Carolina Hurricanes

100,014 Views | 1484 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by Wolfer79
RyanFinleysLayupMove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody been watching the Canes playoff games thus far? The boys are looking good!
johntom
Wangis said:

Anybody been watching the Canes playoff games thus far? The boys are looking good!
They're on a short list of teams that have a chance to win it all. I went to game 2 and it was incredible being in an environment like that again.
FlossyDFlynt
Went to game one. As johntom said, it was an absolutely incredible experience after the last year or so, almost surreal.

I watch every game, they have been mauling people ever since Rod took over as coach. Love that team
dwanna
Had a ball at game 1, made the news for my pregame interview, so I'm kind of a big deal.
Predators coming out swinging tonight, let's see the Canes pull out game 3!
RyanFinleysLayupMove
Nice! Im hoping to buy tickets to one soon!
Bell Tower Grey
Hell of a goal by Trochek!
blake002
Let's go!!!! Team never quits awesome game!
dwanna
blake002 said:

Let's go!!!! Team never quits awesome game!

On to round 2.

Let's

Go

Canes
dogplasma
What time did it finish last night? SMH at a 9:45 puck drop. WTH.
SportManagementEngineer
dogplasma said:

Finished before 1 eastern. I was bracing for a super late night but wasn't too bad, glad we scored early into OT.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
FlossyDFlynt
Cornpack
The lack of sleep was 100% worth it though
Retired internet funny guy
packgrad
SportManagementEngineer said:

dogplasma said:

Finished before 1 eastern. I was bracing for a super late night but wasn't too bad, glad we scored early into OT.

God bless ya, man. 12- 1am is super late during the work week in my house. I watched our baseball game, and was too hyped to even consider switching over to the Canes. Had a tough time sleeping as it was. Struggling today.
SportManagementEngineer
packgrad said:

dogplasma said:

God bless ya, man. 12- 1am is super late during the work week in my house. I watched our baseball game, and was too hyped to even consider switching over to the Canes. Had a tough time sleeping as it was. Struggling today.
Ha, I go to bed around midnight every night. My wife is asleep by 10 at the latest. I'm guessing these schedules will change when we have a kid.
wolfpack1437

dogplasma said:

I watched Pack baseball live and then the Canes on DVR (with no idea of what happened as I intentionally avoided the score). I didn't finish up my viewing evening until 3am. I am struggling today
SportManagementEngineer
wolfpack1437 said:

dogplasma said:

I watched Pack baseball live and then the Canes on DVR (with no idea of what happened as I intentionally avoided the score). I didn't finish up my viewing evening until 3am. I am struggling today
Ha I was flipping back and forth. The Canes were so bad in the second period that I watched mostly the Pack9 until the Canes got it to 3-2. The baseball game just rolled along with no baserunners.
FlossyDFlynt
Bought a game one ticket on a bit of a whim earlier this afternoon. Looking forward to it again
Wolfer79
(1) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) Tampa Bay Lightning
Game 1: Sunday, May 30 | 5 p.m. | PNC Arena
Game 2: Tuesday, June 1 | 7:30 p.m. | PNC Arena
Game 3: Thursday, June 3 | 8 p.m. | Amalie Arena
Game 4: Saturday, June 5 | 4 p.m. | Amalie Arena
Game 5*: Tuesday, June 8 | TBA | PNC Arena
Game 6*: Thursday, June 10 | TBA | Amalie Arena
Game 7*: Saturday, June 12 | TBA | PNC Arena
*If necessary
Wolfer79
dwanna
Game 2 tonight. Let's even this series up!
SportManagementEngineer
Got to have tonight's game. Can't go down 2-0 to Tampa, they're too good to have to beat them multiple times on their ice.
SniderFC
DD sounded the alarm tonight! Nice little shout out to the Pack!! Let's go Canes!!
Wolfer79
SniderFC said:

DD sounded the alarm tonight! Nice little shout out to the Pack!! Let's go Canes!!

Cornpack
I know Vasilevskiy is the best goaltender in the world right now but Ned is going up against a team that is $20 million over the cap right now and only giving up 2 goals a game. The forwards have GOT to be better because Ned is giving us a chance to win every night. Gotta get it together and steal some games in Tampa.
Retired internet funny guy
SportManagementEngineer
Cornpack said:

I know Vasilevskiy is the best goaltender in the world right now but Ned is going up against a team that is $20 million over the cap right now and only giving up 2 goals a game. The forwards have GOT to be better because Ned is giving us a chance to win every night. Gotta get it together and steal some games in Tampa.

Ned has played well. A couple of soft/fluky goals in the playoffs but he's done all you could ask of him. Up front, someone needs to make a play. Maybe the late goal gets Svech going? Aho needs to take on the challenge of being one of the best players in the world and make stuff happen.
dwanna
I would mostly agree with Coach's post game comments... I don't think Canes are really overmatched or anything. It's been two tight games where a couple breaks didn't go our way.

It's kind of hard because I don't know that they are any glaring weaknesses thru 1st couple games. So kinda hard to point to something and say "change that."

It's going to be tough to come back in this series, but let's get a couple breaks and see what happens.

Side note: I think I had a 6 game win streak of being in the building snapped tonight, so it definitely stung.
FlossyDFlynt
Desperately need some line shuffling heading to Tampa. Whatever they are doing at even strength, it isnt working
johntom
Vasilevskiy and their guys not allowing much as far as rebound opportunities, but we have to take better advantage of the opportunities that are presented.

It really isn't looking good. This feels similar to the Boston series from a couple of years ago where they didn't seem all that much better minus the goalie being on fire and some veterans that were more experienced playoff players. This is year 3 in the playoffs for this group though so the youth excuse isn't going to cut it. Need to convert on the opportunities we're given.
SportManagementEngineer
No Nino, no Trochek. Going to take a minor miracle to increase our scoring without two top 6 forwards.
dwanna
Yeah, the injuries are going to be tough to overcome. Especially running into the defending champs... They are kinda good.

WolfQuacker
TB outskating the Canes big time. Cane PP at the end of the 1st looked more like TB had the advantage. Not optimistic, but hopeful they can get it together.
SportManagementEngineer
WolfQuacker said:

TB outskating the Canes big time. Cane PP at the end of the 1st looked more like TB had the advantage. Not optimistic, but hopeful they can get it together.
Canes have had better energy in the second period. But Tampa is really damn good.
SportManagementEngineer
We got ourselves a series boys
WolfQuacker

WolfQuacker said:

Canes have had better energy in the second period. But Tampa is really damn good.
Agreed. They OBVIOUSLY read my post and pulled it together.
blake002
Let's go!! Way to bow our backs right there!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.