win

And as I think Flossy asked -- would this even be talked about if not relocated --- 50 immigrants wouldn't even be noticed if not for this...now its a lead story. So maybe it does help with forcing action with real immigration reform and border protection.


That last paragraph sums it up for me. Most of these politicians don't have to live with the results of their decisions. Now that it's being put on their front porch, there's a problem. That's the theater of all of this, politicians out of touch with how their decisions affect their constituents.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I think it's funny that it's considered "theater" that Republican Governors are shipping them to Democrat run cities. They've tried for years to get support for the border and have been shunned by the left and supposed middle. Now they send the illegal immigrants that have been overrunning their cities and law enforcement agencies to Democrat run areas, and it's "theater". Lol. Defend the shield.
It is theater vs actually doing what needs to be done because we are talking about real human beings here, regardless of their immigration status. I doubt any of them have any idea where Martha's Vineyard is.

But, I get your point as well and that is extremely valid. BTW, I feel like traveling to the border and shedding crocodile tears is 1000x worse theater than flying illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard. I have no issue sending them to DC, or Delaware, or anywhere else that has claimed themselves a sanctuary city. If that sparks action to secure the border by this administration then that's a win

And as I think Flossy asked -- would this even be talked about if not relocated --- 50 immigrants wouldn't even be noticed if not for this...now its a lead story. So maybe it does help with forcing action with real immigration reform and border protection.


That last paragraph sums it up for me. Most of these politicians don't have to live with the results of their decisions. Now that it's being put on their front porch, there's a problem. That's the theater of all of this, politicians out of touch with how their decisions affect their constituents.


Steve, what you are describing is the populist wanting the government to do something about a problem. The populist is tired of it all and in some cases will stand up and do it on their own. That is the very essence of Populism! Parents going into school boards demanding change is Populism! People demanding the government do something about immigration is Populism. Now, I know Populism can also include things I don't agree with; however, I would rather know where people stand than see it fall apart behind the curtains of big government…
The Administrative State - Rise of the Fourth Reich!!
Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why in the world would the Biden admin be shipping these folks in the dead of the night?

Optics.

States are tired of being dictated to when the feds (more specifically Democrat elected administrations) fail to do their job. So, the states handle it themselves. This is why we are a representative republic and not a democracy. The states can still protect their own independently of the federal government. This is the environment that the Biden WH has created.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump Live, [Sep 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM]
Four Organizations All Founded in 1913

FED - Federal Reserve
FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
IRS - Internal Revenue Service
ADL- Anti Defamation League

No coincidences

Join Trump Live
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Put whatever ism you want behind it. I call it people getting tired of politicians making bad decisions for everyone else in the country. DC isn't affected by high gas prices or supply chain shortages. This is a way the states have decided to put it in their face and say, "look what your doing!"
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An island surrounded in a sea of hypocrisy.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's hypocritical?
Gulfstream4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

An island surrounded in a sea of hypocrisy.



Great! Let's send some more there for them to enjoy.
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

What's hypocritical?


Just stop.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

An island surrounded in a sea of hypocrisy.

Quote:

Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker said Friday he is deploying up to 125 National Guard members in response to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis sending a group of just 50 illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard.

"Our Administration has been working across state government to develop a plan to ensure these individuals will have access to the services they need going forward, and Joint Base Cape Cod is well equipped to serve these needs," the governor said.

The national guardsmen will meet the immigrants at Joint Base Cape Cod on the mainland. Buses retrieved the group of Venezuelans from St. Andrews church in Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard Friday morning, roughly 24 hours after they arrived on the island from San Antonio, Texas.

Baker, a moderate Republican, said transporting the migrants to Cape Cod was necessary because "the island communities are not equipped to provide sustainable accommodation, and state officials developed a plan to deliver a comprehensive humanitarian response."
Baker needs to employ the immigrants in an island wide sweep collecting those signs to help the good people of the commonwealth avoid further embarrassment.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wufpack17 said:

Why in the world would the Biden admin be shipping these folks in the dead of the night?

Optics.

States are tired of being dictated to when the feds (more specifically Democrat elected administrations) fail to do their job. So, the states handle it themselves. This is why we are a representative republic and not a democracy. The states can still protect their own independently of the federal government. This is the environment that the Biden WH has created.
Create a crisis.......and then use govt to solve it later. Break down of society, massive #'s of illiterates not able to speak the language nor adjust to American society, civil unrest, etc......that's the playbook.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

An island surrounded in a sea of hypocrisy.

a great find!
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/bidens-income-driven-repayment-plan-would-turn-student-loans-into-untargeted-grants/

Quote:

The vast majority of college students will be eligible to make reduced payments (roughly 85% of undergraduates age 25-34) were they to take student loans, and a majority of undergraduate borrowers (perhaps 70%) would expect to have at least some debt forgiven after 20 years. On average, borrowers (current and future) might only expect to repay approximately $0.50 for each dollar they borrow.
When we read the fine print on what King Biden is doing, we will discover he has transferred $1T directly to the national debt while encouraging universities to raise tuition even further. Our most dishonest POTUS continues to destroy America without even a hint of remorse.
wolfman18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woodrow Wilson was the worst
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfman18 said:

Woodrow Wilson was the worst
Still think James Buchanan holds that honor
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SmBIGh!!!!!!!!
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gulfstream4 said:

Steve Videtich said:

An island surrounded in a sea of hypocrisy.



Great! Let's send some more there for them to enjoy.
Quote:

The Chamber of Commerce of Martha's Vineyard said the island was facing a "humanitarian crisis" after Florida Governor Ron DeSantis sent just 50 migrants to the island this week. Yet more than 24,000 illegal immigrants would need to arrive on the island for it to equally share the burden faced by Del Rio, Texas, on the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Del Rio area had more than 49,500 migrant encounters in July alone more than the population of the city itself, which has a population of just over 34,500 people. By contrast, the year-round population of Martha's Vineyard is 17,000 people and the island welcomed just 50 migrants when the "humanitarian crisis" was triggered.

To bring the migrant-to-resident ratio on Martha's Vineyard into rough parity with that of Del Rio, more than 24,000 migrants would need to arrive on the island over the course of the next month.
"Secure borders" being what they are, perhaps MV should prepare for the influx of some more immigrants.
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Tonight,i say this my Republican colleagues who are defended the indefensible,there will come a DAY when Donald Trump is GONE,but your DISHONOR will REMAIN!Liz Cheney6/22/2022.
FlossyDFlynt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least NBC had the good sense to delete this tweet
Marco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Bannon charged with border wall funding defraud!!How many of you want a refund??Hope he used some that money and bought a bath,dirty looking bum!!You guys king right hand man!!Lol!!
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

What's hypocritical?


Just stop.

So you think transporting immigrants to a tiny hamlet with no prior communication and no resources on the ground is a good-faith gesture, and the municipality of Martha's Vineyard's inability to immediately respond to the needs of those immigrants is hypocrisy and some sort of lib-tard self-own?

Sounds about right.
Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe I'm wrong here, but flying migrants to Martha's Vineyard seems more humane than using the US military to ship them to a Military base…

Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

What's hypocritical?


Just stop.

So you think transporting immigrants to a tiny hamlet with no prior communication and no resources on the ground is a good-faith gesture, and the municipality of Martha's Vineyard's inability to immediately respond to the needs of those immigrants is hypocrisy and some sort of lib-tard self-own?

Sounds about right.


What do you think is happening at the southern border? Or in other locations where these people are being sent?

TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man, that's just 100% typical Civ... he'll defend anything that they do, and then immediately condemn it when someone else does the exact same thing.

I guess he just magically forgot about the Democrat's Administration flying migrants to Florida and other red states for well over a year now...

But of course, now that the shoe is on the other foot.
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfman18 said:

Woodrow Wilson was the worst
Act of 1871 - both the Federal Govt and U.S. Grant were broke, the republic was ended and a corporation began.
Then the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 - Woodrow Wilson and Congress moved the Fed from Treasury to under the Central Banks

Two critical moments in US history when we were sold out.
Gulfstream4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Man, that's just 100% typical Civ... he'll defend anything that they do, and then immediately condemn it when someone else does the exact same thing.


I guess he just magically forgot about the Democrat's Administration flying migrants to Florida and other red states for well over a year now...

But of course, now that the shoe is on the other foot.


Democrats are the biggest hypocrites and they have no shame about it.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gulfstream4 said:

TheStorm said:

Man, that's just 100% typical Civ... he'll defend anything that they do, and then immediately condemn it when someone else does the exact same thing.


I guess he just magically forgot about the Democrat's Administration flying migrants to Florida and other red states for well over a year now...

But of course, now that the shoe is on the other foot.


Democrats are the biggest hypocrites and they have no shame about it.

It's patently ignorant to act like both parties don't very obviously engage in hypocrisy, political opportunism, and theater to the absolute hilt.

Neither party can stand on some mythical moral high ground of respectable political conduct.

We should all be angry about that because Americans of all political persuasions lose.
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's called VIRTUE SIGNALING. Why put that sign up if you don't really mean it? I've said in my posts on this specific subject that it's politicians (I didn't say Dems, Liberals or any other label) that don't have to live with their decisions. This was a case where it was put in their face exactly what the border states are forced to deal with daily.

If you don't think an actual humanitarian crisis has been created in all of these border states, then you're being purposely blind as usual. Did you condemn the administration when they were bussing and flying these people in the dead of the night all over the country and doing the same thing?

Get over yourself! You want us to stop picking on the hypocrisy of one side? Then stop defending only one side of the aisle. Yes it is theater. The Left have been doing it for years. Don't get mad when the Right start doing it back. HYPOCRITE!

ETA: Also, my post had to do with reaction of Martha's Vineyard, not the action of the right.
Steve Videtich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

TheStorm said:

Man, that's just 100% typical Civ... he'll defend anything that they do, and then immediately condemn it when someone else does the exact same thing.


I guess he just magically forgot about the Democrat's Administration flying migrants to Florida and other red states for well over a year now...

But of course, now that the shoe is on the other foot.


Democrats are the biggest hypocrites and they have no shame about it.

It's patently ignorant to act like both parties don't very obviously engage in hypocrisy, political opportunism, and theater to the absolute hilt.

Neither party can stand on some mythical moral high ground of respectable political conduct.

We should all be angry about that because Americans of all political persuasions lose.


But, you only get angry when the right does it.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steve Videtich said:

Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

TheStorm said:

Man, that's just 100% typical Civ... he'll defend anything that they do, and then immediately condemn it when someone else does the exact same thing.


I guess he just magically forgot about the Democrat's Administration flying migrants to Florida and other red states for well over a year now...

But of course, now that the shoe is on the other foot.


Democrats are the biggest hypocrites and they have no shame about it.

It's patently ignorant to act like both parties don't very obviously engage in hypocrisy, political opportunism, and theater to the absolute hilt.

Neither party can stand on some mythical moral high ground of respectable political conduct.

We should all be angry about that because Americans of all political persuasions lose.


But, you only get angry when the right does it.

Wrong, I just call you out when you act like the right doesn't do it in lock-step with the left.

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.