Will 1Pack and Savage Wolves be gone a year from now?

926 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by WPNfamily
WolfpackKaraoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While it hasn't been officially stated in the recent announcement regarding "Pack Forward", it seem pretty clear it's a move being made to shift NIL funding away from Collectives and part of the University (given changes that will allow schools to pay athletes directly in the very near future). With that said, are we essentially looking at this basically being the 3rd (but really 2nd in terms of it being handled the right way) and final year of 1Pack and Savage Wolves?
WPNfamily
Nope you are still stuck with us!

The collective will still be active with the current proposed plans. The collective will go from being the meat and potatoes to the cherry on top. All schools will still need a collective because there will be a hard spending cap on the funds a school can provide. If a school no longer has a collective they will be behind others that do.

Maybe there will be future legislation that solves this, but so far we have heard nothing that has been proposed. I hope this gets worked out at some point where schools can do it all, but I don't see a solve yet for 2025.
WolfpackKaraoke
WPNfamily said:

The collective will still be active with the current proposed plans. The collective will go from being the meat and potatoes to the cherry on top. All schools will still need a collective because there will be a hard spending cap on the funds a school can provide. If a school no longer has a collective they will be behind others that do.

Maybe there will be future legislation that solves this, but so far we have heard nothing that has been proposed. I hope this gets worked out at some point where schools can do it all, but I don't see a solve yet for 2025.

This is great news to hear, because personally I feel like the access to our athletes and the unique experiences I've had since joining 1Pack/Savage Wolves has far exceeded any expectations I had when I first joined and certainly has been a great return on my investment in the collective and our student-athletes! I'm glad to know we're stuck with you because you guys have been awesome!
WPNfamily
WolfpackKaraoke said:

WPNfamily said:

This is great news to hear, because personally I feel like the access to our athletes and the unique experiences I've had since joining 1Pack/Savage Wolves has far exceeded any expectations I had when I first joined and certainly has been a great return on my investment in the collective and our student-athletes! I'm glad to know we're stuck with you because you guys have been awesome!
We are thankful for your continued participation!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.