West Raleigh Baseball playing for the US Title tonight

1,244 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 3rdGenPacker
gopack1979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a lot of State ties to this team. The boys play for the US title tonight at 7. It's on Stadium so check it out if you have time. Cal Ripken ball is much better baseball than Little League but doesn't get the press.
FlockaWolf
Yes sir, you can actually steal bases in Cal Ripken league.
DJncsu13
I was an assistant coach on the 2004 12U West Raleigh team that was the first to make the Cal Ripken World Series. We beat Greenwich, CT to advance to the US Championship, similar to this years team. We beat Hawaii 8-1 to win the US and then lost to Mexico 4-3 in the World Championship game. Think about that summer often.

Amazing the amount of talent that West Raleigh continues to produce. Last years 12U team lost in the US Championship. They've already won the 11U World Series this year and earned a bid to next years CRWS.

Tonight's game will be streaming on Stadium and hope everyone can tune in!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Wolfpack98x2
If you are interested in watching you should be able to use this link

https://watch.watchstadium.com/live-event/117581/details?playlist_id=414
3rdGenPacker
Sam Highfill, Matt Willadsen and Peyton Green were part of back to back to back Ripken US champions while at West Raleigh. (2013, 2014, 2015) Willadsen's team actually won the world championship in 2014.

Several other players from those 3 years playing college and pro baseball currently. Ton of talent that went through there.
DJncsu13
3rdGenPacker said:

Sam Highfill, Matt Willadsen and Peyton Green were part of back to back to back Ripken US champions while at West Raleigh. (2013, 2014, 2015) Willadsen's team actually won the world championship in 2014.

Several other players from those 3 years playing college and pro baseball currently. Ton of talent that went through there.
Nolan McLean (Oklahoma St) was on that team as well.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
3rdGenPacker
Yes, on the 2014 world champ team. I was just naming kids that play at State.

On that 2014 team alone:
Matt Willadsen - NC State
Nolan McLean - Ok State (drafted 3rd round this year, didn't agree to terms, going back to OK State)
Koen Moreno - Drafted 5th round by Cubs in 2020 draft, currently in A ball
Sam Kulasingam - Air Force, conference player of the year this past season
Carter Holjes - UNCW
Lane Rhodes - UNCG (now at Wingate I believe)
Penn Sealey - Hofstra
Jake DeFranco - football at LIU

2013 team had:
Sam Highfill - NC State
Kevin Pitarra - UNCW
Kyle Mott - Carolina
Kohl Abrams - UNC Asheville
Wade Chandler - UNC Asheville
Dominick D'Ercole - Longwood
Victor Vargas - Phillies organization
Adam Stuart - High Point
Dante DeFranco - Charlotte
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.