Football Recruiting

490,214 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by toddl
williewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
seems like recruiting gets earlier each year; first it was senior year; then it was summer before sr year after going to the different camps; now it seems like last weeks of 11th grade is becoming a popular time
nryanh94
williewolf said:

seems like recruiting gets earlier each year; first it was senior year; then it was summer before sr year after going to the different camps; now it seems like last weeks of 11th grade is becoming a popular time

Think a lot of that is because of the new early signing period, also the fact that coaches are starting to recruit 8th and 9th graders
PackFansXL
The early signing period is driving some of this, ww.
DrummerboyWolf
williewolf said:

Camps are starting up these next few weeks, which is what they do all the time. Yes there is an early signing period, but it's only about 6 weeks before National Signing Day. It's nice to have the commitments, but until they sign on the dotted line or enroll it's never a sure thing for anybody. Never know what might happen. Last year we got a nice surprise with Payton Wilson switching late.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
WolfPacker54
LoanWolf said:

Looks like Jackson and Clark are committing next week. Anyone know the chances of State landing them?

Not great Bob!
Thunderhill
McMahon looks like a solid center prospect-he was not listed on IP as even being recruited. Top 7 center prospect sounds good and at about 290 lbs. he has college size already for that position.
GuerrillaPack
Being discussed on premium board right now. SC insiders now think Savion Jackson will pick NC State.
PicklePacker
Looking good. Now. All signs pointing to the Pack. Sounds as if SJ was leaning towards the Cocks until he came to State this weekend.
DrummerboyWolf
Never in doubt in my opinion. Welcome to the Pack young Mr. Jackson. Now let's wrap up the freshmen defensive line of Harris, Clark, Rorie, and Jackson. I think we have an excellent chance to do so.
PackFansXL
Drummer, did you poke around in the Premium threads yet? I think James opened them up for free for now.
DrummerboyWolf
PackFansXL said:

Drummer, did you poke around in the Premium threads yet? I think James opened them up for free for now.
Nope not yet. If he does open them up, I might. I had thought about taking the $1 trial, but again my need to know is not that great I was considering it though and may take the plunge.

I found out when everybody else did and I for one never thought Jackson was going anywhere else. I am sure there was reinforcement on the premium side, but again I had a good feeling all along.
PackFansXL
The promotion says it's free, now. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
DrummerboyWolf
PackFansXL said:

I did look around. Thanks for the hint. I will consider it, but no guarantees.
PackFansXL
DrummerboyWolf said:

PackFansXL said:

I did look around. Thanks for the hint. I will consider it, but no guarantees.
Now that you're in, did you see the PM capability? Send me a PM and let's catch up. You can't PM without a subscription, unfortunately. I want to see you over here on a regular basis. I spent years fighting the trolls on PP and you were one of the few who I counted as a solid ally. Come over here and experience the refreshing IPS culture! We need your help to keep some of the recent PP converts under control and help them adapt to the better way.
whalepack1
What's up with t freshwater. Not hearing anything any more.
nryanh94
whalepack1 said:

Needs to hit the books
GuerrillaPack
whalepack1 said:

He's apparently having issues with grades. If he can get that in order, it seems NC State still wants him.

Freshwater is still very interested in NC State. Look at his twitter, for instance:

Amphibious
so excited about what DD is doing. Our patience with him is about to pay off big time.
The Phantom
By the way, if you are a lurker here just perusing. .. let me encourage you to join up with premium.

It blows away all of the other Wolfpack Sites I have ever seen. . .and I have followed several since around 1998, going back to the old ACC Boards which I think were some of the first out there.

Just a quick plug for the site. I am a new premium member and I wish I had joined on Day 1.

You won't be sorry.

nryanh94
The Phantom said:

By the way, if you are a lurker here just perusing. .. let me encourage you to join up with premium.

It blows away all of the other Wolfpack Sites I have ever seen. . .and I have followed several since around 1998, going back to the old ACC Boards which I think were some of the first out there.

Just a quick plug for the site. I am a new premium member and I wish I had joined on Day 1.

You won't be sorry.

You get more information from one chat on here than you do from the other sites in a 2 week period
GuerrillaPack
OL Ikem Ekwonu out of Charlotte area is announcing at 12:00 noon today. The Pack is believed to be the likely choice. High 3* that also has offers from Tennessee and WV.
The Phantom
nryanh94 said:

The Phantom said:

You won't be sorry.

You get more information from one chat on here than you do from the other sites in a 2 week period
I was going to mention the mature content but did not want to give anyone the wrong idea. lol.

Let's just call it excellent information bandied about in a mature fashion. . . !
Thunderhill
Carter Colquitt off the board? Ole Miss?
PackFansXL
Yes
Thunderhill
State gets a high major long-snapper. Joe Shimko is apparently the real deal and seems to be a possible upgrade over the long-snapper that flipped to uNC. This recruit may prove to be the steal of the class!
Thunderhill
And just for the record, this class is likely making believers out of some of the cynics-may end up the best rated (I said rated because they haven't done anything yet) in school history. I believe it will be the highest rated in history-should easily be top 10 when it's done.
TheEagle
Anyone remember the first play from scrimmage under Amato? First down, and we threw a long pass that went incomplete. It didn't matter. The stands went crazy with the prospect of a more wide open offense. I expect the same level of excitement when our new kicker makes a field goal!
The Phantom
Maybe two or three years ago I counted it up and we were leaving about ten points on the field due to inadequacy in the kicking game. . and it was fairly consistent game in and game out. .

We now have Dunn and Shimko on board. . very excited. . .

Not spotting teams ten points is going to help!!
PicklePacker
TheEagle said:

Anyone remember the first play from scrimmage under Amato? First down, and we threw a long pass that went incomplete. It didn't matter. The stands went crazy with the prospect of a more wide open offense. I expect the same level of excitement when our new kicker makes a field goal!
This is random but do yall remember Tramain Hall's first game after sitting out two years as a transfer. Amato got him the ball every play on the first drive for the TD. That was special.
WolvesWinNow
^ Yeah that was really cool. Say what you will about Amato but he absolutely loved his guys.

Hope he is enjoying the retired life.
Thunderhill
?-Is the staff more interested in Rorie or McClendon at DE? Rorie clearly has the size and McClendon is kinda small for a DE but seems higher rated. I haven't heard much about Rorie at all lately. Is he their second choice behind M?
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

?-Is the staff more interested in Rorie or McClendon at DE? Rorie clearly has the size and McClendon is kinda small for a DE but seems higher rated. I haven't heard much about Rorie at all lately. Is he their second choice behind M?

Jacoby Jones
Thunderhill
Thanks-I guess a JUCO would help the stagger. He wasn't really on my radar. Makes sense.
mcpack1
Any word regarding Quavaris Crouch's visit on Wed morning?
BollNCSU
mcpack1 said:

Any word regarding Quavaris Crouch's visit on Wed morning?

Mcpack1 - are you a premium member? There is some info on it on the premium board and Steve posted some interesting info in premium chat about it only available in chat. If not a member it is WELL worth it - so much more info in there and it helps support James and company and helps make the site even better - if that's somehow possible!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.