Minor League Baseball after contraction

7,275 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf howl
Everyone should do themselves a favor and read the team names. Always brings a smile to my face. The Trash Pandas? Of course the Trash Pandas in minor league baseball.
Scwuffpak
wolf howl said:

Everyone should do themselves a favor and read the team names. Always brings a smile to my face. The Trash Pandas? Of course the Trash Pandas in minor league baseball.
The Rocket City Trash Pandas has to be one of the greatest team names in sports. The Lansing Lugnuts is pretty good as well. I love Minor League Baseball. Doesn't get much better. Looking forward to seeing it again this summer.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Scwuffpak said:

wolf howl said:

The Rocket City Trash Pandas has to be one of the greatest team names in sports. The Lansing Lugnuts is pretty good as well. I love Minor League Baseball. Doesn't get much better. Looking forward to seeing it again this summer.

TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Looks like they moved some teams around as well from when I last kept up with it.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Jeff Passau

Alternate sites are coming back and the AAA season, which was scheduled to begin April 6, will be delayed for at least a month, sources tell ESPN.

News at ESPN on the reason for delay, the wait for vaccines and how this alt site will differ from 2020's: https://t.co/zRRT6mn7Nz
Wolfer79
MLB just announced they're testing experimental rules in the minor leagues including:

- Larger bases to reduce collisions
- Limits of defensive shifts requiring four players on the boundaries of the infield dirt
- Requiring pitchers to step off before throwing to a base

mdreid
wolf howl said:

wish Burlington would of picked something a little bit better
Wolfer79
TheStorm
mdreid said:

wolf howl said:

Why? Are you originally from there?
mdreid
TheStorm said:

mdreid said:

wolf howl said:

work for the city, so i drive by the stadium often, tbh im suprised theyre still there, they cant even give those tickets away
Wolfer79
no, just no

TheStorm
mdreid said:

TheStorm said:

mdreid said:

wolf howl said:

work for the city, so i drive by the stadium often, tbh im suprised theyre still there, they cant even give those tickets away
I used to return kickoffs in that stadium when I was 10 (1972) and 11 (1973)... there and City Park.

Manny Ramirez and CC Sabithia played there during better days... early 70's it was the Burlington Rangers... Indians when I came back as a young adult... and I think it was Royals when I left.

So you don't get the "Sock Puppet" connotation?
basementwolf
Wolfer79 said:

no, just no

Worse name than the sock puppets. Sixty-one years in N.C., never in my life have I heard anyone call a peacock a disco turkey.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

I'm still perplexed about the guy that posted that lives in Burlington that wasn't able to grasp the context of the "Sock Puppet" name...
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

Minor League Baseball's Rocket City Trash Pandas Sell $4M in Merchandise Before Ever Playing a Game

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.