Could use your suggestions

2,741 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by howlie
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
With the summer sweeps behind us, the collectives focus now through the end of football season will be growing the membership base. The goal is 5000 members by the end of the year. Arkansas is already doing something similar called the Drive for Five. We don't want to copy them so give us your best ideas for a unique membership drive slogan for Wolfpack nation.
P. J. Williams
Staff
Not a complete idea but there's a V (roman numeral 5) in savage and wolves... Maybe there's something there?
Steve Williams
Staff
Interesting.
ecbwolf
1PACK1Goal5K Drive
P. J. Williams
Staff
Make the goal 6k and call it 6pacK
Pilamengineer
Alpha Wolf 5000: Unleash the Savage
WolfpackKaraoke
I know I've mentioned this before, but I still believe current NC State students are a completely untapped market that we're not taking advantage of in any way. A specific student only fan membership (Savage Student membership?) should be created but instead of it being a recurring monthly subscription, make it a yearly membership at like a $40 price point. The key to this would be getting like a Savage Student Tshirt made up and go ahead and package it with a membership card and decal that can physically be given to them at the time they sign up. I've said it before, and don't know if it's possible or not, but I don't see why we couldn't work with the athletic department to have a designated gate at CF (much like the one for high school coaches, recruits, and opposing team parents) for SW members (including students) where you show your membership card along with your ticket and have the perk of a gate that's much faster to get into the stadium should members choose to utilize it. For the students especially, it's my belief this alone would be seen as something worth their money to join. If you've ever seen the massive backup of students trying to enter through one gate in the south endzone then you'd know a number of them would gladly pay money to skip the line which would get them better seating since it's all GA for them. You can put me in the brickyard with an iPad and Savage Student swag for every new student orientation and during the first 2 weeks of school and I'll work it to sign kids up right on the spot! There are up to 10,000 student tickets alloted for each game and we know those kids show up and love some Wolfpack football!

#SavageStudents
WolfInTheWeeds
People love to tailgate. Figure out how to have away game watch parties at CF and entrance tied to Savage Wolves Membership.

Figure out a way to have CF seat backs tied to Savage Wolves Membership.
WolfpackKaraoke
P. J. Williams said:

Make the goal 6k and call it 6pacK

Clever, PJ!
wyotie93
Make it a drive where members are encouraged to recruit 5 members each and give incentives for referrals.

You could call it the 5 to 5000 campaign or something like that
Skylitdrive
This may be dumb lol, but this is what AI Gemini came up with so don't blame the messenger.

• Join the Pack! 5,000 Strong for NC State!
  • Howl Yeah! Be Part of the 5,000 Strong Wolfpack!
  • NC State: 5,000 Reasons to Join the Pack!
  • Be Savage. Be Wolfpack. Join Now!
    pack8379
    Something along the lines of 5 in 5 days (could do months instead) to draw on the ACC tournament run heartstrings
    WolfpackKaraoke
    wyotie93 said:

Make it a drive where members are encouraged to recruit 5 members each and give incentives for referrals.

You could call it the 5 to 5000 campaign or something like that

They already have incentives for members to recruit other members and we all have our own referral link that can be shared with friends, etc., to track this.

That being said, the 5 to 5,000 is a catchy name for a campaign like the one you suggested!
    cmball3
    Savage 6Packs

Or 4Packs
    And do a savage wolves beer with percent sales going to SW like with the vodka.
    WolfpackKaraoke
    Slogan wise, what about something like the Power 5 Pack Challenge? It insinuates the need/importance of getting membership levels to that of other big time Power 5 programs. The Power 5 could also be a reference to or name for the 5000 members we need and you could do branded shirts or other things that new members get by joining. You guys are always great with prizes and incentives..this is just a possible name for a membership drive.
    kbdavis33
    I just played a round of golf with Reid Mitchell and Dante Daniels out at Lonnie Poole.

What we were talking about that we thought would be fun would be to do a 4 man scramble/superball tournament. 2 players/2 fans. Open it up to any sports teams at State really if you want to. And it's a full day so you can have up to 100+ people participating. There would be a cost of entry for each person to sign up. Find a way to make teams (donate more to pick your teammates) and then you can also bring vendors out. A lot of corporate golf tournaments have sponsors out on certain holes to talk about their business. Could do the same thing here and use it as a networking event. Or just have fun stops at each hole.

Then other ways to make money: donate more to buy mulligans. donate more for special gear, donate extra to participate in long drive comp, putting comp, etc.

Something like that would be fun
    kbdavis33
    Other ideas:

Smoking/grilling competition with tailgating

New Member referral promo - for one week, the One Pack Member that gets the most people to sign up for with their referral code wins something special

Savage Wolves Restaurant of the Week - work with Restaurants and for any designated week, all members that mention One Pack get 10% off their bill and it goes to the collective. (Meal is $100, customer pays $90, business pays $10 to One Pack)

WolfpackKaraoke
    kbdavis33 said:

Other ideas:

New Member referral promo - for one week, the One Pack Member that gets the most people to sign up for with their referral code wins something special

Savage Wolves Restaurant of the Week - work with Restaurants and for any designated week, all members that mention One Pack get 10% off their bill and it goes to the collective. (Meal is $100, customer pays $90, business pays $10 to One Pack)

I think all of your suggestions of different ways to have people donate money to participate in events such as golf, grilling competition, etc., are great and would be fun; however, those are one time things. In Steve's original post, we're needing to find ways to increase membership…and increase it SUBSTANTIALLY! They're looking for ideas and suggestions on how to go from less than the 1,000 members we have now to a goal of having 5,000 members by the end of football season.

Sweepstakes, fundraisers, silent auctions, competitions…all great ways to raise money, but we need to find ways to increase membership by A LOT. Increased membership means constant and steady stream of money coming in instead of being so reliant on one-off fundraising efforts that by in large probably 20-30 members are always the ones consistently putting up the big money to reach the goal. That's simply not a sustainable model.
    WolfpackKaraoke
    Completely sarcastic slogan ideas:

TA was in. Why aren't you?
    Pack fan? Prove it!
    I'll go with "Things UNC fans can't do" for 5,000, Alec.
    kbdavis33
    WolfpackKaraoke said:

kbdavis33 said:

Other ideas:

I think all of your suggestions of different ways to have people donate money to participate in events such as golf, grilling competition, etc., are great and would be fun; however, those are one time things. In Steve's original post, we're needing to find ways to increase membership…and increase it SUBSTANTIALLY! They're looking for ideas and suggestions on how to go from less than the 1,000 members we have now to a goal of having 5,000 members by the end of football season.

Sweepstakes, fundraisers, silent auctions, competitions…all great ways to raise money, but we need to find ways to increase membership by A LOT. Increased membership means constant and steady stream of money coming in instead of being so reliant on one-off fundraising efforts that by in large probably 20-30 members are always the ones consistently putting up the big money to reach the goal. That's simply not a sustainable model.

This is a classic case of me not reading the first post and thinking this was just ideas LOL.

My bad!
    kbdavis33
    OnePack Rise to Five
    ecbwolf
    kbdavis33 said:

OnePack Rise to Five

I like Rise To Five!
    myworldisred
    I think the people most likely to join are those who are already somehow involved with NCSU sports. So, maybe a big increase in selective advertising in the places where those people can be found might help. Basically just keep the collective as visible as possible, as often as possible. If people see it enough, they will start thinking about it as they go through their daily routines, and maybe feel compelled to eventually join up.

Are you allowed to advertise during games now? If so, I think showing some player testimonials on the jumbotron would go a long way. Let current or former players talk about how NIL has helped them out, and about the things our collective teaches them (e.g., financial security). Also talk about how they love going out into the community and engaging with fans/donors, with some pics/video clips to go with it. And maybe also include some talk from the coaching staff about how much they see it helping the players and their families. Basically let people see that the collectives are more than just paying guys to play football, because I don't think the casual fan knows that.

Also, there are a ton of people who subscribe to these recruiting websites. We have like 4 or 5 with a pretty decent sized following. Can you enter into agreements with the people who run those sites to put out a weekly/monthly newsletter? Provide stats on total number of members, annualized donation amount, and targets on both. Then some advanced notice on upcoming planned events where members can meet the players. Maybe also provide a one-pager testimonial from or interview with a current player that gives some insight to the benefits of the collective and how it is helped them.
    Glasswolf
    myworldisred said:

I think the people most likely to join are those who are already somehow involved with NCSU sports. So, maybe a big increase in selective advertising in the places where those people can be found might help. Basically just keep the collective as visible as possible, as often as possible. If people see it enough, they will start thinking about it as they go through their daily routines, and maybe feel compelled to eventually join up.

Are you allowed to advertise during games now? If so, I think showing some player testimonials on the jumbotron would go a long way. Let current or former players talk about how NIL has helped them out, and about the things our collective teaches them (e.g., financial security). Also talk about how they love going out into the community and engaging with fans/donors, with some pics/video clips to go with it. And maybe also include some talk from the coaching staff about how much they see it helping the players and their families. Basically let people see that the collectives are more than just paying guys to play football, because I don't think the casual fan knows that.

Also, there are a ton of people who subscribe to these recruiting websites. We have like 4 or 5 with a pretty decent sized following. Can you enter into agreements with the people who run those sites to put out a weekly/monthly newsletter? Provide stats on total number of members, annualized donation amount, and targets on both. Then some advanced notice on upcoming planned events where members can meet the players. Maybe also provide a one-pager testimonial from or interview with a current player that gives some insight to the benefits of the collective and how it is helped them.
    They have had constant spots on the baseball and both MBB/WBB radio coverage and I believe spots on the jumbotron during FB. Not sure if 1P/SW is doing anything in the Wolfpacker magazine or not.
    Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

grandpack1
    If you ever do a golf tournament. One of the biggest mistakes that people make and they do all the time, is to take out the competition from the event. By that, I mean, golfers are incredibly competitive and want to compete and want the competition to be fair so they have a chance. When and organizer takes this out, then they cannot get participation and do not know why. I see it all the time. And the golfers that do play are miserable.

Tournaments that make it about the competition can be extremely successful and can make a lot of money. I have seen this over and over also
    RBTFall06
    I'm in for the NIL golf tournament.
    WolfpackKaraoke
    grandpack1 said:

If you ever do a golf tournament. One of the biggest mistakes that people make and they do all the time, is to take out the competition from the event. By that, I mean, golfers are incredibly competitive and want to compete and want the competition to be fair so they have a chance. When and organizer takes this out, then they cannot get participation and do not know why. I see it all the time. And the golfers that do play are miserable.

Tournaments that make it about the competition can be extremely successful and can make a lot of money. I have seen this over and over also

True, and it's a great suggestion for a fundraiser event; however, those are one time/annual types of events that, yes, can bring in lots of money and that's very good for the collective, but the more pressing matter isn't fundraising, it's increasing membership totals by a very substantial amount! As of early June, we had LESS THAN 350 members supporting Savage Wolves. As Steve indicated at the beginning of this thread, from now until the end of football season they have set a very ambitious goal of having 5,000 members. So, while there will always be a need for different types of fundraising events - and ones that fans will have fun participating in - the focus here is on what type of membership drive can we create…and what would be some suggestions on slogans that would be catchy while also representative of the goal/task at hand of getting to 5,000 members and put us on par with other top tier programs, like Tennessee, and the 4,000 members they have in comparison to where we're at right now.
    rofd1247
    Savage City. A place/tent for the collective to hang out before football games. Make it fun and entertaining. Use the AMEX slogan, membership has its privileges. If you offer something to a select few, the other will want in.

QR Code at the entrance for instant access the day of the game, for an additional fee.

Securing the needed space may be the challenge.
    thewuf
    Help Us Run This 5K
    WolfpackKaraoke
    What about something like the Carter-Finley 5k Challenge or the 50-7-5 Drive? 50,000 fans, 7 home games, and a goal of getting 5,000 new members during that time. Then at each home game a graphic is put on the Jumbotron showing progress made from game to game with a QR code for people in the stadium to scan? Maybe even have former fan favorite players prerecord video messages urging certain sections sign up? Or at each home game you put up the names of the fans who signed up from the game before and announce a price of some sort that they will get to make other fans want to sign up during that game so they can have their name on the Jumbotron and find out what prize they will receive at the next home game?

Feels like if we could make it known that the goal is to have 5,000 of the 50,000+ fans sign up and join over the course of 7 home games and show progress from week to week then it would serve as a challenge to those in the stands.
    WolfpackKaraoke
    Also, if there were some way to visually show where we stand compared to other ACC schools we can't stand losing to in football or any sport really…where we could show each game how far behind we are and as we're making progress towards catching them and then beating them I feel like that could gain a lot of traction. You wouldn't have to put numbers up for the other schools like UNC, Clemson, FSU, SMU or whomever else…just a bar graph representative of their collective's member stats and then each week how much closer we are to catching up to them and hopefully passing them…
    cmball3
    A Savage Wolves 5K walk/run fundraising event could work. Could be good to get corporate sponsors from that realm too.

Could do a tailgate cook-off where you get some of the owners of these restaurants to judge the food. Have it so that people can buy a ticket to try a plate that goes straight to SWs. Winner maybe gets a gift certificate to one of the restaurants (if you get buy-in).

The Office style Olympics where fans can "sponsor" or "bet on" SW members to participate in
    https://theoffice.fandom.com/wiki/Office_Olympics
    Wearestate13
    Still think, if possible/legal, have one of the fancy marketing people create a flyer and include it in the parking passes mailed out. All the olds (my dad) usually get involved when they see something on paper.

List the different levels and perks. Along with past/future events to show the true benefits.
    WolfpackKaraoke
    cmball3 said:

A Savage Wolves 5K walk/run fundraising event could work. Could be good to get corporate sponsors from that realm too.

Could do a tailgate cook-off where you get some of the owners of these restaurants to judge the food. Have it so that people can buy a ticket to try a plate that goes straight to SWs. Winner maybe gets a gift certificate to one of the restaurants (if you get buy-in).

The Office style Olympics where fans can "sponsor" or "bet on" SW members to participate in
    https://theoffice.fandom.com/wiki/Office_Olympics

Again, main focus here is how to increases membership from like 400 some to 5,000 between now and then end of football seasons. Different fundraising ideas are all great and seem fun, BUT those are more one time money generating events and not likely to increase membership very much.
    cmball3
    Yep, you can obviously bring those people in when they get to the event. Visibility helps.
    Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.