2018-2019 NC State Hockey

10,039 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The team is currently 6-0. They play unc-CHeat on October 22 at 7pm at PNC Arena. No tickets necessary, admission is free with a $5 suggested donation. Parking is free.

I went to this game last year, and it was an outstanding atmosphere with around 4,000 fans in attendance. I'm not a big hockey fan in general as far as the NHL, but that's due to never getting into it and not having any team to pull for. The game of hockey itself is very exciting to watch. I love watching when the USA national team plays in the Olympics.

These NC State vs unc hockey games are extremely exciting/entertaining. It's a great time.

GuerrillaPack
NC State moves to 8-0 with an 11-1 victory over Richmond last night.

unc-CHeat's hockey team currently has a record of 2-4. Looks like the Pack will be heavily favored to win tomorrow night.
GuerrillaPack
DrummerboyWolf
One of my best friends daughter dates a guy on the hockey team. They are apparently playing very well.
GuerrillaPack
Pack defeats the Turd Holes 9-5. Bigger crowd than the November game last year. I would estimate around 5,000. Very lively atmosphere with pockets of unc-CHeat fans talking smack during the game in the 3rd period, and one time being shouted down by Pack fans with a "Start your Prius" chant...LOL!!

Wolfer79
Thank you for updates.

Will try to attend November 19 game
Cornpack

This was from last night but I thought some might enjoy it.
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
Here is last night's game:

1:58:50 - 2:02:20 in the video is a good sequence, where NC State scored 3 goals in less than two minutes of action, taking their lead from 5-4 to 8-4.

At 2:10:50 & 2:13:30, the announcers comment on the "crowd exploding" and the camera shows shots of the crowd when Wolfpack and unc fans were getting into it late in the game. A group of about 12-15 unc fans (young guys, likely students) in that area of the crowd were talking smack and provoking the crowd. I think the unc fans had some custom made T-shirts with some sort of message -- which I couldn't see, but I assume had some sort of anti-NC State message.

After the game was over, I saw that group of about 12-15 unc fans in the parking lot outside of PNC arena, and they were talking trash to Pack fans, and it almost escalated to a fight. One of the unc fans picked up one of those set-up tables and threw it. It was a good thing it didn't escalate, because there were cops in the area...and they went and talked to the guys right after that.

GuerrillaPack
The team currently has a 12-0 record, and has a game tonight against Wake Forest. They are currently ranked #6 in the Southeast for Division 2 hockey.

They play unc-CHeat at PNC arena (for the 2nd time this season) on Monday, November 19th at 7:00pm. As a heads up, the Holes will be considered the "home" team for this game, and any donations at the door will go to unc-CHeat -- so, don't donate.
GuerrillaPack

GuerrillaPack

Wolfer79
Final from PNC

IcePack 7
unc-ch 1
GuerrillaPack
The Pack moves to 15-0 with a win over VT tonight.

GuerrillaPack
NC State Hockey moves to 17-0 with a win over UNC Wilmington yesterday.

Next game is Wednesday, January 23rd at 7pm at PNC vs unc-Cheat. No tickets required. Entry is free, but a $5 donation is suggested. Parking at PNC Arena is free. And, again...for those who have not been to a NC State hockey game, these games versus unc at PNC Arena are outstanding, with a great atmosphere. The crowds keep getting bigger. I think there was around 5,000 at the last game at PNC vs unc back in December. Also, I think NC State is undefeated vs unc in the PNC Arena games (which began around 2-3 years ago), with about a 6 or 7 to nothing record. I highly recommend every Pack fan checking it out. You won't regret it.

Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack

Redwolf
Wow thanks for the updates gorilla... Wish I lived in town, hockey is in my blood!!

Bonne chance meute de loups ...Allez Allez Allez Allez ..... Allez Allez !!!!!!

GTHC!!!

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Redwolf
Thanks Wolfer.. Air played it to my flat screen ..... NICE!!!
Redwolf
Great win!!!! Really fun to watch ..looked like a very lively crowd tonight ..
Anyone know the attendance number?
GuerrillaPack
Redwolf said:

I was there and would say around 6,000. Biggest crowd by far of these games over the last two years.
Redwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Redwolf said:

I was there and would say around 6,000. Biggest crowd by far of these games over the last two years.
What went down when a unc chump got thrown out late in the third?
(In the stands that is)
And what were they( the chumps of crapel hill) chanting ...announcers said something derogatory towards us...couldn't hear it on the broadcast.. I take it it was a bit rowdy...

6,000 is a pretty dam good crowd!! It really looked like a great crowd on tv.
GuerrillaPack
Redwolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Redwolf said:

What went down when a unc chump got thrown out late in the third?
(In the stands that is)
And what were they( the chumps of crapel hill) chanting ...announcers said something derogatory towards us...couldn't hear it on the broadcast.. I take it it was a bit rowdy...

6,000 is a pretty dam good crowd!! It really looked like a great crowd on tv.

The announcer on PackTV said 7,000. Half of the lower level sections were filled, with each section about 80-85% full.

The cops kicked out at least 3-4 fans. Pretty sure there were no physical altercations. They must have been expelling those who were using foul language or acting in an excessively hostile manner.

This all took place in the sections behind the net. I was only a few sections away, but couldn't make out what was said in the chants. It was just a small number of unc-cheat fans chanting. Edit to add...I read that one chant by the TurdHole fans was "safety school".
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Redwolf
Looks like the guys really appreciated the crowd last night..7,000 bodies is a great time!!

Thanks GP thanks to you to Wolfer woulda missed it if it wasn't for this thread.
GuerrillaPack
Redwolf said:

Looks like the guys really appreciated the crowd last night..7,000 bodies is a great time!!

Thanks GP thanks to you to Wolfer woulda missed it if it wasn't for this thread.
No problem. NC State hockey is a somewhat hidden gem that once people discover, they will be hooked. It's amazing that it has grown as much as it has with very little promotion from the university, athletic department, or major NC State sports sites.

The crowd was huge and created a very impressive atmosphere. I would estimate that NC State fans were about 75-80% of the crowd, but there were a few small pockets of rowdy unc-Cheat fans (mostly college-age men) who were chanting, holding signs, and trying to agitate. Every time the unc fans would try to start a "Tar...Heels" chant, NC State fans would hijack it and drown it out with huge "Wolf....Pack" chants.
Redwolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Redwolf said:

No problem. NC State hockey is a somewhat hidden gem that once people discover, they will be hooked. It's amazing that it has grown as much as it has without virtually any promotion from the university, athletic department, or major NC State sports sites.

The crowd was huge and created a very impressive atmosphere. I would estimate that NC State fans were about 75-80% of the crowd, but there were a few small pockets of rowdy unc-Cheat fans (mostly college-age men) who were chanting, holding signs, and trying to agitate. Every time the unc fans would try to start a "Tar...Heels" chant, NC State fans would hijack it and drown it out with huge "Wolf....Pack" chants.
I was surprised at the talent level to be honest. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was some good hockey.
It would be awesome if we could make the jump to D1 but I understand the hurdles are many.
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack
Wolfer79

GuerrillaPack
Taking on Duke right now

Wolfer79

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.